Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

I'm getting bored of deepworld

GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,255
What do I do now? I've got really nothing to do

Comments

• William2William2 Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,379
    Socialize! Make friends! Stop being a lonely hermit!

If you want to go see some cool worlds or make friends, use the "popular" or "random" teleporter options. Build something random! Go exploring! There's a vast world out there! You don't need updates to stay content!
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    Build, build, and build.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,084

Not to be a wet blanket, but rather a drenched bed.

1. Sure, there are things to build, but building the same thing(s) with the same things get boring quick, especially if its been done by others (mostly in terms of machines) or built with the same items. Even more so if the world has no major functions such as Crafting/Spawn-Point/Etc (Via items, think like Terreria or Starbound). This doesn't mean that its pointless to make something cool, it just means that it gets boring if there is nothing new.

2. Most players nowadays are either:
    A: Hostile
    B: Greedy
    C: Immature
    D : Rude
    E: The whole package
    Therefore making it more of a nusance to interact with others if a general amount of them are the above. Now, that doesn't not mean that its pointless to interact with others, i'm just saying that you would have a much more interesting chat with people you know, but still try if you feel the need, im sure there are people that can hold a meaningful, intelligent conversation witb you, just look.

3. Exploring can get boring fast after you explore a majority of the dungeon configurations, and with no unique chalenges, it gets repetitive and monotone. This along with the bland loot thay does nothing but "Look Shiny" kind of takes the fun out of it. Might just be me, but I would like my loot to "Do cool thing-a-ma-bob" or "Shoot Rainbow Acid", makes it fun to find something cool. Now, this doesn't mean that finding something "rare" is bad, go for it, if you found something cool, be happy, but just think that even more cool things to find and more unique dungeons (like Random-Gen ones!) would make the game more fun.

If you are truely fine with the same thing on a broken record, then I won't judge for it. But don't lie to yourself that it never gets boring at times.

Variety is better than the ordinary.

Variety doesn't equal fun. I have a rather vivid imagination, so there are a crap-load of things that I can think to do in any given time, but I'm still finding myself bored at times.
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalaceMember Posts: 6,453
    I really think there should be an endgame objective or event that can keep making seasoned and old time player entertained in the game somehow.

A good example of this are the orders. The devs should really start to work on the other orders that they promised. Orders are an excellent way to give players an actual objective to do and make them do something.

I agree with awesomeo about everything he said. Building takes time and can be boring, especially if you dont have the inspiration to do so. Dungeon raiding is monotomous and all raiding does is add more decors to your inventory; make you "richer" in deepworld.
    The ingame community is full of, well, everything that awesomeo said too, so socializing is hard. Youre better off in the forums.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    p1nkbr0 said:

1. Sure, there are things to build, but building the same thing(s) with the same things get boring quick, especially if its been done by others (mostly in terms of machines) or built with the same items. Even more so if the world has no major functions such as Crafting/Spawn-Point/Etc (Via items, think like Terreria or Starbound). This doesn't mean that its pointless to make something cool, it just means that it gets boring if there is nothing new.

Therefore making it more of a nusance to interact with others if a general amount of them are the above. Now, that doesn't not mean that its pointless to interact with others, i'm just saying that you would have a much more interesting chat with people you know, but still try if you feel the need, im sure there are people that can hold a meaningful, intelligent conversation witb you, just look.

3. Exploring can get boring fast after you explore a majority of the dungeon configurations, and with no unique chalenges, it gets repetitive and monotone. This along with the bland loot thay does nothing but "Look Shiny" kind of takes the fun out of it. Might just be me, but I would like my loot to "Do cool thing-a-ma-bob" or "Shoot Rainbow Acid", makes it fun to find something cool. Now, this doesn't mean that finding something "rare" is bad, go for it, if you found something cool, be happy, but just think that even more cool things to find and more unique dungeons (like Random-Gen ones!) would make the game more fun.

If you are truely fine with the same thing on a broken record, then I won't judge for it. But don't lie to yourself that it never gets boring at times.

Variety doesn't equal fun. I have a rather vivid imagination, so there are a crap-load of things that I can think to do in any given time, but I'm still finding myself bored at times.
    I can agree with you on that, however it isn't due to lack of imagination, its lack of functionality.

Take Besige for example.

The game has limited parts and levels, however I have tons of fun with it, why? Whatever I build I can actually fiddle around with, and be proud when I make something complex, such as a robot that uses strings/winches to move.

Now with Deepworld.

I have a pretty good imagination, I could make up builds with a whole story behind them and then some. The thing is, once im done with the build, its mostly "Yeah, I built a spiffy factory, it does nothing". Sure I can make-do with the same items, they just don't have the functionalitys to make them fun to come back to. Kind of makes Deepworld just an Art Museum rather than a Sandbox. (Not that Art Museums are bad, I liked them.)
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,084

p1nkbr0 said:

I can agree with you on that, however it isn't due to lack of imagination, its lack of functionality.

Take Besige for example.

The game has limited parts and levels, however I have tons of fun with it, why? Whatever I build I can actually fiddle around with, and be proud when I make something complex, such as a robot that uses strings/winches to move.

Now with Deepworld.

I have a pretty good imagination, I could make up builds with a whole story behind them and then some. The thing is, once im done with the build, its mostly "Yeah, I built a spiffy factory, it does nothing". Sure I can make-do with the same items, they just don't have the functionalitys to make them fun to come back to. Kind of makes Deepworld just an Art Museum rather than a Sandbox. (Not that Art Museums are bad, I liked them.)
    The problem lies, I think, in the especially strong push to pumping out useless rare items that do nothing except make people upset and jealous.

Even in TF2 OR CS:GO, the rare weapons and hats serve a purpose. You can Still use these items beyond a showcase on your Steam profile.

Deepworld rares have no purpose other than to be stuck in either a shop, or a museum that nobody visits.