Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

New Year's DDoS a Blessing in Disguise

p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,058
Perhaps it was for the best that Deepworld's hosting company was DDoSed. Why would I say something so obscene?? Well, because that means we shouldn't have to worry about this anymore. Deepworld will now have more reliable, and safer connections than last year. Instead of going down more than a few times, a year, HOPEFULLY, we'll be up and running without uncontrollable interruptions at all!

Give @mikelaurence and the crew some time. It's going to be a better year than before!!! :)

Comments

• Dr_DerpDr_Derp tejasMember Posts: 780
    -Gets DDoS attacked-
    -Switches host provider-
    -DDoS attackers attack new host provider-
  • SpyroSpyro Dumb enough to tryMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,691
    Deepworld DDoS was an inside job!
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,058
    Dr_Derp said:

-Gets DDoS attacked-
    -Switches host provider-
    -DDoS attackers attack new host provider-

Hosting providers have different protections and safe-guards put in place to help alleviate DDoS attacks. We don't know if the DDoS attacks are directly related to deepworld or somebody else targeting the provider for other reasons. The current one just isn't prepared for large attacks like we've seen throughout the year, and, hopefully, the new one will be better at handling it.

Plus, this experience will better prepare ByteBin in the event that it happens in the future. :)
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453
    Bush did 2016 DDoS!
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361

You're not wrong @p1nkbr0. We've been annoyed with our current provider for a while, I guess this is a good push to make it happen. We're moving to Amazon, which does still have occasional outages, but I've never heard of them getting successfully DDoS'ed because they own like half the internet.

I love Amazon!!!!!!!! I love shopping there!
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,058

You're not wrong @p1nkbr0. We've been annoyed with our current provider for a while, I guess this is a good push to make it happen. We're moving to Amazon, which does still have occasional outages, but I've never heard of them getting successfully DDoS'ed because they own like half the internet.

I love Amazon!!!!!!!! I love shopping there!
    Can't beat free 2-hour shipping!

Yeah. You ever take a look at their gigantic list of affiliates??
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,255
    Let's all buy crowns from amazon now