Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Stupid V3 Question

SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,076Member, Moderator, Arbiter
Okay, so I was making the page about the Accessory Bar on the Codex and I went into a baby alt on v3 to see how the game dealt with unequippable items in the Accessory Bar, and I moved a pile of salt into an unused slot and now I can't figure out how to get it back out!

If I try to drag it back into inventory it doesn't work. I tried dragging it to the hotbar, and now it just appears in both the hotbar AND the Accessory Bar. How do I make the damn salt get out of my Accessory Bar? And out of my hotbar, for that matter? I don't want to trade it out with another item; I just want to completely REMOVE it from the Accessory Bar and hotbar.

Note: This alt has no accessories other than the steampack, so there are five (well, four now) empty slots in the Accessory Bar.

Comments

• p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    edited February 2016
    To remove items from your hot bar, drag a duplicate item (one that's already in the hot bar) from the MENU on top of the one you want to remove. It will remove the old item and move the other one into its new spot, leaving an open space.

So, drag your pick from the INVENTORY (not hot bar) pick over the salt. The pick will swap, and the salt will be removed.

I do not know if the same concept applies to accessories.
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,076Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    p1nkbr0 said:

To remove items from your hot bar, drag a duplicate item (one that's already in the hot bar) from the MENU on top of the one you want to remove. It will remove the old item and move the other one into its new spot, leaving an open space.

So, drag your pick from the INVENTORY (not hot bar) pick over the salt. The pick will swap, and the salt will be removed.

I do not know if the same concept applies to accessories.

I was all stoked to go try this and ... NETWORKING ISSUES!

-shakes fist at server-
  • jellysnakejellysnake http://jellysnake.net/Posts: 6,328Member
    One issue I had was with not using the latest version. It stopped me from being able to add or remove accessories.

Are you sure you are using the latest version?
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,076Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Ahhh, it worked! I dragged the steampack from my inventory onto the rogue salt ... even though I already had the steampack equipped in the Accessory Bar. Panel. Whatever it's called on v3. And it replaced the salt, jumping the equipped steampack to the salt slot. Very counter-intuitive! I don't think I would've thought to try it on my own.

Thank you for the tip, @p1nkbr0!

(I am using v3.3.3)