Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Rank Your PC Grievances: Things on PC that Fill you with Grief (In Order of Most Grief)

p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
edited January 2016 in Bugs
Upon request by @mikelaurence, I'm changing the thread a little bit. Here's a place where you can prioritize your grief-filled problems regarding PC, be it bugs or improvements. Please be thoughtful about this as it will help mike and the team really improve the game for this platform!!! :)

//// OLD POST ////

This is the most ridiculously easy dungeon in the entire game and I can't even raid it because I can't squeeze between the spikes!!!!! >:(
Post edited by p1nkbr0 on

Comments

• p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    edited January 2016
    Mine:

1. Portable Teleporter function ╗
    1. World Machine function       ╝
    3. Collision Box
    4. Cross-Platform Shovel/Pick Mine Speed Adjustment. (There's something wonky here, I know it)
    5. Private Messaging
    6. Spade Functionality (If Broken)
    7. Emotes / Make-Up Kit

(I'm sure there are more grief-filled grievances, but I can't think of anything and I have work in less than 8 hours)
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamMember Posts: 2,222
    edited January 2016
    1. Not being able to teleport to signs/players
    2. no private messaging
    3. no notifications
    4. Some dungeons are impossible due to the spikes
    5. No emotes
    6. Our inventory numbers only go to 9999
    7. no butler bots

(ps I like the collision box. I don't like when playing on mac an enemy can run you all across the map if you don't die first. I like the enemies being about to knock you back a bit then continue on their way)

also THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I was beginning to think you had forgotten about us pc players :3
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,711
    edited January 2016
    1. World machines
    2. Butlers
    3. Portable teles
    4. PMs
    5. The fact chat doesn't fade (screenshots)
    6. Make up kit

Thanks Mike :)
  • HermitessHermitess Member Posts: 592
    edited January 2016
    Sirentist said:

Please note that these grievances are about the Mac version of v3.3.3 and are mainly about comparing gameplay on v3 to gameplay on v2. However, I think most of them are present on the PC version as well, so maybe this list will be helpful.

Most annoying v3.3.3 grievances, listed in order of importance:

1. exo skeleton gear (or maybe just exo skin?) is not functioning, thus I take damage from spikes, stalagmites, crystals, etc.; this is a deal-breaker for someone used to having immunity to those things!
    This is the #1 issue for me on PC. I hate that I have to use three times as much jerky on PC vs my iPad. I love playing with the big screen, but if I am going to raid dungeons in new worlds competitively, I cannot do it on my PC. Definitely a deal-breaker.

I don't always actually touch the things that hurt me, so it's not even quite like it was on the iPad before I had built up my skills and accessories. Maybe that part of the issue has something to do with the hit box issue that makes the above dungeon impossible to raid on PC.

At this point, the only thing I really do on PC is build/chat. Searching in worlds is doable, if annoying, but raiding is right out unless I'm in a private world.

Anyway... That was going to be the first thing on my list. I just haven't had time to make a list yet. I think Siren may have listed a great deal of the things that have bothered me about PC, though I will have to compare when I do have time for making my own list.
    Post edited by Hermitess on
    I would like to update my list as I've had more time to think about it:

1. Exo skin/Suit complete functionality
    2. The Mining speed. (I have mining 12 and I can't even shovel faster than people can pick) (I will keep bugging you until this is fixed! ;) )
    3. Collision adjustments. (In regards to blocks, not mobs)
    4. World Machine Functionality. Including /tp (/sp works) (Kinda waiting on this now)
    5. Portable teleported functionality. It pulls up the map, but I can't actually teleport.
    6. Private Messaging / Notifications functionality.
    7. Horticulture Perk Benefits. (I've yet to harvest a single bulb with onyx spade and horticulture 10)
    8. Map Updating Plaque / Acidity info. (Plaque text doesn't show and acidity info doesn't update until reloading the world/game)
    9. Item Count Maxed at 9999 (I have way more than that in certain items)
    10. Pop-Up text such as New Area Explored, Item Mined, "Rich Vein," etc. Doesn't scale with perception view. (Leaves the text SUPER tiny like tiny tiny.)
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Member Posts: 1,197
    Well, there are already some excellent lists here. I don't think anything I have to say is new, but these are the things that bug me the most:

The above-mentioned stinkin dungeon!!!

The huge notification in center screen after looting a chest has to be manually closed which is a waste of precious time, and blocks my view. I like to know what I looted, but couldn't it be more like the daily loot notification? Up in the corner, out of the way, closes by itself after a couple of seconds?

Non-functional /tp commands in mass tele worlds

Can't tell when people are talking to me via /t. This causes awkwardness when people think I'm ignoring them.

The un-mined diamonds not only do not glow, but are very difficult to tell apart from the arctic dirt, and other light colored ores. I have to zoom in, and go slow to see them. I think this is a great disadvantage to the PC players, as diamonds are necessary for better gear and guns; unless you trade, which is another rant entirely. Also, public arctics spawn rarely, and are ravaged in minutes. Huge advantage to the players who can see the glow. Huh, I'm kinda bitter about this. :/

I don't play on ios, so can't compare, but I suspect that increasing the combat ability is pointless. Hey people, how many energy bombs does it take to kill a normal large brain?
    Also, can't compare mining speeds, but I feel like a turtle some days.

Oh, I really, really want to be able to bookmark worlds!
  • muffinsploxmuffinsplox Member Posts: 58
    1. Agility and engineering do not confer as much benefit (horizontal movement slower and steam depletes quicker on pc)
    2. Can't see progress on ecological machine completion (like "3 of 8" parts for purifier)
    3. Portable teleporter function (can't do anything with the map it brings up)
    4. Odd hitboxes for stalagmites and stalagtites in hell, arctic, and maybe desert worlds. There are some peculiar types that appear to be only one block tall yet act like they are two blocks tall.
    5. Private messaging does not work with /t command
    6. Diamond ore does not glow so it takes a painful amount of effort for me to see them
    7. That unraidable dungeon
    8. Text is very small with maximum zoom so I have to zoom in and out to see other players' names
    9. Mining with pickaxes is slower or just awkward, could use directional mining like iOS joysticks (I use my plain shovel over my onyx pickaxe because of this)
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,711
    Huh. I never realised stats and speeds weren't equal between platforms.

That's my new #1.

I haved maxed agility and mining, so it would be nice to get the full benefits
    edited January 2016

Vin, on PC you can bookmark worlds by opening your map, and going to the "actions" tab. I've successfully done it twice now... But you have to be in the world to do it, obviously. Also, I never realized you were a PC player, especially when we were in the world together today. Using a shovel mines considerably quicker on PC. Whereas, on iOS, it's the opposite. (I'm telling you mike, it's been this way for years)

Can't tell when people are talking to me via /t. This causes awkwardness when people think I'm ignoring them.

Thisssssss. I feel so bad when someone's like "Hey I've been messaging you, why are you ignoring me?"

• SpyroSpyro Sometimes I miss the top of the food chainMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,678
    I really don't like the speed when trying to fly horizontally. I like the iOS engine because the variable for horizontal speed changes based which direction your flying, and how long you were flying in that direction.
    edited January 2016
    p1nkbr0 said:

Vin, on PC you can bookmark worlds by opening your map, and going to the "actions" tab. I've successfully done it twice now... But you have to be in the world to do it, obviously. Also, I never realized you were a PC player, especially when we were in the world together today. Using a shovel mines considerably quicker on PC. Whereas, on iOS, it's the opposite. (I'm telling you mike, it's been this way for years)
    Really! Yay! Going to try that asap. Thanks! And yes, the shovel is so much faster. I even raid dungeons with it. :D

Edit - It works! I am ridiculously grateful to you for bringing this to my attention.
    Another thing to add could be game pad support to emulate the joysticks on iOS. Using and Xbox controller, the joysticks could be used the exact same way and other buttons could be mapped for different things like maybe "a" being shield, "b" for jerky, etc. Menu selection might be tough and require both the mouse and game pad, unless you figure out a way to cycle through them, but it would still be a bit better than what we have now.

Just ideas.
  • headgrinderheadgrinder Digging for Wisdom GemsMember Posts: 490
    1. Mining speed
    2. Private message
    3. In your face loot notifications
    4. Emotes
    5. Spike/stalactite/other collision problems
    6. Butler bots
    7. Diamond ore not glowing
    8. Stomp/downarrow for chuteing uses steam
    9. No friends on world search
    10. Problems with cold/breathing meters. Bugs me.
    Honestly, I'm ok with the loot messages. On my 1080p monitor, and ESPECIALLY on my 1440p monitor, I often missed the notifications. Even for daily loot, I don't even notice I get it until it's long been completed.
  • hugegnomehugegnome Member Posts: 247
    1. Protected stabalizers
    2. Protected spawners
    3. Support for multiple trades
  • DianeDiane Member Posts: 362
    edited January 2016
    hugegnome said:

1. Protected stabalizers
    2. Protected spawners
    3. Support for multiple trades

This thread is for PC problems, not general complaints,.....
    p1nkbr0 said:

Another thing to add could be game pad support to emulate the joysticks on iOS. Using and Xbox controller, the joysticks could be used the exact same way and other buttons could be mapped for different things like maybe "a" being shield, "b" for jerky, etc. Menu selection might be tough and require both the mouse and game pad, unless you figure out a way to cycle through them, but it would still be a bit better than what we have now.

Just ideas.

Oh I would love if I could use my xbox controller for deepworld!
    For the menu selection, that wouldn't be too hard. FFXIV uses xbox controllers for the PC users, and to go through the menu you just hold one of the trigger buttons and then press one of the arrow keys or a/b/x/y buttons, making a menu have 8 selections for each trigger. If that makes sense. I can take a pic for how they do it if needed. But I love playing with the xbox controller and then having my keyboard to type.
    p1nkbr0 said:

Honestly, I'm ok with the loot messages. On my 1080p monitor, and ESPECIALLY on my 1440p monitor, I often missed the notifications. Even for daily loot, I don't even notice I get it until it's long been completed.

I'm ok with the loot messages too. I have a quite large monitor and I really read what I'm mining anyway. I just mine all the things. I DO notice the daily loot notifications, because they happen in the top right of the screen. But yeah, that's not an issue to me
  • cheese17cheese17 Deep inside the crater of a block of swiss cheese in your refrigerator waiting to strikeMember Posts: 156
    Seems like everyone already listed the same grievances as me :0
    1. No /t command and no private messages
    (I don't mind it as much if the player is online, that feature where you can warp to a friend's location/world from the followers menu is pretty neat, but I can't leave someone messages if they're offline.)
    2. Can't toggle protectors
    (Makes it difficult to explore dungeons)
    cheese17 said:

(I don't mind it as much if the player is online, that feature where you can warp to a friend's location/world from the followers menu is pretty neat, but I can't leave someone messages if they're offline.)

For number two, press the comma (,) key. It should work if you have high-enough perception level. HOWEVER, the small, broken protectors do NOT display a radius. (Including the one in the 2-person dungeon)
    p1nkbr0 said:

cheese17 said:

For number two, press the comma (,) key. It should work if you have high-enough perception level. HOWEVER, the small, broken protectors do NOT display a radius. (Including the one in the 2-person dungeon)
    I haven't been able to see ANY protectors except my own and the ones around the yellow teleporters for weeks. I used to be able to see them all
    KittyKupo said:

p1nkbr0 said:

cheese17 said:

I haven't been able to see ANY protectors except my own and the ones around the yellow teleporters for weeks. I used to be able to see them all
    That's strange. It works fine on my screen. I don't really care either way, since I've been used to looking for them without the radii since I started playing. (A long, long time ago)
    p1nkbr0 said:

KittyKupo said:

p1nkbr0 said:

cheese17 said:

That's strange. It works fine on my screen. I don't really care either way, since I've been used to looking for them without the radii since I started playing. (A long, long time ago)
    Well it's bugging me since I like to just mine in lines back and forth and I have to guess where the protector radius is. D:
    KittyKupo said:

p1nkbr0 said:

KittyKupo said:

p1nkbr0 said:

cheese17 said:

Well it's bugging me since I like to just mine in lines back and forth and I have to guess where the protector radius is. D:
    Understandable. It's strange it only affects certain clients. I know other PC players have been experiencing the same thing. I'm worried it's only time before mine disappear, and that's troublesome considering how much I build! D:
    I can still see the pro radii. Maybe a mac issue?
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,514

I can still see the pro radii. Maybe a mac issue?

Nope, I don't think it's a Mac issue: I can see pro radii (except for the generated broken protectors that protect all the super important stuff like painting bunkers and ice sculpture bunkers, lol). In some biomes they're much harder to see, though.

Another major complaint that I just realized now, when I went in game to see if I could see protector radii: not only can I not mine anything across another item, I can't even interact with anything! So like, for example, I have my gift android in a small box made of limestone brick. Usually I just reach beyond the wall and click her, same as how you can click on a protector from the other side of a wall to see who it belongs to. But on v3, I have to literally break into the box until I'm right beside the android before it will let me click on her.
  • CoolAsIceCoolAsIce Member Posts: 416
    edited January 2016
    Sirentist said:

•can't tell which blue teles are mine

Since when could you ever know which blue teles are yours?
    Post edited by CoolAsIce on
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,514
    CoolAsIce said:

Sirentist said:

on mini-map, can't tell which blue teles are mine

Since when could you ever know which blue teles are yours?
    1. Instead of quoting super long posts in their entirety, please take the time to quote just the relevant part(s). This makes it easier for people reading the thread. Thanks!
    2. On the mini map in v2, your (owned) blue teles are larger than naturally-generated ones or ones that belong to other people. This is even more obvious on the mini map that comes up when you either click any blue tele or start to use a portable teleporter. To my knowledge, this has been true since ownable blue teles were implemented. So ... about three years?