Saltfell: A Challenge World

AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 1,002
Saltfell: A parkour world

An emergency teleporter has opened up on Saltfell to a long forgotten Apocalypse Bunker: 499a. The inhabitants are long gone and someone has taken the liberty of transforming their former landscape into a massive parkour world.

Traverse caverns, Scale impossible walls, and Cross huge drops.

Too hard? An easy mode is coming soon.

Too easy? Try it with /mood and stop glitching!

The world has been tested and every part is possible without any glitching or jet pack. Having said that, none of the 20 odd testers have completed every part so far without some help. Can you be the first?

You will need brains as well as agility to pass.
It's not all about jumping. In fact a level 9 character cleared the outdoors basic training with few problems. Sometimes you have to think outside the box.

Use this week to practice.

Competition alert!
Next week there will be a competition for the fastest person to complete the world without cheating. First prize: a Globe (or 7 diamonds: winners decision).

Viewing posts will also soon be added so you can watch your friends fail from your own Davenport.

Come for the story. Come for the challenge. Come for the fun!
image.png
2208 x 1242 - 6M
image.png
2208 x 1242 - 5M
image.png
2208 x 1242 - 5M
image.png
2208 x 1242 - 5M
image.png
2208 x 1242 - 5M
image.png
2208 x 1242 - 5M

Comments

• AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 1,002
    Saltfell needs you! You don't know it yet, but you need Saltfell, too.
  • FallersFallers noisnemid esrever a nIMember Posts: 1,244
    My reaction:
  • OxidisOxidis http://codepen.io/ZufengW/full/mVBjXPMember, Arbiter Posts: 792
    I gave it a try and liked it. It would be nice to see more adventure/challenge worlds. Allowing for different difficulties (along with name and shame) was a good idea.
    A few things:
    Scaling vertical walls should count as glitching, and it probably isn't possible on windows.
    It seemed like the trapdoors making the challenge easier always started closed. I even pulled the switch to open the first one before jumping.
    It's possible to activate all the signs at the end and someone did. Adding a mechanism (binary counter?) to prevent that could be a bit fiddly/overkill though.
    It might help if you made the boundary walls thicker. Otherwise it is tempting for people to leave the route. Exploring the map also highlighted how much we need a natural-looking unshovelable sandstone block.
    Were we supposed to use a zeppelin?
    First, thanks for trying it!

No one has had trouble with the vertical walls yet, once they find a method. If anyone is on PC and willing to try, that would help a lot!

The easy mode is very much a wip at the moment and needs a complete redo due to a (deepworld) bug with timed switches not resetting if unversed. An alternative would be normal switches and a reset switch but this is both inefficient for players and more expensive to create.

The final board is often spammed at the moment. My solution will be to have solo chambers at the end. You can only enter one then need to /sp to get to another (or glitch but some things can't be stopped). Either way, I add permanent plaques for players who have completed it on the right.

The world was created with no Zeppelin use and no jet pack use. I'm aware of two places where jetpacks can be used: one will stay (intentionally for me to zip around and help players) and the other will be blocked when I have time. The Zeppelin will not be banned, but it will not be allowed for people who want to enter the competition next (Friday? Tentative date).

• p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    No, the way clipping works on PC is far different from v2 Mac and iOS. It's currently impossible to scale vertical walls. Also, you cannot fit between spikes on the floor, and spikes on the wall at head-level. (Making one stupidly easy dungeon impossible to raid on PC. I'm still fuming)
    p1nkbr0 said:

No, the way clipping works on PC is far different from v2 Mac and iOS. It's currently impossible to scale vertical walls. Also, you cannot fit between spikes on the floor, and spikes on the wall at head-level. (Making one stupidly easy dungeon impossible to raid on PC. I'm still fuming)

You will be pleased to know that no spikes at all were used in the making of this world. I'll also address vertical walls with the easy mode then.
  • Cpt_FluffyBottomCpt_FluffyBottom At the foot of your bedMember Posts: 698
    I kept glitching into the floors XD
    It's certainly possible with glitching. Much more rewarding without.
    I'm guiding players at Saltfell for the next hour - come and join in!
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,116
    Yes! You're actually back in game!!
    Not sure how long it will last - make the most of it :p
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,226
    Oh, you're back.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 449
    You aren't dead.
    Apparently not
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 193
    Awesome world! Glad I saw this post! Thanks for bumping!
    I'm glad you like it. I'll be online again in a few hours between Saltfell and a new project.
  • llmmzzllmmzz Member Posts: 113
    i use 2 minute, nice design .
    屏幕快照 2017-11-21 23.32.41.png
    1279 x 689 - 1M
    Glad you liked it! now... If you can do it in 2 mins (without blimp or glitching) I'll give you a Notch!