Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Old Unexplored Private Worlds, should it now be for public?

VengeVenge Not from Earth, I think...Member Posts: 440
In my pass visit last December of searching "unexplored", I've stumble into many, yes many, old private unexplored worlds.

How come they are old?
The center square area is base 10, but it's even, and not odd.
Meaning... The unexplored center area for old words are 20W, 0M, 20E. While new unexplored center are 10W, 10E.

Back to the question, should this worlds be turned on to the public?

Comments

• Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Member Posts: 237
    What are the names of these worlds?
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member, Arbiter Posts: 704
    edited January 2016
    I'd say no. Simply because you never know what plans the person has. For instance, maybe they bought a bunch of worlds and started focusing on the other worlds and building them and leaving that one for a rainy day. Maybe they decided to take a long hiatus from deepworld, and will one day return to the game.
    If that was me, I'd hate to come back to a game and see that a world that I bought with money or earned crowns, rightfully mine, was turned into a public world and defaced by people dismantling it for materials.

A better solution would be to take out private worlds from the unexplored tab.
  • tzertzer Member Posts: 180
    I think so after all people jsut go hey don't do that and then they /wremove u and then they leave that world in the dust for 1000 years until it's time has come to awaken and we shall take the land that it has given
  • VengeVenge Not from Earth, I think...Member Posts: 440
    Sir_Athur said:

What are the names of these worlds?

Can't tell, but you'll find this world kinda distracting. Very distracting, actually.

A better solution would be to take out private worlds from the unexplored tab.

Yeah, that is more of the solution. Because its very distracting to see a private world which is unexplored.
    tzer said:

I think so after all people jsut go hey don't do that and then they /wremove u and then they leave that world in the dust for 1000 years until it's time has come to awaken and we shall take the land that it has given

Well, that's your opinion. I'll take it to account.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077
    I have a world close to 2 years of age thats like 10% explored. Id rather not lose it
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,857
    Venge said:

In my pass visit last December of searching "unexplored", I've stumble into many, yes many, old private unexplored worlds.

How come they are old?
    Meaning... The unexplored center area for old words are 20W, 0M, 20E. While new unexplored center are 10W, 10E.

If you were able to visit those worlds, then they have already been turned on to the public.

If you mean that you think those worlds should be unprotected so you can have whatever you saw in them, then I have to say I strongly disagree. Just because a world is old and seems abandoned doesn't mean it should become public property. I have a world from 2012 that remains 0% explored for historical preservation reasons. I've never even visited it. I'd be completely ripshit if it suddenly were made public due to low exploration rate and lack of activity.

I agree that protected worlds shouldn't appear in the unexplored tab, though.

Also, side note: the differences in the numbers is probably related to the fact that old worlds were different sizes than the worlds we have now.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453
    Sirentist said:

Venge said:

How come they are old?

If you were able to visit those worlds, then they have already been turned on to the public.

If you mean that you think those worlds should be unprotected so you can have whatever you saw in them, then I have to say I strongly disagree. Just because a world is old and seems abandoned doesn't mean it should become public property. I have a world from 2012 that remains 0% explored for historical preservation reasons. I've never even visited it. I'd be completely ripshit if it suddenly were made public due to low exploration rate and lack of activity.

I agree that protected worlds shouldn't appear in the unexplored tab, though.

Also, side note: the differences in the numbers is probably related to the fact that old worlds were different sizes than the worlds we have now.
    On the topic of things appearing in the world search stuff, can we please have a search bar for private worlds we're added to? I'm added to like a ton that I was randomly added to and I have to click the members tab like for 20 minutes to find the world I was going to build in...