Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Original format.

Now I might me among the few with this opinion, but if im not then speak up. I've gotten used to the (not so) nee format if deepworld, with the new character looks, the more realistic 3D character look and item look, but I really miss the original style and format of deepworld. For one the characters weren't fat. I mean these characters look like they live off of Mcdonalds or something. The face wear items weren't too big. Like the glasses take up 95% percent of the characters face. I mean I guess the rest of the face wear items aren't too big but whatever. Another big problem is the headwear items. They go way over the front and back of the head. The old headwear item actually fit and were much cooler. The style color look and everything. Now this part might not get a lot of agreements but I also think the weapons and steampacks look cooler. The whole game looked cooler, the clothe, weapons, steampacks, accesories, environment and more. Im not asking to redesign to look like the old format, but to just use the design that you people probably still have downloaded on a file somewhere. But if you don't have that file or something, than redesign it the best you can to revert back to the old format.

Comments

  • AetherAether Knocking on the door of the Ban Hammer FactoryMember Posts: 1,801
    There have been so many people posting about this lately. Look @jtone55 I started the game back in v1, but I enjoy v2 just as much as I enjoyed v1. Why you ask? because regardless of the art style I still get to enjoy spending time with my friends. I don't know if Deepworld friendships are as important to the newer generation of deepworlders, but I will never forget the friends I've made in this game. I love them to much to forget them, they are such amazing people with amazing personalities. That is the reason why I think that the art style doesn't matter. I'm not attacking you by the way, just thought that this needed to be said. (also the icecream hat fits great :3)
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077
    There have been a lot of discussions asking about this but the general verdict is that old graphics won't come back.

    It was mainly to do with how difficult it was to produce the art style. As well as new artists n
  • jtone55jtone55 Member Posts: 10
    @Aether I have also been playing since v1. And agree with the friendship thing. There are people I know since I first got the game and miss them because I haven't seen ir heard of any account activity from them. But there are some I currently have friendships with. Although the enjoyment and friendships in the game are more important. I feel as if the old style is just more comforting and brings back memories of the original deepworld days. Also it is more steampunkish, like the game says it is supposed to be.
  • AetherAether Knocking on the door of the Ban Hammer FactoryMember Posts: 1,801
    jtone55 said:

    @Aether I have also been playing since v1. And agree with the friendship thing. There are people I know since I first got the game and miss them because I haven't seen ir heard of any account activity from them. But there are some I currently have friendships with. Although the enjoyment and friendships in the game are more important. I feel as if the old style is just more comforting and brings back memories of the original deepworld days. Also it is more steampunkish, like the game says it is supposed to be.

    I think the steampunkitude is perfectly fine, but regardless of opinions v1 will never return @jtone55
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077
    Maybe we should just wait till after the graphics bugs are resolved...
    Some items still don't display and it might change the look
  • jtone55jtone55 Member Posts: 10
    Aether said:

    jtone55 said:

    @Aether I have also been playing since v1. And agree with the friendship thing. There are people I know since I first got the game and miss them because I haven't seen ir heard of any account activity from them. But there are some I currently have friendships with. Although the enjoyment and friendships in the game are more important. I feel as if the old style is just more comforting and brings back memories of the original deepworld days. Also it is more steampunkish, like the game says it is supposed to be.

    I think the steampunkitude is perfectly fine, but regardless of opinions v1 will never return @jtone55
    I really hope thats not true
  • AetherAether Knocking on the door of the Ban Hammer FactoryMember Posts: 1,801
    jtone55 said:

    Aether said:

    jtone55 said:

    @Aether I have also been playing since v1. And agree with the friendship thing. There are people I know since I first got the game and miss them because I haven't seen ir heard of any account activity from them. But there are some I currently have friendships with. Although the enjoyment and friendships in the game are more important. I feel as if the old style is just more comforting and brings back memories of the original deepworld days. Also it is more steampunkish, like the game says it is supposed to be.

    I think the steampunkitude is perfectly fine, but regardless of opinions v1 will never return @jtone55
    I really hope thats not true
    Sorry, but it really is.

  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 694
    Sirentist said:

    It's very curious to see so many forumers lately who are either brand new or have never said a word before suddenly appear solely to attempt to revive debate about the graphics. A cynical person might think there were some alty shenanigans going on.

    Amazing how many people who've been playing for ages all of a sudden deciding to join the forums within the same month and repeat the same old complaints.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 I’m in a rather dark place, if you haven’t guessed by now.Member Posts: 882
    Uhh...that "books for dummies" looking admin just sent me this on a discussion. If you look around on this link, it shows the NEW texture pack!

    http://blog.deepworldgame.com/post/75622514818/deepworld-20-a-new-aesthetic
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077
    Shadow711 said:

    Uhh...that "books for dummies" looking admin just sent me this on a discussion. If you look around on this link, it shows the NEW texture pack!

    http://blog.deepworldgame.com/post/75622514818/deepworld-20-a-new-aesthetic

    @p1nkbr0 giggle. We aint admins. Just helpers. Nothing special
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,084
    Shadow711 said:

    Uhh...that "books for dummies" looking admin just sent me this on a discussion. If you look around on this link, it shows the NEW texture pack!

    http://blog.deepworldgame.com/post/75622514818/deepworld-20-a-new-aesthetic

    New, well, that was the old "previews" of the current style.
Sign In or Register to comment.