Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Karma Friendly Referrals

William2William2 Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,379
edited January 2016 in General
So, I have a couple ideas for this. Sometimes, when I'm helping a friend mine one of his buildings, and he follows me, I STILL get karma, or when you go to mine some spam buildings or something that someone took their protector off of and they just get decayed, and I get karma. I'm sure we all know the feels, trying to do a nice deed and having it ruined by karma. Well, I thought of a system to remove karma. Basically, you ask the owner of the protector to give you a friendly karma referral, and the karma goes away!

Okay, idea number two: positive reports. These are basically things that say you've been doing good things in Deepworld. Say, you're caught donating to new players and helping them out. Such a hideous-Er, amazing thing to do, right? Well, someone in that world that saw you do it could report you for the good deed, give an example of the deed, and submit it. It could either be used to take away karma, or maybe even different levels could earn you prizes. You'd have to be level 10+ to be able to positive report/refer people, as to discourage misuse of the system.
Example:
1 Report= 1000 wood. 2= 1000 stone. (Builds up the rarity of materials 3-5) 10 Reports= Blue crystal. 30 Reports= Diamond. And so on, basically it goes 1,2,3,4,5,10,20,30, etc.

Leave your ideas and constructive criticism below!
Post edited by William2 on

Comments

• EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077
    I like this. Although, maybe make it so to give a referral you have to be level 10, or something easy enough to get that people will be able to give referrals, but high enough so people won't just create a ton of alt accounts and refer themselves.

But yeah, karma is a two way street. :D
  • tzertzer Member Posts: 180
    I just said that called it future seeing
  • BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Member Posts: 2,314
    Players can use alternate accounts and spam them on accounts that didn't do a "good" deed
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077

Players can use alternate accounts and spam them on accounts that didn't do a "good" deed

Yeah, that's why I suggested lv10+. Although iron crow could work too, but I think reporting demonstrated that too many players think that isn't a good representation of "Playing the game"
  • William2William2 Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,379
    I agree, what if I'm donating to a newbie, and they want to refer me, but they don't have a crow? I agree with lvl 10+, so people couldn't just spam alts and get crazy referals.
  • CraftworkCraftwork Somewhere where I'm diving in a ocean of jelly while being chased by gummy bearsMember Posts: 37
    William2 said:

So, I have a couple ideas for this. Sometimes, when I'm helping a friend mine one of his buildings, and he follows me, I STILL get karma, or when you go to mine some spam buildings or something that someone took their protector off of and they just get decayed, and I get karma. I'm sure we all know the feels, trying to do a nice deed and having it ruined by karma. Well, I thought of a system to remove karma. Basically, you ask the owner of the protector to give you a friendly karma referral, and the karma goes away!

Okay, idea number two: positive reports. These are basically things that say you've been doing good things in Deepworld. Say, you're caught donating to new players and helping them out. Such a hideous-Er, amazing thing to do, right? Well, someone in that world that saw you do it could report you for the good deed, give an example of the deed, and submit it. It could either be used to take away karma, or maybe even different levels could earn you prizes. You'd have to be level 10+ to be able to positive report/refer people, as to discourage misuse of the system.
    Example:
    1 Report= 1000 wood. 2= 1000 stone. (Builds up the rarity of materials 3-5) 10 Reports= Blue crystal. 30 Reports= Diamond. And so on, basically it goes 1,2,3,4,5,10,20,30, etc.

Leave your ideas and constructive criticism below!

I feel like you could bribe players to give you reports. It's a great idea! But it's just my own opinion. I'm not saying that it's bad.