Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Duplicated Items

CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member
I want to ask a hypothetical question, if things were to go wrong with the server again and items were duplicated, would the devs just let them slide? I understand that checking every player's account for duplicated items is completely irrational, but would the devs accept this?

Comments

• NewGenerationNewGeneration Singapore Posts: 268Member
    Maybe...
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,277Member, Arbiter
    Let's hope we never find out.
  • Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Posts: 239Member
    I doubt that the devs have the time or the motivation to check every single account over "duplicated items".
    When they do a roll back, these things would be gone anyways i assume, if there is such a thing as duplicated items in the first place, which i also kinda doubt.
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,380Member, Arbiter
    -cackles- So, you're saying, if I just happened to get like 10 onyx, and the servers all of a sudden went wop, there's a chance I can get another 10 free onyx?

Ehh, I like my odds...
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member
    Sir_Athur said:

I doubt that the devs have the time or the motivation to check every single account over "duplicated items".
    When they do a roll back, these things would be gone anyways i assume, if there is such a thing as duplicated items in the first place, which i also kinda doubt.

Items can be duplicated if a player mines items before a world is rolled back.
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,380Member, Arbiter

Sir_Athur said:

I thought the inventories would be rolled back as well.
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member
    edited January 2016
    William2 said:

Sir_Athur said:

I thought the inventories would be rolled back as well.
    Sometimes when a world is rolled back, devs can't or don't check for players who were in that world. A example would be my duplicated grandfather block.

Edit: Also heh heh.. Didn't keep in mind that inventories can be rolled back as well. Recalled some people saying they had duplicated items after the DDoS so I made this thread.
  • FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Posts: 1,379Member
    Let's act like I'm @mikelaurence

Ok @CloudxCloud I will answer your "hypothetical" question. I must check your inventory because it is a glitch and the last thing I want is another DDoS attack. If everything clears as fine, I will allow you to keep the duplicated items. If you have anymore questions, ask @lisa because I'm fixing stuff, unnecessarily bombing players and I want to go eat a Chicago deep dish pizza.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Posts: 883Member
    Here's the thing though. I LOST 5 steam jets and a elder artic shroom in this rollback accident.
    William2 said:

-cackles- So, you're saying, if I just happened to get like 10 onyx, and the servers all of a sudden went wop, there's a chance I can get another 10 free onyx?

Ehh, I like my odds...

Also, it's possible that you would end up with 0 onyx. :(