Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

What is the story of deepworld?

Cptn.TapperCptn.Tapper Posts: 34Member
I was bored and thought of making a "backstory" for my character. But I don't really know the backstory of deepworld itself, so I was curious as to what that would be.

Comments

• LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Posts: 1,165Member
    edited February 2016
    I think your best bet for the most accurate information would be straight from the codex! There are some pages under the "Lore" box that should tell you all about it (esp. "World's Fair" and "Apocalypse").
    http://www.deepworldgame.com/pages
  • Cptn.TapperCptn.Tapper Posts: 34Member

I think your best bet for the most accurate information would be straight from the codex! There are some pages under the "Lore" box that should tell you all about it (esp. "World's Fair" and "Apocalypse").
    http://www.deepworldgame.com/pages

Thanks! I shall check there now
    Lyven said:

Or you can read my shortened fairly accurate description of the history of deepworld:
    (The only legit lores there are the Apocalypse, the World Fair, and the Singularity)

World Fair:
    A bunch of scientists started making more science stuff. Then they discovered this thing called "Ectoplasm". Yup, that blue useless jelly collecting in your infinite backpack was the cause for the apocalypse, and basically everything that made deepworld, deepworld.

The scientists exploited that, and in large quantities, can make small intelligence, and created those robots and androids.

Then the most annoying mob in deepworld, brains (not crows), were formed. They are basically mutated human brains. They pretty much hypnotised scientists and government officils with small evilness in them to continue making deranged experiments as well as a few robots for minions. They created a vast secret network until the apocalypse happened.

Singularity:
    So those hypnotised started producing brain factories. Eventually, every single brain attacked, and destroyed capitals and such.
    Ofcourse, the people who made thee factories were arrested, even them not knowing hey were hypnotized.
    What remains of the government and few surviving cities made underground bunkers.(Apparantly, the lore says that brain teleportation was then invented, making them take over the world).
    Basically, everything, culture, history, etc about humans were destroyed by the eggheads, starting the apocalypse.

Apocalypse:
    Wackjobs (occults, etc) exists, because if you havent wiki'd ectoplasm yet, ectoplasm is basically ghost essence. These wackjobs increased in numbers, as well as their stuff (books, etc), forming the "Second Enlightenment".
    This movement was celebrated for advanced medics, robots, and industry.
    Then pollution took over and made everything acidic.
    Basically after that is a quote from a person who is a member in this Second Enlightenment.

There is no story for what this Second Enlightenment is..so yeah.

Thank you, this also helped

• p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    The game's lore has always been much darker than the game itself gives credit for. I wish it were to capitalize on that some more...
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    p1nkbr0 said:

The game's lore has always been much darker than the game itself gives credit for. I wish it were to capitalize on that some more...

Someone write a deepworld novel. Do it.

p1nkbr0 said:

Someone write a deepworld novel. Do it.
    That's one of my plans
  • Steve777Steve777 Jumping through time. 1 s/second.Posts: 1,233Member