Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Server Release 1.31.2: No more chat "clearing"

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,365Member, Administrator
'Nuff said.

Comments

• Steve777Steve777 Jumping through time. 1 s/second.Posts: 1,233Member
    Thank you!
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,908Member
    Hello From The Other Side!
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,171Member
    I'm a Barbie girl in a Barbie world... Thank you Mike!
  • FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Posts: 1,379Member
    Oh hell yeah! Thanks Mike!
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member
    Neat.
  • LordOreoLordOreo In Oreo KingdomPosts: 1,029Member
    Sweet m8
  • GilbyGilby Join the BK Discord: https://discord.gg/8H5zYUZPosts: 1,782Member, Arbiter
    Words cannot express how happy I am to see this clear chat thingy gone.
  • DianeDiane Posts: 378Member
    Yay, it was annoying, glad it's fixed!
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,084Member, Arbiter
    What's this bug?
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamPosts: 2,251Member
    Awesome! I think "chat clearing" or spamming is worse than profanity. :x
  • DeathSwaggaDeathSwagga In the firey depths of hell.Posts: 493Member
    KittyKupo said:

Really? What is chat clearing?
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Posts: 1,165Member
    p1nkbr0 said:

What's this bug?

KittyKupo said:

Really? What is chat clearing?
    "Chat clearing" is when someone types several lines of spaces. This is like "clearing" all of the previous chats from the chat box, so that it looks blank.
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,030Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    If I understand it correctly, it was actually a command that would create a huge blank space in the chat. For people on small-screen devices, it would look like the chat had been erased. On larger monitors, it would look like about 40 blank spaces before the next line of chat.
  • MillicentMillicent Millie Hills, Millie Ranch & Millie BellsPosts: 521Member, Arbiter
    And whenever someone cleared the chat, this strange light flickering thing would happen, then a pause, then no chat. Then the obnoxious laughter from the clear the chat person would ensue... Thanks for fixing this.
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,214Member, Arbiter
    I don't think it was possible on phone or iPad (correct me if I'm wrong; I didn't try) but my guess is it was a copy/paste job from PC. It was essentially several lines of hitting space followed by a full stop (period).

There is a ruby crow, top 50 player who hangs out in Times Square a lot. She tends to often talk down to other players and I noticed on several occasions that the 'clearing' would start when she came online. It wasn't just one person, though, so putting a stop to it is excellent.
  • SmoothySmoothy LeamingtonPosts: 637Member
    Yess! Thank you so much
  • LexiLexi EastPosts: 269Member
    AMWhy said:

I don't think it was possible on phone or iPad (correct me if I'm wrong; I didn't try) but my guess is it was a copy/paste job from PC. It was essentially several lines of hitting space followed by a full stop (period).

There is a ruby crow, top 50 player who hangs out in Times Square a lot. She tends to often talk down to other players and I noticed on several occasions that the 'clearing' would start when she came online. It wasn't just one person, though, so putting a stop to it is excellent.

@AMWhy It is / was possible on IOS devices via a app called Clips as now there's no point I might as well share the name of the app that has caused all the mayhem.
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤPosts: 1,361Member
    WHY REMOVE THIS GRRRRRRRRRRR MAKES ME SO GRRRR MADE GRRRR GRRRR GRRR GRRR GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! ;) jk -winks @mikelaurence - thankie! :3