Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Happy Turkey Day!

KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamMember Posts: 2,219
edited November 2015 in General
Happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans. :3 (and Smoothy)

May your turkey day be filled with stuffing and yummy noms.

<3
Post edited by KittyKupo on

Comments

• awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    Have a Happy thanks giving! What are you guys thankful for?
  • William2William2 Farewell!Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,377

Have a Happy thanks giving! What are you guys thankful for?

I'm thankful for....

Youuuuuuuuuu... -eyes get huge-

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Kupo. And I'm giving my thanks to you for donating all of those lights to me :)
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamMember Posts: 2,219
    No problem Will!

I'm thankful for my friends and family and pets. :3
  • headgrinderheadgrinder Digging for Wisdom GemsMember Posts: 490
    My family, friends, the presence of Jesus in my life, and a fantastic building team in Deepworld.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,502
    I am thankful for paper towels, cordless drills, digital cameras, zombie-apocalypse TV shows, the word "cthonic," anything that makes my favorite person laugh, and the way the air smells with the turning of the tide.
  • MillicentMillicent Millie Hills, Millie Ranch & Millie BellsMember, Arbiter Posts: 521
    Happy Thanksgiving you little turkeys!
  • Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloMember Posts: 1,574
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • William2William2 Farewell!Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,377
    My cat would ALSO like to add she is thankful for that peculiar little red dot that always moves when you're just about to catch it, crinkle balls, windowsills, the bottom left corner of my bed, clean sheets to dirty up, and the ledge of the couch that is oh so convieniently right in a patch of sunlight.
    My cat Rogue would like to chime in. She's thankful for the times that it's actually dinnertime and breakfast time (not so much thankful for the times inbetween), pillows to sleep on, water from the bathtub, and tummy rubs.

Sassy my sugar glider is thankful for apples, carrots, spinach, honey, cat food when she can sneak it, and most anything she can get in her mouth. She's also thankful for snuggles and also tummy rubs.
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalaceMember Posts: 6,453
    May we all take the moment and respect all the turkies who died for this day.
    Their sacrifices will not be in vain.
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    I'm thankful for water melons and deepworlds caring and encouraging community
  • SmoothySmoothy Definitely not drinking a Smoothie ATM...Member Posts: 636
    edited November 2015
    How ironic, I'm celebrating Thanksgiving in Canada. I am thankful for all these helpful canadians who made us delicious turkey and say 'Eh' after almost every question they ask. :smiley: Im also thankful for Tim Hortons, Canadian Tire, Canadian Dollarama, and their welcoming overuse of maple leaves.

EDIT: All the Squirrels here are Red and Black, I'm going to sneak some home. :wink:
    Smoothy said:

How ironic, I'm celebrating Thanksgiving in Canada. I am thankful for all these helpful canadians who made us delicious turkey and say 'Eh' after almost every question they ask. :smiley: Im also thankful for Tim Hortons, Canadian Tire, Canadian Dollarama, and their welcoming overuse of maple leaves.

EDIT: All the Squirrels here are Red and Black, I'm going to sneak some home. :wink:

I edited the first post to fit you in. :3
  • FreshXFreshX "Kazuie, kazoe. Let me suck them toes." -Chicken Member Posts: 1,342
    I am happy for this guy!

Sorry about the cursing.
    @FreshX I used to watch his vids, AND THIS WILL BE MY 500 POST LOL
    edited November 2015
    KittyKupo said:

Smoothy said:

I edited the first post to fit you in. :3
    Psst. I'm American, just visiting my relatives in Canada. Lol

EDIT: Wait no I'm a citizen in both countries, but yeah.
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,239
    What even is thanksgiving
    It's when you thanks for giving and giving for thanks
  • FreshXFreshX "Kazuie, kazoe. Let me suck them toes." -Chicken Member Posts: 1,342

@FreshX I used to watch his vids, AND THIS WILL BE MY 500 POST LOL

I feel very honored being in your 500th post :joy: :smile:
    :)
  • MillicentMillicent Millie Hills, Millie Ranch & Millie BellsMember, Arbiter Posts: 521

Thanksgiving is basically a celebration of the pilgrims landing in America back in 1620 and after having a successful harvest, they decided to have a feast of thanksgiving. The Indians shared in their feast and I'm sure it was a yummy and wonderful occasion. Gobble, gobble.
    The funny thing is they didn't have turkey but birds ?
    Does anyone know which president made Thanksgiving an official holiday?
    FreshX said:

Does anyone know which president made Thanksgiving an official holiday?

I think it was declared a holiday by President Eisenhower, promoted by George Washingon in 1790 and after the Civil War President Abraham Lincon made the holiday official in the 1860's. Yay for history. Or as Millie would say "gobble gobble" :)
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 861
    Millicent said:

Thanksgiving is basically a celebration of the pilgrims landing in America back in 1620 and after having a successful harvest, they decided to have a feast of thanksgiving. The Indians shared in their feast and I'm sure it was a yummy and wonderful occasion. Gobble, gobble.
    It is also that Charlie Brown TV special featured on ABC, best watched by eating turkey and munching on noms. Though Thanksiving is over I am thankful for true friends that stick by me in multipule games @X_minez_TURTLE_ and brothers that don't harass me in my sleep, (sometimes.)