Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

How zoom out :Pc

VictorIIIVictorIII FrancePosts: 6Member
edited January 2016 in Questions
Please, I really need help, I'm perception lv 9 but my ( - )button is broken. How can I zoom out please ? it is really important, I'm on pc the 11/01/2016

Comments

• Lord_KyuubiLord_Kyuubi on the internet, boosting my self esteem with inspect element...Posts: 729Member
    use + not - lel
  • VictorIIIVictorIII FrancePosts: 6Member

use + not - lel

"zoom out" for see faraway
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter

use + not - lel

Did you read his comment at all? lel.

Do you have a number pad? You can try to see if that button works. Otherwise, you might have to dig into an .ini file and change the setting yourself. But that's why we play on PC. Because we can figure things out for ourselves.

If you want, I can start digging through the game-file and see if there's something that has the keybindings. if the Num- doesn't work.
    p1nkbr0 said:

use + not - lel

Do you have a number pad? You can try to see if that button works. Otherwise, you might have to dig into an .ini file and change the setting yourself. But that's why we play on PC. Because we can figure things out for ourselves.

If you want, I can start digging through the game-file and see if there's something that has the keybindings. if the Num- doesn't work.
    thank you alot, but above all, you're on that no easier solutions? otherwise I would try to follow your advice but I'm not very good at and I can not download software too complex.
    thank you for your help
  • Joshwill95Joshwill95 Posts: 16Member
    I know for iOS as you get your map out you got a button on the bottom right to zoom in and out. Never played on the pc so not sure if it's on there on not :).
    edited January 2016
    VictorIII said:

p1nkbr0 said:

use + not - lel

thank you alot, but above all, you're on that no easier solutions? otherwise I would try to follow your advice but I'm not very good at and I can not download software too complex.
    thank you for your help
    Well the game is harder to dig through than I thought. There's no .ini file to edit, which 99.99% of PC games have.

However, if your keyboard has a number pad. (the numbers next to the normal letters), there should be a - on that. Press that and see if it zooms out.
  • Lord_KyuubiLord_Kyuubi on the internet, boosting my self esteem with inspect element...Posts: 729Member
    p1nkbr0 said:

VictorIII said:

p1nkbr0 said:

use + not - lel

thank you for your help
    Well the game is harder to dig through than I thought. There's no .ini file to edit, which 99.99% of PC games have.

However, if your keyboard has a number pad. (the numbers next to the normal letters), there should be a - on that. Press that and see if it zooms out.
    i think i tried that before and that didnt work. idk tho, lemme try rly quickly

I know for iOS as you get your map out you got a button on the bottom right to zoom in and out. Never played on the pc so not sure if it's on there on not :).

On pc, there is no zoom button because it relies on keybinds, not clicks.
    yeah the num pad doesnt work... rip
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,076Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Can you remap your keyboard so that the minus key on the keypad sends the same keystroke that the hyphen/minus key should be sending?
    Sirentist said:

Can you remap your keyboard so that the minus key on the keypad sends the same keystroke that the hyphen/minus key should be sending?

There is currently no way to change the keybinding, something I've been asking for since beta. Which also makes it extremely frustrating that there is no .ini file because nearly all PC games have a settings.ini which you can edit using a text-editor. This game has none, and requires me to get a separate program just to dig through the game files to get what I want.

The thing about PC Gamers is we like customization with our games. Many PC gamers prefer FEDS controls over WASD. I, personally, Would remap [sᴘᴀᴄᴇ] to jump and the action key to [ᴇ], so it works along side most games.
  • bean17magicbean17magic Earth. COME AT ME ALIENS!Posts: 293Member
    Personification.

Personification.

Personalization, but very, very close. :)

Personification means to add human features to inanimate, or nonhuman things. (like a talking lamp)

I'm quite impressed as most people couldn't pull that word out on-the-fly!!! :)
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,076Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    p1nkbr0 said:

Sirentist said:

There is currently no way to change the keybinding, something I've been asking for since beta. Which also makes it extremely frustrating that there is no .ini file because nearly all PC games have a settings.ini which you can edit using a text-editor. This game has none, and requires me to get a separate program just to dig through the game files to get what I want.

The thing about PC Gamers is we like customization with our games. Many PC gamers prefer FEDS controls over WASD. I, personally, Would remap [sᴘᴀᴄᴇ] to jump and the action key to [ᴇ], so it works along side most games.
    Ah, I meant in a more global way rather than on a game-by-game basis. Like, if your hyphen key doesn't work, it's not gonna work anywhere, not just in Deepworld, right? So I was wondering if it could be remapped at the level of the operating system to a different key.
    Sirentist said:

p1nkbr0 said:

Sirentist said:

Ah, I meant in a more global way rather than on a game-by-game basis. Like, if your hyphen key doesn't work, it's not gonna work anywhere, not just in Deepworld, right? So I was wondering if it could be remapped at the level of the operating system to a different key.
    Ohhh, maybe. You'd probably need a separate program for that. Plus, you would presumably need to enter the key you want remapped. But I've never tried that, so idk.
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamPosts: 2,251Member
    VictorIII said:

Please, I really need help, I'm perception lv 9 but my ( - )button is broken. How can I zoom out please ? it is really important, I'm on pc the 11/01/2016

This might be a redundant question, but have you tried taking you - key off and making sure it's cleaned under it? Sometimes my keys stick or don't work and I have to give my keyboard surgery to fix it
    edited January 2016
    Thank you very much for your help, but I think to I go to buy a numerique pad. But The game really need a "personification" ;)
    VictorIII said:

Thank you very much for your help, but I think to I go to buy a numerique pad. But The game really need a "personification" ;)

;)
  • LordVictorFirstLordVictorFirst Posts: 29Member
    ok sorry it is a new compte, my button is not broken, he's just a little old but this don't fonction because I use a azerty claver, thank you very much