Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Weekly Leaderboards!

KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamPosts: 2,251Member
edited January 2016 in General
So I"m a bit bored and a bit depressed lately, and one thing that makes me feel better is making spreadsheets and graphs. xD
So, I'm going to make spreadsheets with forumulas to calculate the weekly leaderboards for funsies. :3

However, I can't make it with EVERYONE in the game obviously, so I'm just going to add anyone that lets me know they'd like to be on the leaderboard list to be added to the count and see how they're doing per week, please let me know! It should be fun! ^_^

This has nothing to do with the current leaderboards, so even if you're a new player you have just as much chance as anyone else! This will be counted PER WEEK, not total numbers. :)

Ok! Now that we have a few people to start with, hopefully more people will like to join in once it's started. I'm going to be taking the first numbers on Sunday the 17th and then will post the following Sunday 24th and so on.

Just post here or PM me if you would like to be counted in the weekly leaderboards :3

Here's who has signed up so far:
@DaBiscuitGod (IGN: Bisu)
@Electrox
@p1nkbr0
@cheese17 (IGN: Cheesealicious)
@AMWhy (IGN: Firelore) I think?
@Assaulter (IGN: Assaulter.)

Starting next week:
@Wonder_melon_
@CleoAdkins007
@Brainstorm
@Hermitess
Post edited by KittyKupo on

Comments

• p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    Neat.
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Posts: 953Member
    We need this.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    Numbers!!
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member
    Neato. Could you elaborate on the leaderboards?
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,076Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    This would be cool as an opt-in-only type of thing.

That way people who are interested in comparing/competing can have the info easily available to them, and the people who would rather not be part of comparing/competing would have the small buffer of others who want to "take them on" at least having to do the math themselves :)
  • MillicentMillicent Millie Hills, Millie Ranch & Millie BellsPosts: 521Member, Arbiter
    KittyKupo said:

So I"m a bit bored and a bit depressed lately, and one thing that makes me feel better is making spreadsheets and graphs. xD
    So, I'm going to make spreadsheets with forumulas to calculate the weekly leaderboards for funsies. :3

However, I can't make it with EVERYONE in the game obviously, so I'm starting my project with the people on the leaderboards currently. THen anyone else that would like to be added to the count and see how they're doing per week, please let me know! It should be fun! ^_^

Just post here or PM me if you would like to be counted in the weekly leaderboards :3

@Electrox you mentioned this the other day. :smile:
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamPosts: 2,251Member
    Sirentist said:

This would be cool as an opt-in-only type of thing.

That way people who are interested in comparing/competing can have the info easily available to them, and the people who would rather not be part of comparing/competing would have the small buffer of others who want to "take them on" at least having to do the math themselves :)

That sounds like the best idea, so that I don't have to add in so many people, just the ones that want in. And as Millicent said, Electrox was the one that was talking about this, and I thought "Hey, something to make a spreadsheet of, yay!"

So here we go, I"m only going to add the people that sign up for it. If you'd like to be included in the weekly leaderboards (This has nothing to do with the leaderboards on the site, it's just for fun on the forums) then just let me know on here! I'll start the spreadsheets/graphs once I get several people interested. :)

Neato. Could you elaborate on the leaderboards?

What I'll be doing is making a spreadsheet with the people's stats to start with, then update it each week. I'll sort it out so that it will show, for example, the top 10 people for items mined/items placed/items crafted PER WEEK. Nothing you have to do except give me your permission to add you to the list. :3
    I'm in!
  • ElectroxElectrox Hidden AsylumPosts: 883Member
    You know you have my permission
    That's 2 so far. Not going to be much of a leaderboard until I have at least a few more people :3
    I'm in. At least it's not a matter of who starts with more, but a matter of who does more within the allotted time period!
    p1nkbr0 said:

I'm in. At least it's not a matter of who starts with more, but a matter of who does more within the allotted time period!

Yep, doesn't matter how much you have to start. It'll be whoever has the most for that week. You could start a new character and still be on top! I don't really know why you WOULD though, there aren't any prizes or anything, it's just for fun :P
  • cheese17cheese17 Deep inside the crater of a block of swiss cheese in your refrigerator waiting to strikePosts: 172Member
    edited January 2016
    Ooooohh I'd like to join, count me in :D

Oh whoops! I forgot, my IGN is Cheesealicious
    Post edited by cheese17 on
    Please let me know if your IGN is different from your forum name :)
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,268Member, Arbiter
    This sounds fun. Count me in! Expect peaks and troughs.
  • AssaulterAssaulter Posts: 34Member
    Count me in Ign: Assaulter.
    I'm going to be starting the count on Sunday the 17th. I thought Sunday was a good day for the weekly updates.
    Ok I got the first numbers a little late, so it won't be an accurate "week" but I did get the starting numbers for @Electrox , @p1nkbr0 , @cheese17 , @Assaulter and @AMWhy (because I'm PRETTY sure his IGN is Firelore).

@DaBiscuitGod, is that your IGN? because it comes up with someone with a skill level 1 that has mined 23 things. I don't think that's you, or at least not your active account.

If anyone would like to sign up for the next round let me know :3
    We'll find out who had the most activity out of these people on Sunday!
  • ElectroxElectrox Hidden AsylumPosts: 883Member
    It wont be me this week
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤPosts: 1,361Member
    Could I be in? I think this would be pretty cool.
    Oh dur, yeah that would help :p

http://www.deepworldgame.com/players/Bisu

About the level one thing, someone I know decided to make that account so I can't use that name anymore...
  • CleoAdkins007CleoAdkins007 Land of OzPosts: 1,142Member
    edited January 2016
    This sounds really intriguing, I love numbers and stats and mathematical stuff like that, count me in!

IGN: CleoAdkins007
    Post edited by CleoAdkins007 on
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,268Member, Arbiter
    I've only been able to get on a little bit since Sunday due to work. Mine will be interesting as the mining I did do was clearing a world. I think it's low though as I used some bombs to help!

And yes, my IGN is Firelore (I should've said!)
    AMWhy said:

I've only been able to get on a little bit since Sunday due to work. Mine will be interesting as the mining I did do was clearing a world. I think it's low though as I used some bombs to help!

And yes, my IGN is Firelore (I should've said!)

It took me a long time to figure that out, lol. Until recently, My activity has been opposite of most players. (Forums more than game)
  • HermitessHermitess Posts: 592Member
    You can add me. :) IGN is same as forum.
    This is making me more and more excited! Not only am I going to do a weekly leaderboard but a graph that shows everyone activity per week. It will be interesting to know the average numbers too. I love numbers and graphs and stuff :3
  • cheese17cheese17 Deep inside the crater of a block of swiss cheese in your refrigerator waiting to strikePosts: 172Member
    I might not be on as much now that winter break is over, buuuuuut still looking forward to this :0
  • CoolAsIceCoolAsIce Posts: 416Member
    KittyKupo said:

This is making me more and more excited! Not only am I going to do a weekly leaderboard but a graph that shows everyone activity per week. It will be interesting to know the average numbers too. I love numbers and graphs and stuff :3

Can you still keep a souvenier of the finished weeks?
    Ex:
    Week 1: 3/12/2023, etc...
    CoolAsIce said:

KittyKupo said:

Can you still keep a souvenier of the finished weeks?
    Ex:
    Week 1: 3/12/2023, etc...
    Yeah I will! I was thinking of making a graph or a log. Idk. I like numbers and stuff :3