Giving use to "Keys"

LyvenLyven Shuttered PalaceMember Posts: 6,453
Please note that this is just an idea, and not the actual function of keys

World Keys
World Keys, from the name itself, will indeed unlock worlds, BUT, this wold is temporarily exclusive to whomever unlocks it for a certain amount of time.

The type of biome that the world key will unlock is random. You have access to more biomes as you level up.
Level 20 is the base level for you to be able to use a world key. Using it at this point will always give you a Temeperate Biome.
You unlock the Desert Biome at level 25.
You unlock the Artic Biome at level 30.
You unlock the Brain Biome at level 35.
You unlock the Hell Biome at level 40.
You unlock the Deep Biome at level 45.

In order to use a World Key, youll need to use it by using an Orange Portal. This will deactive the orange portal, turning it into a "Deactivated Portal". You can then use either 20 Large Blue crystals to transform it into a Teleporter, or use an Orange Crystal to turn it back into an Orange Portal.
To use, simply tap the Orange Portal while the World Key is in hand. Please note that the Orange Portal should be yours, and not any random Orange Portal.

When a world is unlocked, it will be temporarily private. You have no control over it, but you are the only one that can enter and leave it for a limited amount of time.
The base time alloted is 2 hours. Each time you level up, 1 minute and 30 seconds is reduced from the time alloted, meaning that if you are say, Level 50, then the time alloted for you is 45 minutes. The lowest alloted time will be 12 minutes, and it will not lower any more.
(If you endgame players are going to argue about the small amount of time to raid, please keep in mind that you are expected to be experienced and therefore, exploring in the most efficient way is something you should be experienced enough to know)

In the time alloted, you can do basically anything in this world, save for placing protectors. You are not allowed to place protectors in the world. The world is fully yours to explore or build on until the alloted time expires. Once the time expires, the world is refreshed, and it finally is available fo the public.

A new category labled "Unlocked Worlds" will show up in the world search. All worlds recently expired from the countdown will show up here for players to easily go into and explore whatever remains. Once a player uses his world key for the first time, a new subcategory will show up called "World Key Worlds". All the worlds that you currently unlocked via world key will show up there, until it expires.

Skeleton Keys
First of all, introducing "Locked Chest".

Locked Chests come in 4 different forms; Brass Locked Chest, Sapphire Locked Chest, Ruby Locked Chest, and Onyx Locked Chest.
You can use common sense to differentiate the rarity.

These chests can be found in any type of underground building but their chances of spawning is significatly lower.
Ruby Locked Chests can only be found as loot, in Paint Bunkers, Luxery Bunkers, and some select uncommon to rare underground buildings.

Onyx Locked Chests can be found completely randomly anywhere in the world and their chance to spawn is much lower than onyx themselves.
(If they were to exist in deepworld, i expect this particular chest's price value to be around 4-6 onyx)

Now for the loot contents.

Brass Locked Chest
Open: 1 Skeleton Key
25%= 150 Canisters
25%= 150 Jerkies
22% = 100 Power Jerkies
18%= Random Mk1 Gun
5%= 20 Blue Crystals
2.5%= 15 Red Crystals
2.5%= 15 Purple Crystals

Sapphire Locked Chesf
Open: 3 Skeleton Keys
25%= 500 Canisters
25%= 600 Jerkies
22%= 22 Blue Crystals
18%= 6 Random Large Mechanical Chest-Worthy loots
5%= 7 Diamonds
2.5%= 1 Random Mk2 Gun
2.5%= 1 Random Painting Higher Rarity than Smasheroid but lower Value than Leap Quest

Ruby Lockdd Chest
Open: 7 Skeleton Keys
25%= 65 Blue Crystals
14.5%= 35 Red Crystals
14.5%= 35 Purple Crystals
11%= 6 Large Red Crystals
11%= 6 Large Purple Crystals
9%= 18 Diamonds
9%= 1 Onyx
9%= 18 Random Large Mechanical Chest-Worthy loots
1%= 1 Random Painting higher rarity than Leap Quest

Onyx Locked Chest
Open: 15 Skeleton Keys
25%= 250 Blue Crystals
14.5%= 135 Red Crystals
14.5 %= 135 Purple Crystals
11%= 3 Random Mk3 Guns
11%= 5 Onyx
9%= 3 Onyx Kits
9%= 30 Random Large Mechanical Chest-Worthy Loots
9%= 2 Outlings
1%= 2 Notches

Ehh, feel free to edit these loots. I have no sense of value of items, and its late at night, so my brain is wonky.

Anyways, once these chests are unlocked, they will loose chain-like structures around it, and can be reused for decor.

Crown Store Bundles:
The timed explorer pack
5 Orange Teleporters
5 Orange Teleporters
Description: Want to explore a world but not completely own it? Grab this bundle and use it as you please. (Note: Can only be used when youre Level 20 and above)
Cost: 550 Crowns

Gamble Pack
16 Skeleton Keys
5 Brass Chests
2 Sapphire Cheafs
Description: Step right in and try your luck! Winner takes all!
Cost: 600 Crowns

Comments

• PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,547
    Some of the amounts of items on the chests are a little too highly, such as 30 mech chest loots on the onyx chests. Also, you misspelled locked when you were describing ruby chest loot.
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    PIPTR0 said:

Some of the amounts of items on the chests are a little too highly, such as 30 mech chest loots on the onyx chests. Also, you misspelled locked when you were describing ruby chest loot.

And world, not to be rude. And I've heard this idea or whatever was ditched. But I'd like to see some use in things I loot from chests.
  • VengeVenge Not from Earth, I think...Member Posts: 362
    edited January 2016
    World Keys? I do recall something about it...

In Fall 2014, new characters were given "home" worlds, consequently they can't access the H.M.S. Challenge II world. But the fact that this worlds are locked and can't be edited by the character, means you need a key. That key is the World Key.

Please do confirm if this is true.

Also...
    Great idea, I have many Skeleton Keys, and some World Key's just lying in the inventory.
  • ipadsipads Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,906
    I thought skeleton keys were for quests or something
  • CoolAsIceCoolAsIce Member Posts: 416
    In 2014, people would get a homeworld, they can do anything in it (Mini sized world) but not add players or change name. World keys would make them normal, unlocked home worlds. Some still exist today.

Skeleton keys already have a planned use as vaults, but for world keys, I suggest:

In unexplored worlds you can find specific teleportals called "Key Teleportals", these are repaired with world keys, when you repair them, you are teleported to a world where you can explore until it becomes 35% explored or after 12 hours.
    World chance:
    Mini temperate: Level 15, 75% chance.
    Temperate: Level 20: 50% chance.
    XL Temperate: Level 35: 10% chance.
    Mini desert: Level 20: 60% chance.
    Desert: Level 25, 40% chance.
    XL Desert: Level 40, 8% chance.
    Mini hell or brain: Level 25, 35% chance.
    Hell or brain: Level 30, 22.5% chance.
    XL hell: Level 45, 7% chance
    XL brain: Level 42, 7.5% chance.
    Mini arctic: Level 30, 27.5% chance.
    arctic: Level 35, 13% chance.
    XL arctic: Level 50, 5% chance.
    Mini deep: Level 35, 25% chance.
    Deep: Level 40, 12% chance.
    XL Deep: Level 55, 4% chance.

Exclusive rare biomes:
    Micro Ocean: Level 50, 2% chance.
    Micro space: Level 50, 2.5% chance.
    Micro jungle: Level 50, 2% chance.
    Doubled-loot temperate (Medium size, double paint bunkers, dungeon loots, no red chests, etc..):3.5% chance.

Also note that these teleportals will be RED with (Iron outline for rare, Brass outline for rarer, Diamond outline for rarest, and onyx outling for OMG SO RARE!!!!!!.) to match the world key's colour. these could be found where normal teleportals are found, there is a 75% chance that after you use the world key, they will just break and not give you a world.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,447
    Venge said:

World Keys? I do recall something about it...

In Fall 2014, new characters were given "home" worlds, consequently they can't access the H.M.S. Challenge II world. But the fact that this worlds are locked and can't be edited by the character, means you need a key. That key is the World Key.

Please do confirm if this is true.

Also...
    Great idea, I have many Skeleton Keys, and some World Key's just lying in the inventory.

I have a home world! I got it through a glitch when they were available. May start a project in one...
  • Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloMember Posts: 1,544
    Considering i have 900+ skele keys. I would probably be the richest player in dw if your idea actually happened
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalaceMember Posts: 6,453

Considering i have 900+ skele keys. I would probably be the richest player in dw if your idea actually happened

Youll still have to find or trade the chests, plus the rarer ones consume more keys than the less rarer ones
  • FallersFallers noisnemid esrever a nIMember Posts: 1,244
    Lyven said:

Please note that this is just an idea, and not the actual function of keys

World Keys
    World Keys, from the name itself, will indeed unlock worlds, BUT, this wold is temporarily exclusive to whomever unlocks it for a certain amount of time.

The type of biome that the world key will unlock is random. You have access to more biomes as you level up.
    Level 20 is the base level for you to be able to use a world key. Using it at this point will always give you a Temeperate Biome.
    You unlock the Desert Biome at level 25.
    You unlock the Artic Biome at level 30.
    You unlock the Brain Biome at level 35.
    You unlock the Hell Biome at level 40.
    You unlock the Deep Biome at level 45.

In order to use a World Key, youll need to use it by using an Orange Portal. This will deactive the orange portal, turning it into a "Deactivated Portal". You can then use either 20 Large Blue crystals to transform it into a Teleporter, or use an Orange Crystal to turn it back into an Orange Portal.
    To use, simply tap the Orange Portal while the World Key is in hand. Please note that the Orange Portal should be yours, and not any random Orange Portal.

When a world is unlocked, it will be temporarily private. You have no control over it, but you are the only one that can enter and leave it for a limited amount of time.
    The base time alloted is 2 hours. Each time you level up, 1 minute and 30 seconds is reduced from the time alloted, meaning that if you are say, Level 50, then the time alloted for you is 45 minutes. The lowest alloted time will be 12 minutes, and it will not lower any more.
    (If you endgame players are going to argue about the small amount of time to raid, please keep in mind that you are expected to be experienced and therefore, exploring in the most efficient way is something you should be experienced enough to know)

In the time alloted, you can do basically anything in this world, save for placing protectors. You are not allowed to place protectors in the world. The world is fully yours to explore or build on until the alloted time expires. Once the time expires, the world is refreshed, and it finally is available fo the public.

A new category labled "Unlocked Worlds" will show up in the world search. All worlds recently expired from the countdown will show up here for players to easily go into and explore whatever remains. Once a player uses his world key for the first time, a new subcategory will show up called "World Key Worlds". All the worlds that you currently unlocked via world key will show up there, until it expires.

Skeleton Keys
    First of all, introducing "Locked Chest".

Locked Chests come in 4 different forms; Brass Locked Chest, Sapphire Locked Chest, Ruby Locked Chest, and Onyx Locked Chest.
    You can use common sense to differentiate the rarity.

These chests can be found in any type of underground building but their chances of spawning is significatly lower.
    Ruby Locked Chests can only be found as loot, in Paint Bunkers, Luxery Bunkers, and some select uncommon to rare underground buildings.

Onyx Locked Chests can be found completely randomly anywhere in the world and their chance to spawn is much lower than onyx themselves.
    (If they were to exist in deepworld, i expect this particular chest's price value to be around 4-6 onyx)

Now for the loot contents.

Brass Locked Chest
    Open: 1 Skeleton Key
    25%= 150 Canisters
    25%= 150 Jerkies
    22% = 100 Power Jerkies
    18%= Random Mk1 Gun
    5%= 20 Blue Crystals
    2.5%= 15 Red Crystals
    2.5%= 15 Purple Crystals

Sapphire Locked Chesf
    Open: 3 Skeleton Keys
    25%= 500 Canisters
    25%= 600 Jerkies
    22%= 22 Blue Crystals
    18%= 6 Random Large Mechanical Chest-Worthy loots
    5%= 7 Diamonds
    2.5%= 1 Random Mk2 Gun
    2.5%= 1 Random Painting Higher Rarity than Smasheroid but lower Value than Leap Quest

Ruby Lockdd Chest
    Open: 7 Skeleton Keys
    25%= 65 Blue Crystals
    14.5%= 35 Red Crystals
    14.5%= 35 Purple Crystals
    11%= 6 Large Red Crystals
    11%= 6 Large Purple Crystals
    9%= 18 Diamonds
    9%= 1 Onyx
    9%= 18 Random Large Mechanical Chest-Worthy loots
    1%= 1 Random Painting higher rarity than Leap Quest

Onyx Locked Chest
    Open: 15 Skeleton Keys
    25%= 250 Blue Crystals
    14.5%= 135 Red Crystals
    14.5 %= 135 Purple Crystals
    11%= 3 Random Mk3 Guns
    11%= 5 Onyx
    9%= 3 Onyx Kits
    9%= 30 Random Large Mechanical Chest-Worthy Loots
    9%= 2 Outlings
    1%= 2 Notches

Ehh, feel free to edit these loots. I have no sense of value of items, and its late at night, so my brain is wonky.

Anyways, once these chests are unlocked, they will loose chain-like structures around it, and can be reused for decor.

Crown Store Bundles:
    The timed explorer pack
    5 Orange Teleporters
    5 Orange Teleporters
    Description: Want to explore a world but not completely own it? Grab this bundle and use it as you please. (Note: Can only be used when youre Level 20 and above)
    Cost: 550 Crowns

Gamble Pack
    16 Skeleton Keys
    5 Brass Chests
    2 Sapphire Cheafs
    Description: Step right in and try your luck! Winner takes all!
    Cost: 600 Crowns
    My reaction to the World Key idea:
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    I want a home world!! =(

shoves about 11 worlds under the rug
  • JakalopeJakalope Tiger Of Hell or DEEPSTYLE spawnerMember Posts: 130
    Wow Wow Really goods ideas wich @mikelaurence need to take a look :wink:
  • KinderQuaser20DKinderQuaser20D Member Posts: 187
    Jakalope said:

As jackalope said i really like this ideas to so.... Lets other see it {mikeluarence}
  • ChickenChicken Ignoring 5 year old llmmzzMember Posts: 880
    This could be a very interesting thing to add. I would enjoy seeing it in game! :)
  • LexiLexi EastMember Posts: 259

Jakalope said:

As jackalope said i really like this ideas to so.... Lets other see it {mikeluarence}
    Next time wait to Halloween to grave dig :blush:

Anyway I really don't want a use for Skeleton keys as at the moment i use it as a item that can't be placed or used , so I use it when I don't want my avatar showing anything in her hand I guess ;_;