Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Year of Trivia: A year full of interesting facts!

Comments

• KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamPosts: 2,251Member
    AMWhy said:

-White wine can be made from red grapes. the colour comes from the skin, not the flesh of the fruit.

This one surprised me. I always assumed white wine was made from green grapes and red wine was made from red grapes!

• CoolAsIceCoolAsIce Posts: 416Member
    -Milk Cartons can be used to contain milk.
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Posts: 1,337Member
    MY TURN!!!
    1.)DID YOU KNOW THAT A CHINESE EMPEROR NAMED QIN SHIH HUANG WAS SO OBSESSED WITH EVERLASTING LIFE THAT HE DID EVERYTHING FROM EATING LOADS OF WEIRD FOOD AND MOST NOTABLY, HE DIED WHEN HE DRANK MERCURY THINKING IT COULD EXTEND HIS LIFE...(oh the IRONy)

2.)THE MORE YOU BURP THE LESS YOU FART

3.)HARVESTING WINE USING MACHINES IS A VERY GROSS THING...IT TAKES TIME TO GROW GRAPES,MEANING TO SAY, SOME CRITTERS WILL LIVE NEAR THE FARM/PLANTATION.WHEN HARVESTING TIME COMES, THE GRAPES ALONG WITH THE CRITTERS, ARE HARVESTED AND CRUSHED. DURING THIS PROCESS, THE WINE IS DELICIOUSLY EXTRACTED ALONG WITH THE ENTRAILS AND JUICES OF THE CRITTER. YUM! (IT IS ACTUALLY KNOWN BY THE FARMERS AND IS CALLED M.O.Gs/MATERIALS OTHER THAN GRAPES)

4.)an average brain has an estimated to have a capacity to store 10 terabytes to 1000 terabytes of information(but i still cant make it work for math)

5.)if you farted continously for 2 months, you would have enough energy to make an atomic bomb

6.)eating chocolate releases the same hormones you get when falling in love

7.)nothing lasts forever :(

8.)a severe emotional trauma could lead to your heart strings(tendons inside the heart) being broken, resulting to an illness called broken heart syndrome

9.)you cant humm while pinching your nose

10.) its ALMOST impossible to sneeze with your eyes open....but if you tried, congrats.

11.)you cant breath with your tongue out

12.)i bet that you tried fact no.11 and didnt notice you looked like a panting dog

13.)there is a congenital condition where a person would have 2 genitals. it can be both male, both female or mixed( i think they're called hemaphroditics)

14.)rhotacism is the inability to speak the letter R. therefore, people with this disability could not pronounce their own disability...

15.)the faster your speed is, the slower the time gets.

16.)the farther you are away from a source of gravity, the faster time gets

17.)gravity bends light

18.)when people tell you that bill gates is just a drop out, ALWAYS REMEMBER HE DROPPED OUT OF HARVARD

19.)sneezing kills a few brain cells

20.) You can't see as many colors as a chicken. You'll also never see all the beautiful colors of a rainbow

21.)researchers once tested a man's belly button and discovered different kinds of new bacteria! he even had a bacteria that is only found in japan, though he did'nt even go there!!

enjoy! more facts to come!!!

• RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Posts: 1,337Member
    limmerence is the feeling you get when you have a crush on someone for a really long time
    when you download a movie in jamaica.....you will be called a "Pirate" of the carribean
    if you successfuly hack google, they will give you a million dollar$$$$$
  • Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Posts: 237Member
    Jesus name was originally not Jesus and he was not Mexican. Funny but true
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,084Member, Arbiter
    -If you're travelling in a car at 70mph while sneezing, you would have travelled for roughly 30ft with your eyes closed, depending on the person. (need to check the math on this one)
    In Germany they're building what's known as a -bicycle autobahn. Basically, a projected 100km bike road free of cars. They have 5km complete so far.
    -Mythbusters is in their last season
    -Game boy's are incredibly tough. One even survived a bomb in the gulf war. Look up the "Gulf war Gameboy"
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,379Member, Arbiter
    edited January 2016
    -Mythbusters is in their last season

WHAT?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?

The Idaho potato is not actually from Idaho.

The Big Mac was invented in the town where I used to live in Uniontown, Pennsylvania. Sadly, the McDonalds was torn down and replaced with a Family Video before I was even born.
    edited January 2016
    William2 said:

Mythbusters is in their last season

Yes. I'm almost sweating through my eyeballs thinking about it. :(

Edit: This isn't even worth the effort to fix correctly.
    Post edited by p1nkbr0 on
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,439Member, Arbiter
    Einstein's brain was cut out after he died, to see if his brain was different then others. However, his brain got stolen. He decided to cut it into pieces and sell the parts.

• William2William2 Posts: 3,379Member, Arbiter
    Napoleon's penis was cut off during the autopsy and sold at an auction, where a man bought it and hid it under his bed until he died, when his daughter inherited it and sold it for $100,000.

The first lady of the White House once served oyster ice cream in the 1930s and it became the most popular ice cream of the time.
    edited January 2016
    Women and men share an incredible amount of biological differences aside from the obvious (and private) external features and chromosomes:

-Women have larger pelvises than men which are presumably intended to support the weight of the person and the child during pregnancy. Men have much smaller pelvises which cause their legs to spread outward naturally. (think "#manspreading")
    -The general makeup of women's skeletal structure is also slightly different, especially their faces. Scientists are able to tell female skeletons from male skeletons by the structure of the skull, pelvis (obviously), and other parts of the body.
    -It's true, women also think differently than men. The brain in women generally behaves slightly different and "lights up" in different way partially due to female hormones, but also due to minute differences in DNA
    -The skin of women and men, including hair follicles, oils not influenced by makeup, and texture also differ. Men generally tend to have more oily skin, and thicker hair follicles than women.
    -Men almost always have broader shoulders than men. A kind of flip-flop in comparison to their pelvises.
    -Men are also generally taller, and more muscular (I'm still laughing at that one), than women, but aren't as intuitive with their brains. Women are the brains, men are the brawn, so-to-speak.
    -It's a proven scientific fact that women usually like wild, rowdy, and outgoing guys over quiet and reserved men.

-The Agency that controls the New York City Subway system spent over 200,000USD on an advertising campaign to stop "manspreading," an act that is literally nearly impossible for men to do for extended periods of time. (I'm talking a couple minutes. It's downright uncomfortable)
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    AMWhy said:

-In Korea and China, the number 4 is considered unlucky because in hanja, the word '4' (sa) is the same as the word 'dead'.
    -In Korea and China, you should never write a persons name in red ink, as only the names of dead people are written in red.
    -Tomato is a fruit, but we eat it as a vegetable. In Korea, many people believe that tomato is a vegetable, even though they eat it as a fruit.
    -There is a very serious discussion about bananas that suggests they are herbs, not fruit.
    -The square root of 6 is 2.449489742783... This is meaningless, but still a fact.
    -Any number multiplied by 9 will also sum to 9. For example, 9x23 = 207. 2+0+7 = 9.
    -There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
    -A common food in Peru is Cuy, which is actually a Guinea Pig. It is served whole with teeth still visible so you can tell it is not a cat. It tastes like oily chicken wings. I wouldn't recommend it.
    -The Korean word for belly pork is samgyupsal. This translates as 3 layered fat.
    -White wine can be made from red grapes. the colour comes from the skin, not the flesh of the fruit.

9x11 is 99 which is 18...
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalacePosts: 6,453Member
    AMWhy said:

-In Korea and China, the number 4 is considered unlucky because in hanja, the word '4' (sa) is the same as the word 'dead'.
    -In Korea and China, you should never write a persons name in red ink, as only the names of dead people are written in red.
    -Tomato is a fruit, but we eat it as a vegetable. In Korea, many people believe that tomato is a vegetable, even though they eat it as a fruit.
    -There is a very serious discussion about bananas that suggests they are herbs, not fruit.
    -The square root of 6 is 2.449489742783... This is meaningless, but still a fact.
    -Any number multiplied by 9 will also sum to 9. For example, 9x23 = 207. 2+0+7 = 9.
    9*11=99=9+9=18
    -There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
    -A common food in Peru is Cuy, which is actually a Guinea Pig. It is served whole with teeth still visible so you can tell it is not a cat. It tastes like oily chicken wings. I wouldn't recommend it.
    -The Korean word for belly pork is samgyupsal. This translates as 3 layered fat.

• AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,204Member, Arbiter
    edited January 2016

AMWhy said:

9x11 is 99 which is 18...
    :smile: I was waiting for this! 18 is 1 and 8, so... Add them!
    another fact...
    did you know that a wombat has a cube shaped poop
  • AetherAether Knocking on the door of the Ban Hammer FactoryPosts: 1,801Member
    Fact:
    -I'm not good at facting
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamPosts: 2,251Member

another fact...

How the hell do they even do that? o.o
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,439Member, Arbiter
    KittyKupo said:

another fact...

I don't want to know....
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    @AMWhy oh you have to keep adding them? It wasn't clear to me sorry.
    - There is a theory that Dinosaurs were sucked into the future, this is a meaningless fact though.
    - 9 x 1/3 is 3, @AMWhy
    -The sun has existed for about 5 billion years and it is said it will live for another 5 billion years if we don't destroy it before that.
    - The ozone layer is actually 3 millimeters (0.3 centimeters) in length, but the low pressure pulls the molecules away.
    - The universe has more black than white #LolRekt4Ever
    - The "MLG" youtube trend supports violence, drugs, and racism.
    Now answer these trivial questions:
    Which stars are hotter and which stars are colder?
    A- Blue stars
    B- Red stars
    C- Yellow stars

When have dinosaurs approximately gone extinct?
    A- 65 billion years ago
    B- 225 million years ago
    C- 66 million years ago

How often do bats poop?
    A- Every 1 hour
    B- Every 15 minutes
    C- Every 5 minutes

When was the Dodo Bird extinct?
    A- The 17th century (1601-1700)
    B- The 18th century (1701-1800)
    C- the 16th century (1501-1600)
    D- The 19th century (1801-1900)

When molten, pennies are worth
    A- More
    B- Less
    C- Approximately the same
    D- Exactly the same

Deepworld started in...
    A- 2010
    B- 2011
    C- 2012
    D- 2013
    E- 2014

How many trivial questions were there on this post?
    A- 4
    B- 5
    C- 6
    D- 7

• AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,204Member, Arbiter
    @Coolasice, I could say whole numbers only, although it is true for many fractions.

Theoretically it is still true for any number, even your example!

While indeed, 9 x 1/3 = 3. Let's look at 1/3 itself:
    1/3 is actually 0.3333 recurring. Therefore 3 x 0.333333 recurring = 0.999999 recurring!
    You can prove that 0.999 recurring is = to 1:

let's call 0.99999 recurring a.
    10 times a = 9.99999 recurring.
    10a - a is the same as 9.999... - 0.999...
    This is 9.
    so 9a = 9
    a = 9/9 = 1

Therefore 3 is actually 0.999... x 3
    Which comes to 2.99999...7
    You'll note the 2 and 7 add to 9! Of course the final 7 is unobtainable as there are infinite 9s before it but the last number in the solution would be the 7 which completes the fact.
    Completely true, unopinionated, non-made-up Fact: Numbers are gross

Anyway, dogs don't sweat like normal people. They only "sweat" through their footpads, and pant to lose excess body heat.
    - Trivial facts are 99% harder than normal facts, which are 199% harder than Fun facts.
    KittyKupo said:

another fact...

their digestion occurs at a vert slow rate that their poop is almost like a hard clay like poop....and the shape is obtained because its colon has horizontal thingies that make the poop cube shaped

KittyKupo said:

another fact...

their digestion occurs at a vert slow rate that their poop is almost like a hard clay like poop....and the shape is obtained because its colon has horizontal thingies that make the poop cube shaped

p.s it is used to attract mates
    edited January 2016
    New fact!

Dyk?

That baby koalas

eat

their mother's poop!....this is because koalas only eat eucalyptus leaves which are only digestable by adult koalas,
    they have these hind colons used to ferment the leaves ....and when the bebe koala gets hunggy, the momma koala just poops out a green,hearthy,eucalyptusy poop meal!

Fantastic right?!
    Owls don't poop like most animals, they actually regurgitate their waste in a vomity poop pellet known as an "owl pellet." They can contain undigested bones, rocks, and other things it ate.

The Brontosaurus never existed. It was mistakenly assembled combining the bones of a couple different dinosaurs.

El Niño is a weather phenomenon that occurs roughly every 7 or so years. It is the result of the warming of the Pacific Ocean spreading from the equator. It is especially famous in California because it brings excess rain. Howevr, it adversely affects the weather of other locations. In Chile, they prepare for major flooding and in India it often has a weaker monsoon season or skips it completely.

Cows can't walk down stairs.
  • SpyroSpyro We're only people (And theres not much anyone can do about that)Posts: 1,697Member, Arbiter
    FlynnXD said:

Gravity and time is confusing... I wonder when we'll unveil their properties and actually understand how they work..

I thought we already understood how they worked.

Gravity:
    "The formula is F = G*((m sub 1*m sub 2)/r^2) where F is the force of attraction between the two bodies, G is the universal gravitational constant, m sub 1 is the mass of the first object, m sub 2 is the mass of the second object and r is the distance between the centers of each object."

Time:
    Time = Distance/Speed.