Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Level 78?

DianeDiane Posts: 378Member
I'm confused, I thought level 78 was the highest level, but the xp readout says I still have some xp to gather. Will I get another skill point when I get the 1,696,500 xp? I have relogged and restarted game, it does not appear to be a display glitch.

Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 9.29.03 AM.png
501 x 181 - 52K

Comments

• SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,076Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    edited January 2016
    Congratulations on getting to level 78! Other than that, I got nothin.

Oh, wait -- from what I can tell, the max amount of XP that gets counted is 1,696,500. If there were more levels, going beyond that would take you up past level 78. However I think the skill point is only awarded right when you reach the next level, and since there are no levels beyond 78 that normal players can reach, then even when you get to 1,696,500 XP, you won't get another skill point.

Edited to add:
    Er, I mean, XP beyond 1,696,500 still gets accrued ... it just doesn't count towards anything.
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainPosts: 1,271Member
    Am I going crazy or did I see 139 deaths only?
  • DianeDiane Posts: 378Member
    Sirentist said:

Oh, wait -- from what I can tell, the max amount of XP that gets counted is 1,696,500. If there were more levels, going beyond that would take you up past level 78. However I think the skill point is only awarded right when you reach the next level, and since there are no levels beyond 78 that normal players can reach, then even when you get to 1,696,500 XP, you won't get another skill point.

Edited to add:
    Er, I mean, XP beyond 1,696,500 still gets accrued ... it just doesn't count towards anything.

ohhhhh, okay, thanks

I don't like dying :), almost all of those deaths are from when you had to use /die to get back to spawn, before we had a /sp command.
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤPosts: 1,361Member
    Diane said:

Sirentist said:

Edited to add:

ohhhhh, okay, thanks

I don't like dying :), almost all of those deaths are from when you had to use /die to get back to spawn, before we had a /sp command.
    I have way more than that but when I started we had the /sp command...
  • ElectroxElectrox Hidden AsylumPosts: 883Member
    My xp would allow me to get to around level 115 if there was no max level
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤPosts: 1,361Member
    I'd be at like level 9 million because I can
  • Zante107Zante107 Posts: 119Member

I died 11000 times...
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    Diane said:

Sirentist said:

Edited to add:

ohhhhh, okay, thanks

"all of those" Like that's sooo much! xD

I have a couple thousand deaths from that command. Like 2700 deaths. =)

@Oxidis is the only other person I knew of from the time who was very careful with his deaths.
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamPosts: 2,251Member
    I was told that you still get exp after level 78 so that you can still get daily loot.
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,076Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    KittyKupo said:

I was told that you still get exp after level 78 so that you can still get daily loot.

Yeah, you still earn xp -- it just doesn't count towards more levels or skill points. I think daily loot was added quite a while after the xp conversion, so I don't know for sure if it was a factor, but thank goodness you can still get the loots even after you max out on levels!
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    Sirentist said:

KittyKupo said:

Yeah, you still earn xp -- it just doesn't count towards more levels or skill points. I think daily loot was added quite a while after the xp conversion, so I don't know for sure if it was a factor, but thank goodness you can still get the loots even after you max out on levels!
    It was added after the conversion. That's why I missed out on so much good lootstuffs.
  • FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Posts: 1,379Member
    So you're that playa that constantly shoots me when I'm havin a good time with friends! How dare you kill thy Fresh one!

Also I would like to cause I have cause about 10 of your deaths.. And you remind me of ipades, you never die and you never run out of steam and always want to kill me weather with bombs or guns... What's next? Hatchets! Well too bad, @Sirentist already killed me with a hatchet. I may not be able to meet my kids now... I have to check with the doctor on Tuesday.
  • DianeDiane Posts: 378Member
    FreshX said:

So you're that playa that constantly shoots me when I'm havin a good time with friends! How dare you kill thy Fresh one!

Also I would like to cause I have cause about 10 of your deaths.. And you remind me of ipades, you never die and you never run out of steam and always want to kill me weather with bombs or guns... What's next? Hatchets! Well too bad, @Sirentist already killed me with a hatchet. I may not be able to meet my kids now... I have to check with the doctor on Tuesday.

Wait, me?

I've never killed anyone in the game, actually, I don't even have a percentage yet on that killing achievement, lolol

Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 10.08.36 AM.png
    473 x 440 - 82K