Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Certain bulbs require different biomes?

AwokenAwoken HellMember Posts: 12
edited December 2015 in Questions
I know i probably sound silly because I don't know how to grow certain bulbs but, how do you grow the ghost tree bulb and the cactus bulb? Also does the bonsai bulb require a certain biome to grow in? I have also heard that fertilizer helps but I cant for the life of me figure out how it is used. Help would be appreciated.

Comments

• LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Member Posts: 1,165
    The ghost tree bulb can only be grown in purified hell biomes, and the cactus flower bulb can only be grown in desert biomes. I'm pretty sure they will grow at the same rate as any other flower. I believe the bonsai bulb can only be grown in temperate biomes. Fertilizer can be used to grow flowers instantaneously. I think I was able to get it to work by placing it directly above the bulb you want to grow, and it will grow immediately. It's great to see someone who actually cares about horticulture! It seemed as though it was the least appreciated activity in Deepworld.
  • ipadsipads Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,995

The ghost tree bulb can only be grown in purified hell biomes, and the cactus flower bulb can only be grown in desert biomes. I'm pretty sure they will grow at the same rate as any other flower. I believe the bonsai bulb can only be grown in temperate biomes. Fertilizer can be used to grow flowers instantaneously. I think I was able to get it to work by placing it directly above the bulb you want to grow, and it will grow immediately. It's great to see someone who actually cares about horticulture! It seemed as though it was the least appreciated activity in Deepworld.

Oh no. I'm obsessed with the deepworld flowers. I have over 800 in my inventory all together. Ask @Everywhen ;D
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,081
    @ipads Loovvvveeeeees Flowers
    (starts singing)
    She loves flowers and will never let them go.
  • MillicentMillicent Millie Hills, Millie Ranch & Millie BellsMember, Arbiter Posts: 521
    Flowers in deepworld are the best thing ever!!!
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    All flowers can be grown in a temperate world with the exception of a ghost bulb, which requires a purified hell biome.
  • LorthrashLorthrash Member Posts: 616

All flowers can be grown in a temperate world with the exception of a ghost bulb, which requires a purified hell biome.

As well as cactus, required desert. One thing... I've been able to grow ghost in any hell... Purified or not it works for me...
  • CoolAsIceCoolAsIce Member Posts: 416
    cactus can be placed anywhere, but it won't grow except in desert
    Lorthrash said:

As well as cactus, required desert. One thing... I've been able to grow ghost in any hell... Purified or not it works for me...
    Last I tried, a cactus wouldn't grow in a purified desert but grew in a temperate. Guess i'll test this then.
  • AwokenAwoken HellMember Posts: 12
    Thank you guys! Finally I can grow these beautiful flowers!
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    Cactus bulbs need a desert biome.
    Ghost bulbs need a *hell biome.
    All other bulbs need a purified temperate biome.

When you have grown your plant, if you mine it with a spade, you have a small chance of reclaiming the bulb to grow another.

When placing a plant, always put a flower pot or compost down first. Otherwise the plant will die.

once placed on compost, it is possible to remove the compost by digging it with a shovel, and then mining it. The flower will not die. This allows you to make more creative homes for your flowers and plants.

*no such thing as a purified hell, so any hell will do.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453
    AMWhy said:

Cactus bulbs need a desert biome.
    Ghost bulbs need a *hell biome.
    All other bulbs need a purified temperate biome.

When you have grown your plant, if you mine it with a spade, you have a small chance of reclaiming the bulb to grow another.

When placing a plant, always put a flower pot or compost down first. Otherwise the plant will die.

once placed on compost, it is possible to remove the compost by digging it with a shovel, and then mining it. The flower will not die. This allows you to make more creative homes for your flowers and plants.

*no such thing as a purified hell, so any hell will do.

A purified hell is when all the inferno prod are removed.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,084
    I'm also wondering what EXACTLY the garden stat does. (Horticulture)
    p1nkbr0 said:

I'm also wondering what EXACTLY the garden stat does. (Horticulture)

Different bulbs require different levels of horticulture to be placed in their bulb form, thus horticulture skill.