Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

/Passive

/passive

- Doing /passive will make you immune to players and bombs.
- This will also make you unable to harm other players.
- Players in /passive will have their name in a shade of blue.

Uses

- Don't want to be killed while exploring?
- Don't want to be killed while building?
- Don't want to be killed while talking?
- Don't want to be killed while trading?
- Don't want to be killed?
Trivial facts
• Players may only do this once every 30 minutes
• The duration will last 30 minutes and cannot be toggled off.

Comments

• SmoothySmoothy LeamingtonPosts: 637Member
    So it's like the admin's God-Mode? I'm not sure about the part that it cannot be toggled off but this sounds helpful.
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member
    edited February 2016
    Smoothy said:

So it's like the admin's God-Mode? I'm not sure about the part that it cannot be toggled off but this sounds helpful.

The trade off is that you can't harm others. Added the toggle so that it can't be taken advantage of. Could add more trade offs like not being able to harm mobs.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member
    Don't really think that dying in a non-PVP world is much of an issue.

Now if we made it so that bombs don't damage players (besides the user) in PVE, then thats a good idea.
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthPosts: 684Member

Doesn't have to be a minor or major issue. Would like a way for me to not be killed if I don't want to.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member

Doesn't have to be a minor or major issue. Would like a way for me to not be killed if I don't want to.
    Theres always shields.

However we could also make bombs not damage players in PVE, as that is the only method of killing players outside of PVP.
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalacePosts: 6,453Member
    I always thought that if a world is not in pvp, then simply reduce all damage received from bombs by 50%, and that mines will retain their same damage capabilities, but only placable in worlds 75% explored.

Heck, i dont see the use of mines other than plain trolling, since mobs dont activate them.
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,432Member, Arbiter
    It seems like people can still exploit this by spawning in mobs to deal damage. Albeit it is far slower than bombs, damage is damage.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,087Member, Arbiter
    toadlover said:

It seems like people can still exploit this by spawning in mobs to deal damage. Albeit it is far slower than bombs, damage is damage.

Shade Mushrooms? No need for mobs
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,432Member, Arbiter
    p1nkbr0 said:

toadlover said:

Shade Mushrooms? No need for mobs
    Weren't they updated to not explode after an incident with a notorious dungeon thief ruining the game for many players?