Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Decorative Trains

RobotSparkRobotSpark Secretly preparing to nuke PipCorp...Posts: 423Member
edited January 2016 in Feedback and Game Ideas
Hello everybody of the Deepworld world! I am here to pitch a new idea to you all. Some of you may remember my old discussion asking to implement trains as a functioning feature, though it never took off. However, I have had the idea to make an underground train station dungeon!

It will feature the normal building, but on the bottom row it will feature rails for decorative features, and in the middle it will feature a chest containing either a steam tank worth of blocks, a MK1 coach worth of blocks, or a coal truck worth of blocks. You should be able to go in all of them as if you were RPing. In the picture included is a block design for the coach, but the real one will have the colorisation and unique colours of the real coach. The train and coal truck design is up to you guys. Toodiloo!
image.jpeg
2048 x 1536 - 800K

Comments

• PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesPosts: 3,648Member
    My only question?

Brain trains? (Trains of thought, lulz)
  • RobotSparkRobotSpark Secretly preparing to nuke PipCorp...Posts: 423Member
    PIPTR0 said:

My only question?

Brain trains? (Trains of thought, lulz)

Maybe there can be brain transportation carriages...
  • cheese17cheese17 Deep inside the crater of a block of swiss cheese in your refrigerator waiting to strikePosts: 172Member
    oh I tried something similar to this last year! (Except it was in the sky which ended up blocking all the rain... >.>)
    Trains are kinda obsolete now that we have the mass teleporter world machine (albeit its super expensive). However, I will say that conveyor belts are really handy for acting as wheels and getting from station to station (If you have two rows of conveyor belts, each going in an opposite direction, you can run from one end of a world to another in two seconds)

The coach looks pretty cool though, good job!
    cheese17 said:

oh I tried something similar to this last year! (Except it was in the sky which ended up blocking all the rain... >.>)
    Trains are kinda obsolete now that we have the mass teleporter world machine (albeit its super expensive). However, I will say that conveyor belts are really handy for acting as wheels and getting from station to station (If you have two rows of conveyor belts, each going in an opposite direction, you can run from one end of a world to another in two seconds)

The coach looks pretty cool though, good job!

A. Thanks!
    B. I mean for this to be decorational.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member
    Would be nice if we could get "Modular" blocks that can be used to build trains, somewhat like brain tanks if you catch my drift.

Would be nice if we could get "Modular" blocks that can be used to build trains, somewhat like brain tanks if you catch my drift.

That's exactly what I had in mind.