Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Question about combat skill

DianeDiane Member Posts: 371
The info about combat skill says it increases gun efficiency, increases critical hit rate, and increases bomb damage. My question is, does it also increase efficiency of tesla club against mobs? Or rapier or pick or other hitting weapon against mobs, as opposed to gun or bomb weapon against another player.

I do not pvp, so I am only interested in if raising combat skill will help against mobs.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,084
    Increasing critical hit frequency afftects mobs as long as you use a melee, which includes picks, exo-stomp, etc. Weapon efficiency affects the amount of steam a gun uses over a period of time. The more efficient, the longer you can shoot.

I don't believe the gun efficiency would make a pick or tesla club deal more damage.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,793
    You would think that since combat skill increases crit hit efficiency, it would also increase all melee-dealt damage. But crit hits seem like their own thing, separate from regular melee mechanics. I say this because a kill from a crit hit will result in a placed drop rather than one going into your inventory (as long as the drop is placeable to begin with). This is different from what happens with drops from normal melee kills (which automatically go into your inventory). So it may be that crit hit coding has more in common with how exploders work than with how melee weapons work. All of which is to say ... this is a very good question, ha!

Okay I realize that wasn't helpful at all. But I do love a good question.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,084
    I believe critical hit is a stat completely unrelated to melee damage except for the small part that they're bound to such class of weapons. They're not melee damage, they're critical hit damage.
  • DianeDiane Member Posts: 371
    Ok so....are you guys saying that increasing the chance of getting critical hits is the only way that raising combat skill will (indirectly) increase melee damage?
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2015
    Yeah essentially.

I tend to spam click with a tesla club to make the most out of the crit rate boost.

• DianeDiane Member Posts: 371
    Ok thanks! I am glad to know putting precious points onto combat skill would be a waste in my circumstances. Thank you all for your answers
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    Exo stomp....? The heck is that...
  • LorthrashLorthrash Member Posts: 616
    edited December 2015

Exo stomp....? The heck is that...

You need an exo leg. Only available in crown shop. You move down faster and it uses steam. When you hit the ground you deal damage to enemies. 1 hit kill for small enemies. A short cool-down after... Like 5 seconds? Maybe less. It's useful for getting to the ground faster.