Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Particular Copper Dungeon...

LyntLynt In your house, stealing all your cookies.Member Posts: 22
This particular dungeon drives me nuts, all because of a Brain Lord blocking the way. Sometimes it takes a minute for me to fit and squeeze out of where the Brain Lord currently is, or most of the time I cannot fit at all. Any why does this Brain Lord spawn in those blocks, anyways?
image.png
1024 x 768 - 880K

Comments

• LyntLynt In your house, stealing all your cookies.Member Posts: 22
    Perhaps the Brain Lord can spawn here
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 864K
  • JakeTheTomJakeTheTom Member Posts: 721
    In the past they spawned correctly, but idk what happend. Maybe devs make it this way or the evil number gnomes, replace the spawn coorinates. Damn number gnomes.
    Any way i just go outside and glitch in at next to the red chest its faster.
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Member Posts: 1,165
    I like this dungeon because of that challenge. My technique is to shoot your gun at it (and if you're about to lose your steam, swing your pick axe) until it's as far back as it can go. That's when you push it over and slide through the downwards passage. It will take the longest if you're trying to push it over without activating its shield and driving it away.
  • Cpt_FluffyBottomCpt_FluffyBottom At the foot of your bedMember Posts: 705

I like this dungeon because of that challenge. My technique is to shoot your gun at it (and if you're about to lose your steam, swing your pick axe) until it's as far back as it can go. That's when you push it over and slide through the downwards passage. It will take the longest if you're trying to push it over without activating its shield and driving it away.

Or instead of using your pickaxe, you can shovel some canisters into your mouth like I do. But I do like this dungeon as well and can't argue with what Litty said.

• ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453

Or instead of using your pickaxe, you can shovel some canisters into your mouth like I do. But I do like this dungeon as well and can't argue with what Litty said.

Off-topic but it'd be funny to see some fan art of that picture right there :P

I usually exo-stomp while holding Siri so I fly through the monster. But that's just for iOS, on Mac I do what fluffy does.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,084
    On PC, I just slowly fall through it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • DeathSwaggaDeathSwagga In the firey depths of hell.Member Posts: 493
    I kill it, in hope of obtaining brain wine. Which I never get. Then I get the red chest.
  • LordOreoLordOreo In Oreo KingdomMember Posts: 1,029
    Oh I thought u meant the copper bunker that has no loot inside of it. I find that bunker useless.
  • FallersFallers noisnemid esrever a nIMember Posts: 1,244

It takes FOREVER. It's a pointless, and defenceless enemy. It's just some stupid obstacle. It would honestly be better, if the brain lord wasn't stuck there.
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Member, Arbiter Posts: 6,432
    edited January 2016
    -is the creator of that dungeon-

You're welcome :)

But actually, there is somewhat of a game breaking mechanic in that dungeon model, that I did not intend to happen. I've only experienced it in that dungeon, and it only sometimes happens. In the corridor near the beginning where you go from the first room to the second, you can get pretty screwed if there is a large brain there. In any other dungeon, you can just slip your way past it if you have enough jerky, but because of how the dungeon was designed, something else happens. Due to the corridor being only 2 blocks tall and the floor being one block thick, I tend to find myself getting shoved down into the little one block tall space that is an aesthetic part of the dungeon that is inescapable other than returning to the spawn. I guess like with the lord brain that is being complained about, the easiest way by it is by killing it. However, you still have to be very careful to not get shoved under. If it is possible to make it where only a small brain spawns in the corridor, that would be great.

(On a side note, myself, nor the creators of other dungeons had any control over how brains spawned in their dungeons.)
  • SmoothySmoothy LeamingtonMember Posts: 637
    I always blast em' with a few megabombs till it blows up. It's worth the canisters and power jerky! (Plus brings me joy to destroy brains) :naughty:
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,960
    I think from the start the whole idea behind dungeons was that you were supposed to have to kill the guardian brains in order to earn the treasures. However players are smart, and so people often figured out easier ways to get to the chests. I think it's kind of neat that there's at least one dungeon where it's a little bit harder to just sneak past the guardians and get the goodies!
    This game is already ridiculously easy. There's little or no challenege to anything in this game, so one dungeon that you have to actually kill a brain is still better than not having it there in the first place.

However, my beef with raiding Isn't difficulty, it's that brains can and will push you into walls that you cannot escape.
  • HermitessHermitess Member Posts: 592
    I do not mind this dungeon, but it seems kind of weird to me that the brain lord is not in the open area (it is small enough that I think it'd still be a challenge; perhaps more of one). I have always thought it was a bug that it spawned in the midst of walls.
    Hermitess said:

I do not mind this dungeon, but it seems kind of weird to me that the brain lord is not in the open area (it is small enough that I think it'd still be a challenge; perhaps more of one). I have always thought it was a bug that it spawned in the midst of walls.

I believe it is. Remember everything in this game works according to the bottom left tile... including the way dungeons spawn. I'm guess is that the brain's lower left tile spawned where there was ample space, but the rest of it spawned inside the wall.
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    Reminds me of a sleeping snorlax. I usually just kill it by shooting it while switching with two different types of cannons, maybe using a telsa club or something while getting steam back. Always hope for a brain wine drop.