Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Construction claw and lack of "best bomber" portion for iOS users.

derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,199Member
Recently purchased the construction for 750 crowns in hopes of being the best bomber in pvp only to have my dreams crushed with its performance. The bomb placing distance is the same with or without the claw. "Yes I tested before and after my purchase of the claw". My distance for placing building items is amazing and allows me to go from one side of the screen to the other without moving. Only bummer thing is I didn't purchase the claw for building.

I have asked around in game and all iOS users who purchased the claw say the same thing "bomb placing distance didn't increase but building distance did" why is this @mikelaurence @lisa ?

Here is the kicker, if you are a Windows/computer user the bomb placing distance is amazing with the construction claw.

Comments

• derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,199Member
    Not sure on versions, I started playing in April of this year. I really was looking forward to being the best bomber for 750 crowns. I do know that pc users who have the construction claw are able to place bombs and mines at or about 15 to 20 blocks away or more. On iOS I am able to place bombs and mines maybe 1 to 2 blocks away from me.

Thank you for your input @Sirentist
  • NewGenerationNewGeneration Singapore Posts: 268Member
    Dreams crushed...I guess they still need to work on other stuff first.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,084Member, Arbiter
    Sirentist said:

I would say you have a good argument for having the claw removed from your inventory and getting your crowns back. 750 crowns is a lot to spend specifically for a feature that is described but not implemented.

over $10. Like a lot a lot.
    Don't get me wrong, it's nice having the extra reach for building and placing regular items but not at 750 crowns. I really just want the extra placing distance for bombs super bad.

Please @mikelaurence extend my reach, ooooh and please release leg lamp? Hehe
    derpdee said:
    did you send an email? @lisa @mikelaurence
    p1nkbr0 said:

derpdee said:
    I did send an email followed by pm'ing both @mikelaurence and @lisa

I haven't received a reply yet. :(
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    derpdee said:

p1nkbr0 said:

derpdee said:

It is the week following the holidays. Also, the devs have full time jobs as well as deepworld and Lisa has two children to take care of. I'm sure they're going through their inboxes as fast as they can.

derpdee said:

p1nkbr0 said:

derpdee said:

It is the week following the holidays. Also, the devs have full time jobs as well as deepworld and Lisa has two children to take care of. I'm sure they're going through their inboxes as fast as they can.
    Email was sent about 3 maybe 4 weeks ago. Pm'd Lisa first about 2 weeks ago and mike 2 days ago.

Thanks for keeping my topic at the top...
  • NewGenerationNewGeneration Singapore Posts: 268Member
    derpdee said:

derpdee said:

p1nkbr0 said:

derpdee said:

Email was sent about 3 maybe 4 weeks ago. Pm'd Lisa first about 2 weeks ago and mike 2 days ago.

Thanks for keeping my topic at the top...
    Please do not spam the devs with requests to add/modify certain items...Just emailing them once(They will notice you ) and wait for a reply would be good enough since they have tons of stuff to do on hand. :blush:
  • muffinsploxmuffinsplox Posts: 58Member
    derpdee said:

Don't get me wrong, it's nice having the extra reach for building and placing regular items but not at 750 crowns. I really just want the extra placing distance for bombs super bad.

Please @mikelaurence extend my reach, ooooh and please release leg lamp? Hehe

I'd like to bomb like I do on the PC from my iOS devices as well. Oh yes.
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalacePosts: 6,453Member
    Bombs are annoying enough. I dont think they need an extension. I honestly dont see the point. Much less so if the purpose of the extension is to annoy players in pvp (though i will definetly find it funny for players to rage after dying from a bomb thinking they are safe in their cute lil bunkers).
  • DianeDiane Posts: 378Member
    True the description is misleading. But I like it that people have to get up close to set a bomb nearby. Seems only fair, especially if you have a decked out pvper who likes to pick on newbs. Also adds another layer of challenge to pvp.
    if you play on pc the claw works like it should.
    derpdee said:

you already said that in the first post, what does it have to do with the arguments people are making about why they prefer it not having extended reach for bombs? And anyway, the way I remember it is that it is the pc ability that is a mistake, not the other way round. In fact the pc should work like the way it does on iOS & macs. When the claw first came out you could place bombs really far away on mac/iOS and they purposefully took that ability away,but forgot to change the description. Then when they made the pc version they forgot to take the ability away. So actually on pc the claw is NOT working like it should.
    Diane said:

derpdee said:

you already said that in the first post, what does it have to do with the arguments people are making about why they prefer it not having extended reach for bombs? And anyway, the way I remember it is that it is the pc ability that is a mistake, not the other way round. In fact the pc should work like the way it does on iOS & macs. When the claw first came out you could place bombs really far away on mac/iOS and they purposefully took that ability away,but forgot to change the description. Then when they made the pc version they forgot to take the ability away. So actually on pc the claw is NOT working like it should.

Kool...

Would be nice if @lisa or @mikelaurence would chime in on the subject and clear up my confusion with the description. I purchased the claw just for its extra bomb reach/placement and it doesn't work as described.
    Regarding the PM you sent me, @derpdee, telling me to stay out of your threads and out of your life, I answer here instead of the PM: it is a public forum, and I comment on things that interest me or if the subject relates to my experience in the game., If you don't like what I say, it is okay if you just ignore it. Or if you only want to hear the responses of selected forum members, you should just make a group PM instead of putting a discussion on the public forum.
    edited December 2015
    or if you are just writing a discussion you only want to hear from the devs about, you should just send them email or a direct PM instead of a forum topic that everyone else can see & comment on

edit: sorry for double post my "and another thing" got away from me there lol
    @Diane my thread wasn't intended for comments about members not wanting the construction claw to have the extra reach or placement of bombs. It was and still is intended for members who are thinking about buying or who have purchased the claw only to have been duped by a misleading description.

At this point I am still in hopes of @lisa or @mikelaurence responding.
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalacePosts: 6,453Member
    I think its ok for people to tell their reasons why they dont want construction claws to have the bomb addition.

You wanted it to be added on all platforms, while some people dont. As far as i know, construction claws are not supposed to have a bomb reach feature. The idea is scrapped (again, from what i know). Therefore, the thread can be said to open to statements and reasons why the bomb reach can or cant be added to all platforms.

The devs or admins can hopefully shed some light on this.

(I am really disturbed about the pm thing that you have sent to Diane. I am in no place for snooping, but the pm you sent her sounded mean. Just saying. Now lets post more reasons about why or why not bomb reach should be added for we are getting off the subject.)
    Lyven said:

I think its ok for people to tell their reasons why they dont want construction claws to have the bomb addition.

You wanted it to be added on all platforms, while some people dont. As far as i know, construction claws are not supposed to have a bomb reach feature. The idea is scrapped (again, from what i know). Therefore, the thread can be said to open to statements and reasons why the bomb reach can or cant be added to all platforms.

The devs or admins can hopefully shed some light on this.

(I am really disturbed about the pm thing that you have sent to Diane. I am in no place for snooping, but the pm you sent her sounded mean. Just saying. Now lets post more reasons about why or why not bomb reach should be added for we are getting off the subject.)

I got the same pm and almost literally sent back the same thing Diane sent back to him. But hey, it's a public forums, I can comment on whatever I so please.
  • zombiecatcherzombiecatcher Being an edgy kidPosts: 716Member
    Just remove bomb placing far away from PC, done bam replace description for construction claw bam refund @derpdee bam. And take away his lollipop. >:)
    No email or pm response so back up to the main page @mikelaurence @lisa
    You asked multiple time through multiple methods even if it resulted in you being off-topic. If the devs had anything to say about the construction claw then they would've said something by now. It's obviously working as intended since they aren't responding to you.
    It clearly says placing of items and bombs will be extended. I am able to place items further but not bombs. I bought the claw for the extra bomb placing reach and it doesn't do it as advertised. I payed real money for it. I at this point would be happy in receiving half of my crowns back for an item that only works half the way it should. @lisa @mikelaurence
    image.png
    2048 x 1536 - 3M
    Oh yes, you can bet your butt I'm going to be spamming bombs inside their stupid little bunkers!!!! This is fantastic!!!