Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Private worlds

Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
This may be a stupid question but I'm still going to ask because I don't know the answer. When you buy a private world, as most of you should know, it's private( obviously) and protected(I know so don't say oh well duh) (please and thank you) so if you unprotected a world, and kept it private would you need to worry about people ruining things? Or is the answer just majorly obvious and I'm over thinking it?

Comments

• CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    Private
    • Does not allow anyone who is not a member to be inside the world

Protection
    • Does not allow anyone who is not a member to build.

Public
    • Anyone may enter

Unprotected
    • Anyone may build.

You can't build if you can't enter. So no. May want to test this just to be safe incase it has changed.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,502
    In theory, if all you did was turn protection off, it would remain private, and as long as you never added anyone, no one but you would be able to mine anything.

I don't know of anyone trying this, though. I suppose it's possible that the protection setting is only possible to change once you've made it public, or that turning protection off automatically makes it public, too.
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    @CloudxCloud and @Sirentist thank you!