Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Halp meh

Lord_KyuubiLord_Kyuubi on the internet, boosting my self esteem with inspect element...Posts: 729Member
idk how to farm. i just put some compost with nothing above it, and now grass is growing (or weeds)
halp someone
i also have 2 sunlight bulbs and some other one.

Comments

• CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member
    You need a certain level of horticulture to place bulbs. Bulbs only grow in purified temperate worlds, with the exception of cactus flower and ghost. Cactus flower grows in purified desert worlds and ghost trees grow in purified hell worlds.
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesPosts: 3,648Member
    Put a backdrop of any kind, and place a bulb on that backdrop. Make sure the bulb has a opening to the sky above it, or else it won't grow.
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,268Member, Arbiter
    By sky, PIPTR0 of course means all the way right up to the top of the world so the rain can reach it.
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤPosts: 1,361Member

You need a certain level of horticulture to place bulbs. Bulbs only grow in purified temperate worlds, with the exception of cactus flower and ghost. Cactus flower grows in purified desert worlds and ghost trees grow in purified hell worlds.

You can purify hell worlds?

Something like that.
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,380Member, Arbiter
    That green stuff growing on the compost is grass, not weeds. In a little bit it will turn into trees.

Rarer bulbs, like sunflower, trumpet, echinacea, ghost, and cacti bulbs, require higher levels of horticulture. Ghost bulbs can only grow in hell worlds, cacti can only grow in desert biomes, and pine trees can be grown by placing compost in arctic worlds, but the rest can grow anywhere else. The rest of the bulbs (the one block tall flowers) do not require a raised level of horitculture, and must be grown in temperate (regular) biomes. Those biomes must be purified in order for flowers to grow. To grow a flower, simply place the bulb on compost or a pot that is open to the sky. Make sure there are no building above it. The rarer bulbs take a longer time to grow, so be patient!
  • Lord_KyuubiLord_Kyuubi on the internet, boosting my self esteem with inspect element...Posts: 729Member
    whats the minimum horticulture?
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤPosts: 1,361Member

Something like that.
    I've never heard of it...
  • DianeDiane Posts: 378Member
    You can't purify hells, Mike just changed ghost bulbs to not require purified biome, since hells can't be purified

I don't know how it works for cactus tho, does machine have to be repaired on a desert for a cactus bulb to grow? (sorry, if that is too off topic then please just ignore)
    Diane said:

You can't purify hells, Mike just changed ghost bulbs to not require purified biome, since hells can't be purified

I don't know how it works for cactus tho, does machine have to be repaired on a desert for a cactus bulb to grow? (sorry, if that is too off topic then please just ignore)

Mm, remember hearing that there was a prerequisite before ghost could grow in a hell biome so I used purify.

And yes, you have to activate the purifier.
  • CoolAsIceCoolAsIce Posts: 416Member

Diane said:

Mm, remember hearing that there was a prerequisite before ghost could grow in a hell biome so I used purify.

And yes, you have to activate the purifier.
    What he said, but Aridity instead of Acidity :smile: