Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windmore RP world [PREVIEW]

GrebebeGrebebe 2Fab4UPosts: 1,007Member, Arbiter
What if I told you shillings weren’t useless, but instead are quite the opposite as they could allow you to take your Deepworld adventure to a whole new level... If you’ve ever heard about Windmore, you should know that the above can be true, and if you haven’t yet heard of it, I encourage you to keep on reading.

So what is Windmore you ask? If I were to answer briefly, I would say it is a steampunk-themed world designed to bring use to some of those items who just sit in your inventory pointlessly. Are you interested to know more?

Alright here it goes then:

Windmore is a role-play world. If you don’t like role-playing, you will probably not like this world and the idea behind it. But rest assured, I’m sure your mind could change.

I’ll start explaining what this role-playing is about in a second, but I’ll first briefly explain how the world is structured:
The world is public-protected, with the upper third of it (the sky until approximately 50 down) owned by me. The rest of the world will be where members of the world will be able to build. It is organized with plots, which means that members are not allowed to build freely, wherever they want and however big they want. Now onto the actual explanation of what’s the deal with the role-playing part.

Basically, anyone is qualified to become a citizen of Windmore -- for a fee. No I’m not asking for onyx or crystals, but rather something I’m sure you wouldn’t mind giving : shillings. You will be asked to give a fixed amount of shilling every week, to keep your citizenship.

What’s the point of being a citizen?
Citizens have certain rights:
-The right to participate in Windmore’s events (building contests, item hunts, pvp competitions, and more) [More info about events later]
-The right to use shillings as a currency to buy items in the Windmore shop (visit the shop to know more about what is available)
-The right to buy a plot in the world
-The right to have a job (Miner, Lumberjack, Builder, Gardener, Hunter, and more to come) [More info about jobs later]

Okay so now that you know what citizens are, and their privileges, you might be wondering why all of this could be worth it. Well, there is more to the world, and this comes with a system of points inspired by the credit system in Gilby’s worlds and such.

I’ll start by telling what those points are good for, and then I’ll inform you on how you can obtain them.

1) Points? Why?
Points will be used to determine the winner after a couple months played in Windmore. Basically, every 3 months, the citizen with the most points will be awarded onyx, or even better stuff (according to how much stuff I can give). Every winner of what we’ll call “Windmore Season“ (3 months) will go to the Windmore Hall of Fame, which, you know, is a great honor. So every 3 months, the citizens’ points will go back to the default value of 0, and a new season starts.

2) Okay, so how can I get those points?
There are many ways to obtain points:
-Win Windmore’s events (which will occur regularly). Some of the events are: building contests, item hunts in the world, pvp events, and more to come.
-You can also get points by doing quests given twice per week, according to your field of choice: Miner, Lumberjack, Builder, Gardener, Hunter (more to come). You are free to change your specialization anytime, just know that the more tasks you complete in a certain job, the more points you get for tasks in that perticular job!
-Defending the city: every once in a while a pandora will be open in the city, and any brave citizen can decide to defend the city. The winner of the pandora will be awarded points. The player who has the most pandora wins becomes Windmore’s Champion, and has a very special privilege which I will go over later.
-Owning a plot and entering raffles: there will be raffles organized regularly between all of the plot owners in the world (which can be bought with shillings in the shop), the prize being points (mainly). Regular citizens who haven’t bought any plots cannot enter those raffles.

But that is not it, and here’s where the tricky part comes... The person with the most points becomes Windmore’s King. However awesome the position of King might sound, being the King is very dangerous...
If a citizen kills the King (you have to take a picture of the chat dialogue which states that you killed him and send it to me), that citizen will steal half of his points! HALF! So whoever’s the King must be aware of his surroundings and play safely!
Remember the champion? (The status of champion is awarded to the citizen with the most pandora wins during defend the city events) Well he has a special privilege... The ability to duel the King with no possible refusal. The Champion can decide to organize a duel against the King to kill him, and therefore steal half of his points. However, choosing to duel the King will cost the Champion his pandora wins, as they will reset to 0, and he will therefore resign from the position of Champion. It is important to note that a King cannot be the Champion aswell!

So to summarize , citizens of Windmore will compete against -- or with-- each other to have the most points at the end of the season. The citizen who has the most points at the end of the season gets the reward, and a spot in the Hall of fame! Win points by joining events, raffles, competitions, and completing quests!

Okay so I think I explained everything you need to know about Windmore. For more precise information on specific aspects of the world, you may want to go to Windmore and teleport to the tutorial zone. Please feel free to suggest anything down below, maybe criticize (as long as it’s constructive criticism)
Remember, this world is all about trying to bring use to shillings and other for-now-useless items there are in this game. I am not trying to rip you guys off of whatever. I just thought this could be entertaining to some of the experienced players who are bored with Deepworld’s “classic” playstyle, and others who are just looking for an adventure :).

Unfortunately, this world is not close to being finished yet. I still have to mine the bottom 2 thirds of the world and organize everything in the world to make this happen. This is why I wanted to talk about it before -- I want to know if this is a project worth pursuing or not. I don’t have much free time myself, so I would not pursue such an ambitious project without being sure that it would be worth my time -- and yours. For that I am now asking: is anyone interested in joining the game eventually? If so, is anyone willing to help me make it happen? (I would need help clearing the bottom area of the world, and for organizing everything, and changing up the game if needed/adding stuff to it. Any feedback would be highly appreciated, sincerly!

Comments

• FlynnXDFlynnXD Posts: 1,235Member
    Pretty good idea! I'd join and I'd help as much as I can too!
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 OblivionPosts: 2,246Member
    I am so interested in joining it's not funny, I was ready to join after reading that first (maybe second as well) paragraph. Also if you need ANYTHING, let me know. I would be willing to help with anything you need to get this idea up and running.
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamPosts: 2,252Member
    This sounds really awesome. I'd LOVE to join this.
    Also if you want things cleared out, that's my favorite thing to do. I'm working on clearing another world at the moment, but I'm getting closer to finishing and I'd love to help clear your world. :3

The shilling idea is great too! I had actually been trying to figure out a way to motivate people to use shillings for something.
  • GrebebeGrebebe 2Fab4UPosts: 1,007Member, Arbiter
    Thank you!! I'm glad to see that the idea's appreciated, and most of all, thanks for offering your help! I'll just wait until I get more opinions before adding anyone to the world
  • AuraAura EnglandPosts: 5,075Member, Arbiter
    This sounds great!

While I'm not quite as active as other players, I wouldn't mind joining or helping out? I'm mainly a builder so...
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Posts: 956Member
    edited April 2016
    I don't like the idea of paying monthly or yearly, how about a one time fee?

EDIT: This is due to my über extreme inactivity.

I don't like the idea of paying monthly or yearly, how about a one time fee?

EDIT: This is due to my über extreme inactivity.

Thank you for your feedback! I think however that weekly fees are a better choice here since it would force citizens to regularly check in the world, and will ultimately increase the activeness of the world. In addition to that, I wouldn't think it is too much of a problem since the citizens (i.e: those who pay the fee) are most likely aiming for the competitive aspect of the world, which is to have the most points, thus would visit the world regularly anyway.

Maybe I could have different options: a costly 1 month fee (something like 1.5k shillings), for those who really can't stand being forced to come regularly, and a standard weekly fee, which would have a much more reasonable price (maybe about 250 shillings per week), but as a "downside" would push you to put in xtra effort :)
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Posts: 1,247Member
    Whoa, that's complex! I'll be happy to help clear stuff if I run into you online. It'd be great to see shillings being less useless.
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,382Member, Arbiter
    I'd LOVE to participate in this! I really hope you finish it!
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Posts: 4,453Member, Arbiter
    I only got like uh...7k shillings...(R.I.P.) If I get more tho, I'll join up. Best of luck, this sounds like a neat concept.
  • LorthrashLorthrash Posts: 616Member
    Really great idea and a good use to shillings! I would love to help :smile:
    I have ONE problem with this. I have constantly given my shillings away to those who wanted them, and as a result I have about... 11 or so. I don't even know how I got the ones I DO have. Can us shilling-less people have another option to pay? Or get a loan? :P
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Posts: 1,247Member
    KittyKupo said:

I have ONE problem with this. I have constantly given my shillings away to those who wanted them, and as a result I have about... 11 or so. I don't even know how I got the ones I DO have. Can us shilling-less people have another option to pay? Or get a loan? :P

I'll give you shillings. I've got at least 9999. :D
    KittyKupo said:

I like this idea, if someone doesn't have shillings, they can take a "loan" out for a certain amount of shillings, they would have to pay back the shillings in a certain amount of time with a certain amount of interest, if the loanee can't pay back the loan on time, they are not allowed to "join" the world or join in any events until the loan is repaid. What do y'all think?

KittyKupo said:

I'll give you shillings. I've got at least 9999. :D
    Haha thank you! I promise to stop giving them away :P
    KittyKupo said:

KittyKupo said:

I like this idea, if someone doesn't have shillings, they can take a "loan" out for a certain amount of shillings, they would have to pay back the shillings in a certain amount of time with a certain amount of interest, if the loanee can't pay back the loan on time, they are not allowed to "join" the world or join in any events until the loan is repaid. What do y'all think?
    Sure, I think an option for a loan is a good idea! Thank you!
  • DaCreatorDaCreator In a secret missile launch base inside of Earths corePosts: 93Member
    I would really want to be a part of this and help as much as possible. My ign: Sulfide
  • FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Posts: 1,383Member
    Shillings will be useful in the future! So leave dem alone! They're SPECUL
    Update for anyone wondering if progress is being made:

-I have created a forums for the game, as I figured it would be an easy way to store information regarding everyone's stats (number of points they have), announcing events, and information in general. It's a WIP, but is pretty much done by now.
    Address: windmorerp.hol.es
    Note: there's no point really into joining it now as the world isnt finished so there won't be anything posted there yet. Feel free to visit it though!

-I am currently finishing the builds on the upper part of the world so it looks nice and complete. There's still much to do, but since Windmore's my precious little world, I'd still rather finish all the building on my own. (sorry Aura) Progress is relatively slow, and I'd say I'm at about 40%, 100% being complete.

-I am looking for giga protectors, as I need to protect the all of the upper part of the world. I need about 12, so if anyone's selling some I'd be glad to work out a deal!

-To everyone who's offered their help, I am very gratefull. I must however say that I cannot add anyone yet, as the upper part of the world isn't yet fully protected, and since I don't know all of you, it's hard for me to trust anyone not to take anything. I will add you once I have all of the required giga protectors, I very much hope you will not loose your motivation to help by then!

I'm hoping to have it open for testing and membership by the time summer break starts! Anyone who's 100% sure to want to join the "beta test", please speak up as it would help me visualize how many people I can expect. Thanks! :)

I volunteer as tribute!!!

I would like to sign up to be a beta tester please.

I volunteer as tribute!!!

I would like to sign up to be a beta tester please.

You got it! thanks!
  • LorthrashLorthrash Posts: 616Member
    I'd be glad to sign up as a beta tester. I'm in :smile:
  • cheese17cheese17 Deep inside the crater of a block of swiss cheese in your refrigerator waiting to strikePosts: 172Member
    I'd love to be a beta tester!
    My ign is Cheesealicious :D
    I'd like to help as well :)
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Psssst ... over here ...

-ducks in alley-

I got some gigas for ya
    Sirentist said:

Psssst ... over here ...

-ducks in alley-

I got some gigas for ya

ooooh, you rock Siren :)
    Lorthrash said:

I'd be glad to sign up as a beta tester. I'm in :smile:

cheese17 said:

I'd love to be a beta tester!
    My ign is Cheesealicious :D

KittyKupo said:

I'd like to help as well :)

gotcha! thanks guys and gals!
  • SmoothySmoothy LeamingtonPosts: 642Member
    You always amaze me with your worlds Grebebe. If you need any help at all or need a beta tester I would be glad to help you out.
    IGN: Smoothy.
    Smoothy said:

You always amaze me with your worlds Grebebe. If you need any help at all or need a beta tester I would be glad to help you out.
    IGN: Smoothy.

Awesome! Thanks!!
  • HazmanaHazmana At The Krusty KrabPosts: 548Member
    Maybe we can set up a community in Minecraft to actually have a country or city state like yours to have its own laws, etc etc. I actually like doing this, I build cities... And play patriotic music to make the scene more intense. Hehe. I built the city square for soldiers to March, to bad there there aren't any other people to join in and make the city alive. I just play some marching music at the square, while villagers walk around. Hehe.