Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Beta Release v2.5.1 (iOS)

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,365Member, Administrator
edited January 2016 in General
Beta 2.5.1 has been sent out. Please install it and let us know if anything is different (more/fewer crashes, performance, etc.) It should mostly feel the same - this is an under-the-hood update, but we want to make sure we didn't introduce any new terrible bugs.
Post edited by mikelaurence on

Comments

• derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,199Member
    edited January 2016
    Thank you for selecting me! So far,

Chat box will not load/refresh.
    Zoom in and out is not working.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    I got a new phone so I had to resubmit my device registeration or something.
    Pick of chat box and this is my max/min zoom.
    image.png
    2048 x 1536 - 2M
    Ok, I got the chat to start working by,

Close and than open chat box.
    Use the middle circle with 4 arrows to move chat box around.
    Chat started working for me.

Zoom is still a no go.
    image.jpeg
    466 x 169 - 29K
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,365Member, Administrator
    Sending out 2.5.1 shortly - fixes the zoom issue. I haven't seen the chat issue, anyone else?
    Ok tried to raid a couple dungeons. Brains push me into walls, floors and out of the dungeons. Once they push me into walls or floors I am stuck and not able to get back out.
    derpdee said:

Ok tried to raid a couple dungeons. Brains push me into walls, floors and out of the dungeons. Once they push me into walls or floors I am stuck and not able to get back out.

That's different from the current version?

derpdee said:

I was able to run past them. If they did push me, I was able to push back and if they did push me into the floor or walls I could move back out of them.

Also not able to use the emoji slide thru a wall anymore.
    derpdee said:

derpdee said:

I was able to run past them. If they did push me, I was able to push back and if they did push me into the floor or walls I could move back out of them.

Ok. I think it's time to convert it to the system that Windows uses, e.g., you can run thru them, just slowly (and they don't push you).

derpdee said:

derpdee said:

Ok. I think it's time to convert it to the system that Windows uses, e.g., you can run thru them, just slowly (and they don't push you).
    That would be awesome!

Any info on zoom?
  • DetectiveAlphaDetectiveAlpha In a space rift, currently stuck above England.Posts: 101Member
    Mike!!
  • DetectiveAlphaDetectiveAlpha In a space rift, currently stuck above England.Posts: 101Member
    Add meh!
    My Id is
    DETECTIVEALPHA.
    Sometimes doing /sp will either post in chat box and not work, take health like I am cussing or spawn me back to spawn and take health like I am cussing.
  • LorthrashLorthrash Posts: 616Member
    edited January 2016
    Found another bug. Not really affecting gameplay that much, it's more of s visual bug.

I noticed when moving around in times I would see flashes. These flashes were the inhibitors dissapearing. I moved around a bit to make sure and it happens multiple times.
    The first picture has both inhibitors on the middle top portion. In the second picture the left inhibitor from first pic is missing.

I'll keep looking for more bugs!

Edit: noticed it happens with other blocks. It doesn't happen to solid blocks, just background and decoration.
    image.png
    1136 x 640 - 890K
    image.png
    1136 x 640 - 874K
  • DeathSwaggaDeathSwagga In the firey depths of hell.Posts: 493Member
    edited January 2016
    When I press install, it says: "Please confirm the installation dialog, then press your Home button to see the installation progress. Note that the app's icon might appear on any of your Home screens." But nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?
    edited January 2016
    Delete the original deepworld, then install it.

Anyways... Was this intentional? I'm holding my phone normally and not sideways.
    image.png
    640 x 1136 - 702K
  • martin148martin148 NoPosts: 195Member
    edited January 2016
    I set my joystick style to 'floating', and the joysticks are little buggy

For some reason, I played for awhile and it starts to lag as hell, then I have to restart the game.
    Post edited by martin148 on
    image.png
    2048 x 1536 - 4M
    Chat is in easy fix, haven't had any problems after.
    The zoom? It's just missing the third zoom. I can zoom out once but not farther like normal.
  • takhisistakhisis Posts: 39Member
    edited January 2016
    Right toggle sometimes flickers when not holding a tool(pickaxe/gun/etc.) in hand.

Zoom is working fine for me, I have all 3.

Portable teleporters finally work for me again, instead of kicking me from the game.

Chat box, thought it had frozen when messing with the settings, but realized I just had to swipe it away and back to get the setting options to reappear. d'oh!

Edit: Wall glitch with emoji - also thought it was no longer possible after several attempts, but I have been able to do it twice. The good news is that the effort it takes will definitely be an annoying problem for people who abuse this glitch :smiley:
    Post edited by takhisis on
  • takhisistakhisis Posts: 39Member
    edited January 2016
    sorry, double post.
  • JakeTheTomJakeTheTom Posts: 721Member
    edited January 2016
    When i set joystick opacity then the joystick and maybe my flashlight light start vibrating fast and the joystick not really show any change by the settings.

Edit : just some pitcures, and yes my flashlight light vibrating pretty fast.
    The joystick not really change

More edit: joystick opacity change when i chose a different item, but only the right side joystick changing. When i open the setting the joy start flashing like a dieing light bulb.
    Post edited by JakeTheTom on
  • NewGenerationNewGeneration Singapore Posts: 268Member

derpdee said:

derpdee said:

This is happening on mac too .-.
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,241Member, Arbiter
    iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2

Zoom works fine for me.
    There is a display problem dependant on startup of app. If you start in portrait, when changing to landscape alignment is messed up.
    If you start in landscape, when changing to portrait alignment is better but still off.

(Image is of landscape display after portrait startup)

Glitching seems to have been fixed. I will experiment more with it but haven't been able to emoji glitch yet.
    image.png
    2208 x 1242 - 5M
  • LordOreoLordOreo In Oreo KingdomPosts: 1,029Member
    edited January 2016
    For some reason I didn't get the beta. Not sure why since I registered and was able to try out past betas. My iPod has been added but I didn't receive the beta.
    LordOreo said:

For some reason I didn't get the beta. Not sure why since I registered and was able to try out past betas. My iPod has been added but I didn't receive the beta.

Is it not available to download for you? Or is it just not downloading?
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activePosts: 501Member
    I have the beta but can't install it. It doesn't show anything about it being installed
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,241Member, Arbiter
    Does it say Deepworld 2.5.1? If yes, first delete the normal Deepworld app from your device then try again. That worked for me and was said by Lorthrash near the top of his thread.
    This isn't specific to the beta but it's an error I just noticed: two spelling mistakes in the crown shop. Samurai and carnivorous have both been mispelt.

image.png
    2208 x 1242 - 4M
    Thx I uninstalled the other Deepworld and it worked
    edited January 2016
    When I flipped my phone for a moment this happened...

Edit: the icons for inventory and crafting don't fit in this vertical form. Neither the movement joystick
    image.png
    640 x 1136 - 777K