Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does a private world go Locked when you do /wpublic?

VesuviusVesuvius IGN : TeruPosts: 252Member
I really need to know, i'm confuzzled

Comments

• lisalisa ice cream parlorPosts: 5,129Administrator
    What do you mean by locked?
  • BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Posts: 2,329Member
    If the world is already Public,it will indeed switch to Private.
    If Private,it will change to Public

(as i'm aware)
  • VesuviusVesuvius IGN : TeruPosts: 252Member
    lisa said:

What do you mean by locked?

As in that the world is public but you have to add people to build
    OH yes so private/public and protected/unprotected are two different things. BUT if your world is ever set to public and unprotected you cannot go back to private and/or protected. I think I said that not confusing.
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,085Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    I think if you set a private world to unprotected, even if you never make it public, you cannot go back to protected, either. Not sure though because I've never tried it! But yeah as long as you've never made it unprotected, you can go back and forth between private and public as much as you want.

Bonus fun fact: once you make a world public, if you make it private again, it will show up in your private worlds as having a padlock on it (vs. private worlds that you never made public, which don't have padlocks).
    /wpublic is an on or off command that is dependent on publicness. If you are protected when you change to public you should be able to change back. SHOULD lol. ;)
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Posts: 1,246Member
    Sirentist said:

I think if you set a private world to unprotected, even if you never make it public, you cannot go back to protected, either. Not sure though because I've never tried it! But yeah as long as you've never made it unprotected, you can go back and forth between private and public as much as you want.

Bonus fun fact: once you make a world public, if you make it private again, it will show up in your private worlds as having a padlock on it (vs. private worlds that you never made public, which don't have padlocks).

Ohhh, that explains the state of my world list.
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activePosts: 501Member
    Your world wont be destroyed if you change it to public at least if you don't use the /wprotected off command that is irreversible at that point to change it back to protected
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,381Member, Arbiter
    Sirentist said:

English version:
    /wpublic makes the world so that anybody can come in but only people you add as members can mine/place
    /wprivate makes the world private so that only people you add can see it
    /wprotected off makes the world so that anybody can mine and place, and it cannot be changed back.
  • LorthrashLorthrash Posts: 616Member
    Good thing I've never unprotected my world before