Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forumer Guide

CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member
edited January 2016 in General
I've noticed the influx of new forumers and wanted to give them these rules of thumb and guide to being a great forumer.
Totally not because I have nothing better to do.

If you haven't read the forum guide line and terms of service, you should've. It's all common sense really. This guide will go over things not to do but aren't exactly a rule or in the terms of service. It will also go over things to improve your comments and post.

Don't

Grave-Dig
Don't comment on old threads with irrelevant information. Grave digging is ok and fine as long as the information is relevant. Examples are adding on to a thread that's already done, adding to a thread that's over, etc.

Spam
Well, ofcourse. If you can keep all the information that needs to be said in one post, please do it. To edit a post, tap the top right icon of any or your post.

Name Call
This is in the guideline and still needs to be said. Naming a player in a negative fashion is now allowed, this means mud-slinging, not criticism.

On-Topic
Don't post " hey fellow human being, blah blah blah not relevant to the thread ". If you wish to speak to one person on a more private matter, use private messages or a post to their wall. This should be self-explainatory.

Quotes
No one calls others out on this but it should be a thought. Sometimes you just don't need to quote a HUGE post. Examples are commenting on this thread and quoting this huge pile of text and html.

I agree!
Don't comment with just " lol " or " I agree ".. There are buttons.. That say.. Like.. Or agree..

Don't use the banned picture
Forumers would like to know who a banned forumer is by their profile picture and not have trolls wear it.

HTML, aka that fancy way to change text

Here are all the tags you can use within the forum to change text. This is all meant to make your post CLEARER, don't over-use html.

This text is bold!
Bold
This text is italicized!
Italics
This text is underlined!
Underline
This text is small and grey!
Small
This text has a dash!
Strike
This text is large and bold! you can change the size of text from h1 to h3

Heading

Creates a line
Video URL here!
image This is what you use for .gif since a .gif is a image file.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This text takes you to a different webpage! aka, a hyperlink

Fun facts

• HTML doesn't work in the comment section of post on walls.
• A promote is a special type of " like " given by admins.
• When you see a banned account, " tied to the mast " means that the person asked to be banned. "
• Private messages don't have a charector limit.
• Polls can be created by tapping the down arrow next to the " new discussion " button.
• Typing @[Forumer] will notify the mentioned forumer to your post and will create a hyperlink to their profile picture.
Post edited by CloudxCloud on

Comments

• LexiLexi EastPosts: 269Member

Nice Thread Cloud!

• HazmanaHazmana At The Krusty KrabPosts: 548Member
    Thank you very much @CloudxCloud !
    I finally know how to do this and that ( bolding etc ) hue hur
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Posts: 706Member, Arbiter
    Aha, so that's how you get the funny looking text!
    Thank you for putting the coding there since I was too lazy to find a guide
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,382Member, Arbiter
    C-c-c-combo breaker? Maybe? Bold and small and italic and underlined?

Thanks for all that code! And I'm sure your forums guide will come in handy!
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member
    I'm glad that you guys ( and girls ) found it handy, you're welcome ^_^
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activePosts: 501Member
    edited January 2016
    this thread is very good to help out new forumers!

Edit: It doesn't work to change the size on phone?
    never mind
  • lilroller717lilroller717 Under mapping on Ark.Posts: 1,563Member
    Let's test this...
    This text is small and grey!
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,126Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Fun fact, I'm pretty sure they do have a limit, as I swear I've hit it before. However this was only after trying to post a few chapters of a fan fiction
    Everywhen said:

Fun fact, I'm pretty sure they do have a limit, as I swear I've hit it before. However this was only after trying to post a few chapters of a fan fiction

Oh, woops. Meant to type private messages.
    edited January 2016
    Here's a guide of somethings to know when foruming.

I'd be nice if forumers who see another new forumer send this little guide their way. Copy and paste the code and it'll create a hyperlink to this thread.

Edit: Thanks @jellysnake ! Didn't know that.
    Post edited by CloudxCloud on
  • jellysnakejellysnake http://jellysnake.net/Posts: 6,329Member

Here's a guide of somethings to know when foruming.

I'd be nice if forumers who see another new forumer send this little guide their way. Copy and paste the code and it'll create a hyperlink to this thread.
    Your URL contains '#latest' at the end. This means it will go to the latest post in the thread (that you have not seen). A better URL would be:
    "http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/23480/forumer-guide"
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    Also, to note. YouTube videos DO NOT require a "video" tag to display. Simply copypasta the URL and the website will do the rest. Same for SoundCloud integration.
  • LorthrashLorthrash Posts: 616Member
    Thanks cloud, I could barely get a grasp on the photo HTML, now I know the other ones :smiley:
    Bump