Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Beta Release v2.5.2 (iOS)

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,365Member, Administrator
- Fixed orientation issue
- Fixed flickering joysticks
- Decreased memory requirements on iPad 2 / old iPod touch

@Clueboe can you let me know if the crashing is better?

Comments

• ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    edited January 2016
    Still awaiting for my device to be added to the app or something.

Edit: Non-beta issue, but it seems for me that using ports-teles like you would you jerky in your hot bar, crashes your game.
  • martin148martin148 NoPosts: 195Member
    Blocks keep disappearing.
    image.png
    2048 x 1536 - 3M
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,211Member
    Thanks for the joystick flicker fix. Only real issue is brain still push me into walls and floors. I was able to walk back out or use emoji slide. Not able to do,either now.
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalacePosts: 6,453Member
    edited January 2016
    Chat problem when keyboard is down. Still looks normal and shows all chat when keyboard is presentimage

Edit: Fixed itself when i moved the chat
    Post edited by Lyven on
    image.png
    2048 x 1536 - 4M
    derpdee said:

Ok, I got the chat to start working by,

Close and than open chat box.
    Use the middle circle with 4 arrows to move chat box around.
    Chat started working for me.

Zoom is still a no go.

image.jpeg
    466 x 169 - 29K
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,365Member, Administrator
    Lyven said:

Chat problem when keyboard is down. Still looks normal and shows all chat when keyboard is presentimage

I can't tell what you mean, can you explain in a bit more detail? Thanks!
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalacePosts: 6,453Member

Lyven said:

I can't tell what you mean, can you explain in a bit more detail? Thanks!
    The chat fixed itself when i moved the chat, so everything is fine.

Just in case you want to look deeper into this, it only shows the more recent ones when the keyboard is open (or simply put, it looks just the way its supposed to look like when the keyboard is open), otherwise it looks like that.
  • alba09alba09 Posts: 14Member
    My flickering joy sticks are now gone! Is that what's supposed to happen? I can still move around and raid, just can't see joystick anymore.
  • JakeTheTomJakeTheTom Posts: 721Member
    alba09 said:

My flickering joy sticks are now gone! Is that what's supposed to happen? I can still move around and raid, just can't see joystick anymore.

Check your joystick opacity in the settings, maybe its set to 1 so the joys are invisible.
  • DeathSwaggaDeathSwagga In the firey depths of hell.Posts: 493Member
    edited January 2016
    When you open the chat by swiping upwards all the text is positioned too high. Just as @Lyven said, moving the chat box fixed the problem. Also, another issue as you can see, some of the hearts and the steam meter are behind the inventory/crafting icons at the top of the screen. This has always been like this, it is not a new problem.
    image.png
    2048 x 1536 - 3M
  • LorthrashLorthrash Posts: 616Member
    edited January 2016
    When exploring a world I had been using porta teles. I had 7. I successfully used 5 before and I attempted to use one to get to the other side of the world (an explored part). It consumed 1 tele without doing anything. I attempted to do it again and the same thing happened. I'm not sure if it's related to beta or not, I've never seen this happen until beta.
    I reloaded the game to make sure and I was in the same spot with 0 porta teles.

Eta: Any news on the disappearing objects?
  • SmoothySmoothy LeamingtonPosts: 637Member
    edited January 2016
    I noticed when switching from different world pages there is a delay with the previous worlds disappearing.

Example: Clicking from 'Recent' to 'Popular' the recent worlds will slowly glide to the left side of the screen, behind the popular worlds.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

-Also large switches have a delay and sometimes don't display colors.

-Invisible items that you can't see but when mining them they are still there.

-Mobs like Crows act as solid blocks and you can't move around them easily.

-Blazers don't have an animation and have a dark haze around them, from what i've seen.
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,380Member, Arbiter
    I'm still waiting for my device to be added. Does this mean I'm not a tester?
    Newest one for me today was, Being stuck on a bat like you get stuck on a spike. It flew me around all over the place! No I am not joking! I would have video'd it but the buttons for kamcord are missing? I couldn't kill it or get loose. I had to /sp and when I did /sp I lost life like I cursed in open chat.lol
    derpdee said:

Newest one for me today was, Being stuck on a bat like you get stuck on a spike. It flew me around all over the place! No I am not joking! I would have video'd it but the buttons for kamcord are missing? I couldn't kill it or get loose. I had to /sp and when I did /sp I lost life like I cursed in open chat.lol

Kamcord is dead. (R.I.P.)
  • ClueboeClueboe The AoD Headquarters... Wherever it is...Posts: 2,302Member, Arbiter
    Still no luck. I've tried restarting the device.

derpdee said:

Good. It was annoying that my thumb would slide, open emoji menu and hit the record button during raiding.lol
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,268Member, Arbiter
    Lorthrash said:

When exploring a world I had been using porta teles. I had 7. I successfully used 5 before and I attempted to use one to get to the other side of the world (an explored part). It consumed 1 tele without doing anything. I attempted to do it again and the same thing happened. I'm not sure if it's related to beta or not, I've never seen this happen until beta.
    I reloaded the game to make sure and I was in the same spot with 0 porta teles.

Were you at a blue or yellow (world) tele when you tried? If so, you may have been teleported to the nearest tele instead: or, the one you were already at.
    Clueboe said:

Are you crashing immediately, or after playing for a while, etc.?
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Posts: 1,233Member

Clueboe said:

I'm experiencing the same thing. After around 30sec-1 min, the gear appears and I crash. In the rare cases when I don't crash, I get disconnected when I change worlds.. But if I log back on, I'm in the world where I was headed. So, the world change happens but it kicks me out before doing it.

But Kamcord was the only thing that could legally screen record for free.. Now I cant record Deepworld ..
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainPosts: 1,271Member
    edited January 2016
    FlynnXD said:

Clueboe said:

I'm experiencing the same thing. After around 30sec-1 min, the gear appears and I crash. In the rare cases when I don't crash, I get disconnected when I change worlds.. But if I log back on, I'm in the world where I was headed. So, the world change happens but it kicks me out before doing it.

But Kamcord was the only thing that could legally screen record for free.. Now I cant record Deepworld ..
    https://obsproject.com/

ETA: I'm also crashing when I use my iPad.
    FlynnXD said:

Clueboe said:

Did you see any memory warning popups?
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainPosts: 1,271Member

FlynnXD said:

Clueboe said:

I see them
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Posts: 1,233Member

FlynnXD said:

Clueboe said:

Not even once since I got the update. I checked whether it was my internet, but all other applications and even YouTube run pretty well..

FlynnXD said:

Clueboe said:

https://obsproject.com/

ETA: I'm also crashing when I use my iPad.
    The problem is that I only have an iPad, no PC :(
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activePosts: 501Member
    The changing world and getting disconnected has happened to me a lot before this beta release
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,076Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    edited January 2016
    People on Macs, both laptops and desktops, have had the changing world crash for a long long long time now. Welcome to our world!
  • JakeTheTomJakeTheTom Posts: 721Member
    Hm now after less then 10 sec playing the gear popup and i just get reloaded, then i just start lagging and a short time i get the low memory msg. :/
    I am constantly receiving "memory low" warnings. Not sure why. I never had this issue before beta?
    edited January 2016
    derpdee said:

I am constantly receiving "memory low" warnings. Not sure why. I never had this issue before beta?

It's due to the 64-bit migration. I am going to have to squeeze the memory usage down a lot more. *sigh*

I'll try and get a leaner beta out tomorrow.
  • LordOreoLordOreo In Oreo KingdomPosts: 1,029Member

derpdee said:

It's due to the 64-bit migration. I am going to have to squeeze the memory usage down a lot more. *sigh*

I'll try and get a leaner beta out tomorrow.
    Maybe I can get beta then...hopefully.