Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Preparing for the Winter, Deepworld Style!

LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Posts: 1,165Member
The winter is approaching in the northern hemisphere, so preparation is needed immediately! The question is, how do you look fashionable while showing off your favorite game? With the panda hat, of course!

The winter panda hat is very inexpensive to make. I will briefly give directions on how too make it with any hat (and not ruin it!) if it appeals to you:
1. Get a hat, two black pom poms about three cm diameter, four ~2.5 cm magnets, and a piece of fabric any color
2. Make a rectangular strip of fabric about 15 x 5 cm. Glue down a magnet in two adjacent corners on the long side
3. Fold the fabric over onto itself so that the magnets are covered, and glue it so you have a strip
4. Get the other magnets and find the sides that don't attract to each magnet. Glue pom poms onto each of those sides. You may want to cover the magnets with fabric first, but it's not necessary
5. Put the strip on the inside of the hat, and put the ears on the outside so that the magnets attract through the hat. Yay! You're done!

P.S. If you love the winter style, you should check out the year-round style I originally made at http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/18726/the-panda-hat#latest

Comments

• BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Posts: 3,673Member
    Ohh! I'm gonna try this, just need to find a white hat...
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamPosts: 2,251Member
    edited January 2016
    This is adorable! I'm confused though, what are the magnets for?

Edit: nvm I figured it out. It's so the ears are detachable! That's a really awesome idea
  • Cpt_FluffyBottomCpt_FluffyBottom At the foot of your bedPosts: 705Member
    That's cool, I bet you could use other ears too.
  • Lexus1Lexus1 North Carolina Posts: 404Member
    KittyKupo said:

This is adorable! I'm confused though, what are the magnets for?

Edit: nvm I figured it out. It's so the ears are detachable! That's a really awesome idea

I was thinking the same thing KittyK. I thought perhaps they were radar for aliens.
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Posts: 1,165Member

That's cool, I bet you could use other ears too.

This is true! I have seven other colors, and I have my friends pick out combinations for me to wear everyday. And I was just thinking the other day that you can make other animals, too, like a cat (perhaps with pointy white ears)!
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamPosts: 2,251Member
    That is such a good idea! It would be so easy to make all kinds of ears and just stick them on. That's a really, really cute idea
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Posts: 951Member
    This'll be easier for me, my younger brother has a hat thats all fuzzy and white with two straps so all I gotta do is dye the ears on the hat black.