Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Overuse of General Section

Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 945
I'm bringing this to people's attention, again, because everyone is using the section General almost all the time. What's your opinion?

Comments

• SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,768
    Everything on the front page looks Deepworld-related to me. Are you having concerns about any threads in particular?
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalaceMember Posts: 6,453
    Most people put their supposidly offtopic, bug, or question related threads to general.

The reason for off topic intentionally being tagged in general is because offtopic dont go "update" back on top. As for the other two, most likely due to carelessness or laziness.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,084
    It's mostly because people forget that the section changer even exists. (I do every single time I make a thread, it seems)
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    Well with questions, it's under the out of game
  • DianeDiane Member Posts: 367
    If you put the category as questions, it still shows in the main general page. It's only the commerce and off-topic categories I think. All the other categories show on the general page
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,084
    edited December 2015
    lisa said:

And yet this is in the General section. Interesting...

Perhaps that was the point.

Why Did I Pick That Avatar?
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 945
    edited December 2015
    No but I remember seeing something in ToS about trying to to use General section too much, I may be wrong.
    @Sirentist No thread in particular.
    @lisa @p1nkbr0 That was the point.

Oh yea, congrats on making Arbiter p1nk!
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 945
    Aha! Here it is!
    image.jpeg
    750 x 398 - 73K
  • FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Member Posts: 1,367
    @Sirentist you are not always the important one in the general posts! STOP TAKING MY SPOTLIGHT!

Anyways I believe the general section is used a lot because most people who make a post aren't what other sections are like the questions or come and visit. So people would choose general because most people believe that post is a general post because it's general to think that
    FreshX said:

@Sirentist you are not always the important one in the general posts! STOP TAKING MY SPOTLIGHT!

Anyways I believe the general section is used a lot because most people who make a post aren't what other sections are like the questions or come and visit. So people would choose general because most people believe that post is a general post because it's general to think that

No one is better than anyone else, getting back on track I posted that part of ToS for all you TL;DRers.