Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Please wait for your discussion to be approved

CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
Anyone know why this message might pop up? I tried posting a message to another forumer and it has to be approved, same with one of my discussions.

Is it because the discussion and message had a hyperlink? Too many charectors?

Comments

• awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    Did you comment a lot in a small amount of time?
  • SpyroSpyro Dumb enough to tryMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,682
    Yes, I do believe that this is vanillas automatic spam protector thing at work.
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    edited November 2015
    I see, that's most likely why. Thanks Spyro and Awesemeo.

Edit: Scratch that, I tried posting the thread about six hours later and i'm still recieving the same issue, @lisa?
    -bump- still unsure why I can't post the discussion.
    @lisa ?
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,560
    It's weird for it to have persisted this long! But instead of hoping she'll see your notification, you might try emailing directly to deepworld@bytebin.com and explaining the issue. Good luck, hope it gets resolved soon!
  • Rockster514Rockster514 The TARDISMember Posts: 371
    edited November 2015
    The same has happens to me whenever I try to post something with a link, so I think that's the cause. It's probably to keep from malignant links from being spread. (Eg. viruses, malware, etc.)

Edited for grammar
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,123
    Yeah that is Vanilla's spam defense. We have no control over it. I can try to toggle one thing but it might do nothing.
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    @Lisa this might be a stupid question to you but I'm still gonna ask. Does Vanilla own deepworld? Or like do you work for Vanilla?
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453
    Vanilla is the company that provides this forum for Deepworld. The secs pay a monthly fee to keep it up.
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,123

Vanilla is the company that provides this forum for Deepworld. The secs pay a monthly fee to keep it up.

This. It's just a forum host that has preprogrammed, with varying degrees of customizableness based of package, that we use for the Deepworld forum. I work for Bytebin, but Deepworld specifically. Does that make sense?
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034

The same has happens to me whenever I try to post something with a link, so I think that's the cause. It's probably to keep from malignant links from being spread. (Eg. viruses, malware, etc.)

Edited for grammar

It's the same thing with walls posts. The only type of HTML you can exclusively post without toggling the spam "protection" are image tags.

All others, including links, will be marked for spam unless balanced by a rather sizable amount of extra characters. For the music videos on my wall, I've often had to post short descriptions as the title was "too small" to be considered "not spam." (And, thus, triggering the filter)
  • jellysnakejellysnake http://jellysnake.net/Member Posts: 6,323
    Yeah it really sucks. I've had some html heavy posts that took a while to write up get eated by the filter. To the best of my knowledge they never showed up and are presumably floating in post limbo.