Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Onyx is more common than orange cry

tzertzer Posts: 182Member
How math there's more than 3X other worlds and the fact that orange cry only spawns in deep while onyx can spawn in any what does that say people know the wrong price for orange cry and onyx use the crowns as an example they are around the worth of 50-60 crowns but people make it seem like there worth 250 the cost of a world in short the games average way of onyx is a paradox two ways of making its worth it's worth 3 worlds but it's also worth 50-60 crowns so paradox

Comments

  • William2William2 Posts: 3,380Member, Arbiter
    BUT, there is not a 100% chance that onyx will spawn in every regular world, and even if there is, in half the worlds, nobody will find the onyx.
  • tzertzer Posts: 182Member
    Half yes but not even a 1/8 of all worlds are deep so onyx is more common there is a 100% chance that one will spawn in a deep but there is less deep than every world
  • JakalopeJakalope Tiger Of Hell or DEEPSTYLE spawnerPosts: 130Member
    Yep but you can find like 3 orange cry in a deep biomes
  • tzertzer Posts: 182Member

    Yep but you can find like 3 orange cry in a deep biomes

    That's in the maximum size ones and you can also find 2 onyx in a world
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    Dr_Derp said:

    You also have to consider item value in general. Onyx is worth more because it is far more useful than an orange crystal that acts as decor only at the moment.

    But explain paintings being worth more than onyx and certain lootable items. Those are almost entirely decoration-only, with almost no future chance of being used otherwise.
  • tzertzer Posts: 182Member
    Orange cry is worth more decoration wise but use wise onyx is ur way to go
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤPosts: 1,361Member
    Well there's less deep biomes that generate than the temperate ones. So if all the biomes generated the same... The prices would go down probably because diamonds would be more common and orange crystals too. I found one before and it was right next to my spawn lol!
  • ipadsipads Posts: 2,000Member, Arbiter
    Everybody wants onyx. They want it to sell, or to make onyx tools, which a lot of the time, people sell
    People think that having a lot of onyx makes you rich, which makes people want to trade with you more since you have more items, or, onyx
    Despite having other items being rarer in the game, because it's not as 'valuable' and you can't do much with the elder mushrooms or any other rare deco, you don't have onyx, so you're classified as a newb and you don't have onyx so people aren't going to trade with you unless you have onyx to trade
  • ElectroxElectrox Hidden AsylumPosts: 883Member
    p1nkbr0 said:

    tzer said:

    Yep but you can find like 3 orange cry in a deep biomes

    That's in the maximum size ones and you can also find 2 onyx in a world
    I completely agree with this. But remember, people in trading worlds are idiots. If it's a crystal, regardless if it's 3000x rarer than onyx, onyx is still rarer. Elder mushrooms are far rarer than onyx, and there's at the very most, 50% fewer elder mushrooms (excluding acid) than onyx in circulation. Everybody skips them. They're hella rare. But people are genuine idiots. "If it's a mushroom, it CAN'T be rarer than onyx."

    Just remember. This is a game. Not real life. People are far more stupid in here.
    Actually the only elder mushrooms rarer than onyx are the elder anbaric elder morel are almost as rare.
    In a regular artic biome there can be arround 5 elder artic in a regular hell biome around 4 elder infernal in a regular deep biome around 4 elder apostate and elder lava i have a feeling they made them rarer recently i found 5 in the same cave more than once before in a temperate biome but they are not rarer than onyx you can find a lot in regular hell.
    If you could craft powerful mushroom wine with the elder mushrooms i am sure they would skyrocket in price.
  • LorthrashLorthrash Posts: 616Member
    Electrox said:

    p1nkbr0 said:

    tzer said:

    Yep but you can find like 3 orange cry in a deep biomes

    That's in the maximum size ones and you can also find 2 onyx in a world
    I completely agree with this. But remember, people in trading worlds are idiots. If it's a crystal, regardless if it's 3000x rarer than onyx, onyx is still rarer. Elder mushrooms are far rarer than onyx, and there's at the very most, 50% fewer elder mushrooms (excluding acid) than onyx in circulation. Everybody skips them. They're hella rare. But people are genuine idiots. "If it's a mushroom, it CAN'T be rarer than onyx."

    Just remember. This is a game. Not real life. People are far more stupid in here.
    Actually the only elder mushrooms rarer than onyx are the elder anbaric elder morel are almost as rare.
    In a regular artic biome there can be arround 5 elder artic in a regular hell biome around 4 elder infernal in a regular deep biome around 4 elder apostate and elder lava i have a feeling they made them rarer recently i found 5 in the same cave more than once before in a temperate biome but they are not rarer than onyx you can find a lot in regular hell.
    If you could craft powerful mushroom wine with the elder mushrooms i am sure they would skyrocket in price.
    My first elder mushrooms besides lava and acid were the anbaric and morel... Anbaric was my second rare elder... I've found more onyx than rare elders... Not including the acid or lava.
  • ElectroxElectrox Hidden AsylumPosts: 883Member
    Lorthrash said:

    Electrox said:

    p1nkbr0 said:

    tzer said:

    Yep but you can find like 3 orange cry in a deep biomes

    That's in the maximum size ones and you can also find 2 onyx in a world
    I completely agree with this. But remember, people in trading worlds are idiots. If it's a crystal, regardless if it's 3000x rarer than onyx, onyx is still rarer. Elder mushrooms are far rarer than onyx, and there's at the very most, 50% fewer elder mushrooms (excluding acid) than onyx in circulation. Everybody skips them. They're hella rare. But people are genuine idiots. "If it's a mushroom, it CAN'T be rarer than onyx."

    Just remember. This is a game. Not real life. People are far more stupid in here.
    Actually the only elder mushrooms rarer than onyx are the elder anbaric elder morel are almost as rare.
    In a regular artic biome there can be arround 5 elder artic in a regular hell biome around 4 elder infernal in a regular deep biome around 4 elder apostate and elder lava i have a feeling they made them rarer recently i found 5 in the same cave more than once before in a temperate biome but they are not rarer than onyx you can find a lot in regular hell.
    If you could craft powerful mushroom wine with the elder mushrooms i am sure they would skyrocket in price.
    My first elder mushrooms besides lava and acid were the anbaric and morel... Anbaric was my second rare elder... I've found more onyx than rare elders... Not including the acid or lava.
    The reason why elders are not worth much is that they are to easy to find if you buy your own artic biome its way easier to find 20 elder artic than 20 onyx obviously if you dont go to the biomes where they spawn in your gonna find more onyx i have found 10 elder apostates in 2 hours before in 3 different public deep biomes and i have found 10 elder artic in a day. With the 5k crowns i have i could buy enough artic worlds to find 50+ elder artic mushrooms but by buying temperate worlds i probably wouldn't find more than 5 onyx. Poeple say elders are rarer because they dont even try to find them and dont explore in the right biomes.
  • LorthrashLorthrash Posts: 616Member
    True. Same with all the others. If you're aiming to find onyx. Your going to find it more often than others. I once found onyx 3 public worlds in a row.
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,380Member, Arbiter
    ipads said:

    Everybody wants onyx. They want it to sell, or to make onyx tools, which a lot of the time, people sell
    People think that having a lot of onyx makes you rich, which makes people want to trade with you more since you have more items, or, onyx
    Despite having other items being rarer in the game, because it's not as 'valuable' and you can't do much with the elder mushrooms or any other rare deco, you don't have onyx, so you're classified as a newb and you don't have onyx so people aren't going to trade with you unless you have onyx to trade

    Which is totally unfair because, heck, I've never found a single onyx, but I'd hardly call myself a newb.

    I agree, orange crystals are still technically rarer than onyx, but onyx has much more use, therefore making people pay more for it. Onyx is also used a status symbol to let people know that they are rich.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    William2 said:

    ipads said:

    Everybody wants onyx. They want it to sell, or to make onyx tools, which a lot of the time, people sell
    People think that having a lot of onyx makes you rich, which makes people want to trade with you more since you have more items, or, onyx
    Despite having other items being rarer in the game, because it's not as 'valuable' and you can't do much with the elder mushrooms or any other rare deco, you don't have onyx, so you're classified as a newb and you don't have onyx so people aren't going to trade with you unless you have onyx to trade

    Which is totally unfair because, heck, I've never found a single onyx, but I'd hardly call myself a newb.

    I agree, orange crystals are still technically rarer than onyx, but onyx has much more use, therefore making people pay more for it. Onyx is also used a status symbol to let people know that they are rich.
    I'm cringing at that last statement.
  • LorthrashLorthrash Posts: 616Member
    William... How long have u been playing deepworld??? Not including breaks if u had any... I technically started in 2013... took a 2 year break...and started in September last year. From September last year up to this day I've found 15 natural onyx...
  • LorthrashLorthrash Posts: 616Member
    Teach me your ways... How do u reach those high amounts of deaths? You are a far better player then me... Anyways... You're 2 months older than me lol
    image.png
    640 x 1136 - 225K
    image.png
    640 x 1136 - 225K
  • LordOreoLordOreo In Oreo KingdomPosts: 1,034Member
    Lorthrash said:

    Teach me your ways... How do u reach those high amounts of deaths? You are a far better player then me... Anyways... You're 2 months older than me lol

    Heh I win!
    image.png
    2048 x 1536 - 900K
  • LorthrashLorthrash Posts: 616Member
    LordOreo said:

    Lorthrash said:

    Teach me your ways... How do u reach those high amounts of deaths? You are a far better player then me... Anyways... You're 2 months older than me lol

    Heh I win!
    10 days older than me lol
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤPosts: 1,361Member
    Lorthrash said:

    William... How long have u been playing deepworld??? Not including breaks if u had any... I technically started in 2013... took a 2 year break...and started in September last year. From September last year up to this day I've found 15 natural onyx...

    Bunch of comedians
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    Lorthrash said:

    Teach me your ways... How do u reach those high amounts of deaths? You are a far better player then me... Anyways... You're 2 months older than me lol

    High amounts of deaths could due to the fact that you used to have to warp to spawn to change worlds. The only way to do this was to type /die and kill yourself.

    Anyway, back on Topic...

    Anyway, the general consensus seems to be that the general population of deepworld seems to perceive onyx being one of the most valuable items despite others being rarer or more useful. It's something that's been the same since early in the game and hasn't really changed despite how many new things there are.
  • tzertzer Posts: 182Member
    One more thing why doesnt people kill turrets and mine the lights in dungeons i think thats kinda stupid that people dont kill the turrets immean cmon free turrets
  • ElectroxElectrox Hidden AsylumPosts: 883Member
    tzer said:

    One more thing why doesnt people kill turrets and mine the lights in dungeons i think thats kinda stupid that people dont kill the turrets immean cmon free turrets

    I destroy turrets since i started playing i dont get why poeple put blocks around them either
  • tzertzer Posts: 182Member
    Electrox said:

    tzer said:

    One more thing why doesnt people kill turrets and mine the lights in dungeons i think thats kinda stupid that people dont kill the turrets immean cmon free turrets

    I destroy turrets since i started playing i dont get why poeple put blocks around them either
    Cuz their noobs
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,277Member, Arbiter
    In private worlds, I take my time and mine all lights and turrets. However in public worlds, I ignore them (as well as brains, as best I can). In public worlds, every second counts if you want to find the good loot first.

    This probably explains why I have found 50 odd onyx in public worlds but only 1 in my private worlds...

    As for onyx vs orange: In a deep world, orange is twice as common (and much easier to spot). So on that basis, 2:1 is a good ratio. Of course, deep biomes don't spawn all the time, as others have said.

    It then comes down to use. Oranges are a nice decoration, while onyx can be used to make the best equipment. Everyone needs equipment. Not everyone wants decoration (as a priority).
  • tzertzer Posts: 182Member
    AMWhy said:

    In private worlds, I take my time and mine all lights and turrets. However in public worlds, I ignore them (as well as brains, as best I can). In public worlds, every second counts if you want to find the good loot first.

    This probably explains why I have found 50 odd onyx in public worlds but only 1 in my private worlds...

    As for onyx vs orange: In a deep world, orange is twice as common (and much easier to spot). So on that basis, 2:1 is a good ratio. Of course, deep biomes don't spawn all the time, as others have said.

    It then comes down to use. Oranges are a nice decoration, while onyx can be used to make the best equipment. Everyone needs equipment. Not everyone wants decoration (as a priority).

    True but why does ppl leave the brown sacks unlooted I found a few rare things cuz luck ten
  • TheYggdrasilTheYggdrasil Posts: 22Member
    Really if thats the case then why do i have 10 orange crystals and ZERO Onyx...my Lucky Aura...i got 2 solar eclipes in a row on Terraria today and got a 5 death sickles and 20 broken hero swords...(if that isnt luck the i dont know what is...btw i didnt use the water candle and Battle Potion buffs)
  • Cpt_FluffyBottomCpt_FluffyBottom At the foot of your bedPosts: 706Member
    Guys. Stop this. I have a solution; Put all your onyx and orange crystals in a pile, and give them to me.

    But in all seriousness, onyx is worthless by now. Well, it should be. In real life, the more money that is printed, the lower the value of the dollar becomes. Because of this, you have to use more money to buy something. It's the same with onyx, the more onyx being added to the system, the less value it is to people and the more people want it. (Maybe that's why people use it for wall paper)

    But I still do not believe orange crystals are rarer.

    Orange crystals:
    Have a way higher spawning chance (1-3 per world)
    Can only spawn in Deep biomes
    Easy to spot

    Onyx:
    Has a lower spawning chance
    Can spawn in all the worlds, but still spawns less
    Easy for people to skip over it.

    We also had a huge number of public deep biomes being added for a certain period which caused a lot of crystals to be found, lowering their value a lot.

    I don't even know if I made a valid argument (it's 12:29 AM) so please don't judge me until I fix it later.
  • CoolAsIceCoolAsIce Posts: 416Member
    Look, the current worth of orange crystals are 3.4 diamonds. We can't argue with market value.
Sign In or Register to comment.