Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Is It Just Me, Because I Personaly Like The Old Art Style For DeepWorld Way Better

bean17magicbean17magic Earth. COME AT ME ALIENS!Member Posts: 293
Am i the only one who liked the old art style for DeepWorld way better? I don't know why i do, i just do, i feel that it was just...better.

Comments

• Shadow711Shadow711 I’m in a rather dark place, if you haven’t guessed by now.Member Posts: 882
    I liked it too, but it has been so long with the new style now, that I've stuck to it. But otherwise, I'm a control freak that hates big changes...soooooo....yeah.
  • ZelsZels Just chilling, in Cedar Rapids.Member Posts: 129
    It was very nice, but sadly.. it's not coming back. The developer with the textures went to find a new job so our current devs cannot code it. I assume they weren't going back to it anyway. But like @Shadow711 said, it has felt like so long with these new textures I've gotten used to it.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 I’m in a rather dark place, if you haven’t guessed by now.Member Posts: 882
    Zels said:

It was very nice, but sadly.. it's not coming back. The developer with the textures went to find a new job so our current devs cannot code it. I assume they weren't going back to it anyway. But like @Shadow711 said, it has felt like so long with these new textures I've gotten used to it.

Yep. Maybe they can make another texture pack that satisfies all the people... But like Katy Perry says in Dark Horse, "There's no goin' back.".
    Shadow711 said:

Zels said:

Yep. Maybe they can make another texture pack that satisfies all the people... But like Katy Perry says in Dark Horse, "There's no goin' back.".
    Yeah, I'd rather just stick with current textures.

Eh, but Deepworld is a steampunk game. Today's texture pack on Deepworld isn't really that "steampunkish" to me. I say that when the devs have that scarce thing to them called time, that could maybe make the texture more steampunkish.
    Shadow711 said:

Eh, but Deepworld is a steampunk game. Today's texture pack on Deepworld isn't really that "steampunkish" to me. I say that when the devs have that scarce thing to them called time, that could maybe make the texture more steampunkish.

You're correct.

I'm happy that you agree.
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,255
    Why Do You Talk With Capitals On Every Word

Who are you talking to..?
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,255
    edited January 2016
    Zels said:

@bean17magic , in the title

• p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,084
    I liked the old style better than the "preview" of the new style. I like the new-new-new style better than the old style. (Some of the UI still looks a tad outdated, though)
    CUZ HE CAN. I don't know.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,084
    Shadow711 said:

You should have seen them before...

http://blog.deepworldgame.com/post/75622514818/deepworld-20-a-new-aesthetic
    edited January 2016
    p1nkbr0 said:

Shadow711 said:

You don't know how long I've been a deepworlder... I know what the old texture pack was. I remember that day, I log on and everything looks so...Idiotic. But it's fine now that I stick to it now.
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,641
    Shadow711 said:

p1nkbr0 said:

Shadow711 said:

You don't know how long I've been a deepworlder... I know what the old texture pack was. I remember that day, I log on and everything looks so...Idiotic. But it's fine now that I stick to it now.
    Oh, no. Actually click on the link.
  • jtone55jtone55 Member Posts: 10
    I agree with going back to the old style. Now even though I'm used to the new style and would take a while to get used to the old one again, I know I would like the old one way better
  • bean17magicbean17magic Earth. COME AT ME ALIENS!Member Posts: 293

Zels said:

@bean17magic , in the title

Because i can! :P
    PIPTR0 said:

Shadow711 said:

p1nkbr0 said:

Shadow711 said:

Oh, no. Actually click on the link.
    *reads ALL of the link* OH. Well,I'm just a idiot...No suprise there.
  • sslrgamingsslrgaming On Mars! Thx @BlackoutMember Posts: 72
    Don't know, The new graphics are kind of better, thanks @mikelaurence
  • VengeVenge Not from Earth, I think...Member Posts: 440
    For me... Yes the old style is better, because the maws in the new style is too dark to see in hell biome. That's the only reason why...
  • William2William2 Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,379
    I hated the new art style, but hey-I've come to appreciate it.

I still think Deepworld looks steampunkish. I mean, the textures didn't really change anything, they just made it more life-like and I really think that it's better.