Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Item Placement Limitations

SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,076Member, Moderator, Arbiter
edited February 2016 in Questions
Hi all, I've been updating the codex and wanted to double-check the various rules on placing certain items, especially those items that require the world to be explored to a certain percent or that must be a certain distance from spawn or other items.

Here's a rough list of the info I have so far:

- Spawners: world must be 75% (?) explored; can't be within 25 (?) blocks of spawn; as of Nov 2014, they no longer function in market worlds (1.21.0 release)
- Pandora's Boxes: world must be 75% (?) explored; any rules about spawn?
- Landmark Plaques: 75% (?) explored; must be 50 blocks from spawn & 50 blocks from each other
- Protectors (relative to spawn): can't place micro within 25 (?) blocks of spawn until world is at least 75% (?) explored
- Teleporters: 50 blocks from each other
- Plaques: 50 blocks from each other
- Bombs: CAN be placed anywhere (including protected areas) except behind world teleporters or teleporters
- Mines? any rules?
- Liquid Bombs: only in worlds that you own
- World Teleporters: only in worlds that you own
- Mass Teleporters & Spawners: only in worlds that you own
- Turrets: must be at least 25 blocks from spawn; as of Nov 2014, they no longer function in market worlds (1.21.0 release)
- Suppressors?
- Minigame Obelisks: only in worlds you own or are a member of

- Diamond Target Teleporter: can only link to explored areas of map; cannot link to a protected area? (unless you own the protector?)

Also, any rules about specific worlds -- for example, you can't place Pandora's Boxes in Times Square (can you place them in other dev-owned markets? in any markets at all?)

Are there other items with placement rules? If you happen to know a rule about an item, would you mind listing it here?

Thanks in advance for any clarification or additions you can provide!
Post edited by Sirentist on

Comments

• William2William2 Posts: 3,380Member, Arbiter
    Turrets cannot be placed within 25 blocks of a spawn!

And also, it's not an item placement limitation, but trading must be done 10 blocks away from the spawn.
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,076Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    William2 said:

Turrets cannot be placed within 25 blocks of a spawn!

And also, it's not an item placement limitation, but trading must be done 10 blocks away from the spawn.

Awesome, thank you, I'll add it to the list!
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member
    Mines; Any player that is not the one who placed it that enters within 0m will make it explode
    Bombs; can be placed anywhere except behind world teleporters or teleporters, and within the radius of a bomb supressor
  • DianeDiane Posts: 378Member
    Don't jetpack suppressors have some limits too?
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    Landmark plaques MUST be 50block from a spawn.

However, if you place the plaque first, then the spawn, it voids that rule.

Mines; Any player that is not the one who placed it that enters within 0m will make it explode
    Bombs; can be placed anywhere except behind world teleporters or teleporters, and within the radius of a bomb supressor

Diane said:

Don't jetpack suppressors have some limits too?

p1nkbr0 said:

Landmark plaques MUST be 50block from a spawn.

However, if you place the plaque first, then the spawn, it voids that rule.

Thanks, guys, have added the relevant info!
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,365Member, Administrator
    Minigame Obelisks - only in worlds you own or are a member of!

Minigame Obelisks - only in worlds you own or are a member of!

Added, thanks!
    Diamond target Teleporter will not work on areas that are unexplored
    p1nkbr0 said:

Added, thanks! Also ... you can't link them to protected areas that you don't own, right?
  • LASERBEAK12LASERBEAK12 Posts: 432Member
    Mines can't be placed in protected areas. Unless you own them.
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,432Member, Arbiter
    Should you include a note for teleporters that the limitation only applies to repaired/player owned ones? This then allows for teleporters to be placed at any distance of unrepaired teleporters.
    Sirentist said:

p1nkbr0 said:

Added, thanks! Also ... you can't link them to protected areas that you don't own, right?
    Never tried that... It might be a problem if I want to make a hub instead of a bunch of random blue teles...
  • ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Plastic BeachPosts: 220Member
    Wait my world is a market and most of my minigames use spawners that means they won't work?Ö

Wait my world is a market and most of my minigames use spawners that means they won't work?Ö

Hmm, I don't know! Maybe it's just the game-owned markets like Times Square? Maybe it's ONLY Times Square? Anyone know?