Deepworld Clicker Game

JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Studying for greatnessMember Posts: 790
So, I decided I'd start making something like cookie clicker for Deepworld, I plan to make it for pc first, I hope it turns out well, I will keep you guys updated, tell me what you guys think of this idea and if you have any ideas tell me.
I'm mainly doing this project to better practice with saves(If anyone here has any experience with Unity's save data system I would love some help), once I grasp the full concept I will make the game into the best it can be. So far I know little about the save system but I hope to learn from youtube videos. I'm using this project for learning and fun, much like how I used my last project for learn how health bars and move, collide and ai physics worked. This project will be nonprofit and have 0 in game purchases.

Comments

• KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamMember Posts: 2,219
    Ha, sounds fun! I'll definitely play it :)
  • ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Member Posts: 67
    This is more then I thought I thought of making a minigame of cookie clicker IN deepworld with the same mechanism as a calculator but less very intresting!
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 Making a BLT with extra bacon because I can.Member Posts: 2,182
    edited May 2016
    Pm me, I can help with the saving, I have used it multiple times for several different things.

I am actually getting to the point where I am fairly experienced, I ALMOST have an app ready to release to the App Store.

I will do anything I can to help you learn. :smile: good luck!
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtueMember Posts: 520
    RELEASE IT FOR STEAM LATER PLEASE XD
  • -CRYSTAL-KING--CRYSTAL-KING- I quitMember Posts: 1,161
    I won. Seriously, this game is amazing! Its so addictive...
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Studying for greatnessMember Posts: 790
    Hay guys, so for the game I'd like to take a few ideas up so i can get a better feel for what others want. So, I already know which order things will go and how things will work, but I'm wondering, should I use a crafting system that ultimately gets you an item than gives a money income which builds up to go to a new biome, or should I just make it a money system all together, what I mean by this is should collect like 3 wood be like $6 and a then getting some diamonds be like $40 and it would randomly generate materials(rares being rare of coarse), or should I make it so lets say you get 5 woods, 6 resin and 18 dirt you could increase your pickaxe or tool level for faster mining? I'm not sure what the setup should be, with crafting it could become laggy because so many variables would be serializing at once, but with the money system only a couple things would save, what do you guys think? I dont want to create a game others wont play, so any ideas about how I should set this up would be great, I've gotten a lot of help and I'm very appreciative, but what do you guys think this deepworld tycoon should end up being like?
    The menu looks great!
    edited June 2016
    Setting up the UI is gonna stump me for the next few days while I figure out a sorting system, but for now theres a inventory that opens and closes, shows values and is super mixed and unsorted. This will be interesting with 100 variables for each function cx
    Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 10.21.27 AM.png
    691 x 594 - 289K
  • AlvarilloxAlvarillox EspañaMember Posts: 58
    -España/Spanish-

@JusticeGaming Te reconozco el esfuerzo empleado pero... ¿Le has pedido permiso a @mikelaurence permiso para usar ciertos elementos copiados de su trabajo?
    Tal vez a el le de igual y te diga que no le importa, pero de todos modos hay que preguntar por respeto al trabajo que hacen los demás creo yo

-English/Inglés-

@JusticeGaming I acknowledge the effort that you've used, but have you asked permission to @mikelaurence permission to use games elements copied from your work?
    Perhaps to the le peer- and tell you that you don't, but anyway there ask for respect to work make others think I

-España/Spanish-

@JusticeGaming Te reconozco el esfuerzo empleado pero... ¿Le has pedido permiso a @mikelaurence permiso para usar ciertos elementos copiados de su trabajo?
    Tal vez a el le de igual y te diga que no le importa, pero de todos modos hay que preguntar por respeto al trabajo que hacen los demás creo yo

-English/Inglés-

@JusticeGaming I acknowledge the effort that you've used, but have you asked permission to @mikelaurence permission to use games elements copied from your work?
    Perhaps to the le peer- and tell you that you don't, but anyway there ask for respect to work make others think I

Yeah, it might be a good idea to ask mike, but I'm pretty sure as long as the game is free, it won't cause any problems. You might want to PM mike and ask, just in case :3
  • AlvarilloxAlvarillox EspañaMember Posts: 58
    -España/Spanish-

@Justicegaming tienes talento. Te aconsejo crear una web/app con una base de datos de todos los objetos y rares del juego en la que se pueda consultar su precio. Ponte en contacto con usuarios con experiencia en la compra y venta de objetos en los mercados y con ello proporcionar un mantenimiento continuo de los precios. Cuanto mas fiables sean los precios mas se correrá la voz y se hará muy popular. Tengo muchas ideas para esa web/app y si estas interesado en saber mas al respecto puedo contarme todas mis ideas.

-English/Inglés-

@Justicegaming got talent. I advise you to create a web\/app with a data base of all objects and rares in the game in which you can consult your price. Get in touch with users with experience in the purchase and sale of items in markets and thus provide a continuous maintenance of prices. The more reliable so prices will run voice and it will be very popular. I have many ideas for the web/app and if are interested in knowing more on the subject I can tell me all my ideas.
    edited June 2016
    I told Mike I was doing the project, no response : 3
    Therefor unless I get contacted I'm going to continue with the intent of learning how to use save data in unity, if I do end up getting contacted I have great pixel art skills lol. Last time I checked fan made games where perfectly fine, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure there's a thread specifically for giving out Deepworld sprites for fan art and fan made games posted by Mike, anyways, unless I get a response in the pm I sent when I first started the project I'm going to continue and learn and eventually post what I've made hopefully. : 3
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 Making a BLT with extra bacon because I can.Member Posts: 2,182
    Speaking of which, how is the saving going? Did what I send you help at all? @JusticeGaming
  • Dr_DerpDr_Derp tejasMember Posts: 752
    Here's a little something to help with your project, it's the official DeepWorld art kit uploaded by the developers. You can use them as long as you follow the license included inside.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s3qjac9n6s4k3sn/AABpMmivG6X3Ov5Uf_dW8XACa?dl=0
    Dr_Derp said:

Here's a little something to help with your project, it's the official DeepWorld art kit uploaded by the developers. You can use them as long as you follow the license included inside.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s3qjac9n6s4k3sn/AABpMmivG6X3Ov5Uf_dW8XACa?dl=0

I already have this but thanks!

Speaking of which, how is the saving going? Did what I send you help at all? @JusticeGaming

And yes, I just need to take the time to stop working on UI setup and start working on actual scripting, it was my hope to set up the game and then work on saving last but I'm not sure. The code you sent was very helpful, I don't understand C# as well as I do JS though so its going to be a bit before I'm going to get saves to work.
    Working on drop-down sorting and crafting scripting now for the game, everything is coming together well, the first download will probably be out very soon.
    edited June 2016
    Working on a music system now! Collecting records with custom songs can be used on a craftable phonogragh. Any ideas for songs?

Anybody who has songs they might want in the game just pm me or even tell me here, I will try to get in contact with the creators of the songs and make some sort of deal, just leave the songs name and possibly the artist and that should be enough for me.

Just a little ingame info.

Crates: I have set up a crate system that allows you to open a large variety of chests and crates. These all have special items inside, sacks containing things like resin and flax and crates containing stuff like metal materials and stuff. I plan to have red chests and mech chests contain things like songs, buffs, rare items that sell for a lot of shillings and having a slight chance at legendary pets, tools and possible even a skill book to increase your xp.

Leveling: Much like in Deepworld there will be skills. Leveling up will give you one point to spend. Each skill has a unique buff from collecting more from one item, obtaining rarer blocks, or even mining faster.

Pets: Pets will give a buff, such as Tibbers the dog, who gives 2.5% extra mining speed, that might not seem like much but will play a serious role late game.

Rebirthing: This allows full restarting but with a new item each time. Once you hit 1 Decillion shillings you will be able to open something called the Reborn Chest. This gives eco parts such as a piece of the purifier, expiator, composter, recycler, etc... Each piece will have its own unique effects which allow faster progression, the idea is to make the cost grow exponentially higher each rebirth, it will clear all items and shillings but will keep your pets and your songs.

Crafting: Crafting will open up several gate ways to new features, whether you want to play your music on a gramaphone, build an electric cannon to kill that pesky ghost who flys around the screen or even building yourself a tesla coil to mine a block automatically every 5 seconds or a collector to make rarer blocks appear.

Inventory: I have some more sorting things to work out but, the overallness of it looks good, it will display all owned items from crafted items to looted items.

Just a little note about crates: No there not gonna be micro purchased things, I don't plan on having any purchases at all, I might try to figure out Unity ads eventually so that like watching a video can give a buff(According to the fan made package monotization is allowed). Crates, chests, sacks etc... will be mineable. They will appear at very low chances and give you the item in the chests tab. They will be openable by using a key which can also be mined at random(high chance from finding in flax). These keys will be fairly common but there will be hard to obtain keys as well for opening Large Red Chests and Large Mechanical Chests.

So ya, theres what the main idea is for now, most of this is finished except for the pets and crates, crafting is something new to me so I plan to create several pages of craftable items to get a better understanding but at the same time making the game fun and exciting and making it last more than 5 minutes for someone!

eta: Few grammar mistakes
    record.png
    400 x 400 - 140K
    personally I would try to get country music. its good music and MOST of it is pretty clean. I mean, you don't want a game on the app store that has music that's a cussin and a swearin.

Some of my favorite songs right now are: Head Over Boots (not sure of the artist, he's fairly new, I think), House Party (Sam Hunt), Me and God (Josh Turner), and others, but these are what I can think of right now.
    KittyKupo said:

I think you should go with more atmospheric music, something with no words.

ya, you're not wrong, I just don't know the name of any atmospheric music, lol
  • perplexingplatypusperplexingplatypus 9 3/4 Deepworld street, Memevile, Ios, 4815162342Member Posts: 390
    Might want to do a google search for royalty free music. There's plenty out there.
    I already got default music set up to be atmospheric but sense I have about 100 different records set up I was hoping to get a large genre of music, if you like listening to techno or something like that while rapidly clicking you could, well that was the original idea anyways haha.

Heres a example of the music sorting I have set up

I will go through adding stuff I can get permission on, but recommending songs would be great, thanks for your help guys.
    Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 7.51.58 AM.png
    182 x 197 - 11K
    Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 7.51.51 AM.png
    185 x 198 - 12K
    Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 7.51.40 AM.png
    184 x 193 - 11K
    edited June 2016
    Setting up resource sell prices. Now theres a traveling merchant setup where every so often at random with a 10% chance every 2 minutes a new merchant will take the place of the normal merchant for 5 minutes before they depart, this allows opportunity to sell your items for a more expensive price and at the same time buying them cheaper at some shop. Buying yourself 100 onyx at the android merchant and then selling to the ghost merchant would be very profitable. Its my hope that this will add a new way to make money unlike other clicker games where there isn't a "stalk market system" setup. Just an idea at the moment but will be released in the first beta release of the game. Here's a list below to show the prices I have for the moment. I plan to have several special buy-ables for these merchants. For example, the spelunking merchant will sell a special pickaxe for a huge price, or the ghost merchant might have a android crate. It will all have a random function. Something I plan to add to the merchants is a system similar to the Borderland's item of the day shop machine feature. I plan to have a setup so that merchants have a special item of the day. This will vary from selling common resources for a cheaper price than usual to having up to legendary and mythic items. I've also added a feature so that items have a color rarity. They vary in the order of, white, gray, green, blue, purple, orange, teal, red, yellow, black and rainbow. Every item will be obtainable but most will vary. Questing will also be a thing to allow a better xp gain system but for now there will be a achievement milestones system for that extra push for the next level up.

So here's the shop prices setup I have currently.

Normal Shop
    Earth- $1
    Copper- $3
    Zinc- $5
    Lead- $8
    Diamond- $25
    Onyx- $1000
    Compost- $10
    Chromatic- $250
    Iron- $12
    Quartz- $26
    Beryllium- $85
    Flax- $6
    Resin- $10
    Stone- $2

Android Merchant
    Earth- $1
    Copper- $50
    Zinc- $15
    Lead- $5
    Diamond- $50
    Onyx- $850
    Compost- $15
    Chromatic- $500
    Iron- $50
    Quartz- $30
    Beryllium- $100
    Flax- $5
    Resin- $8
    Stone- $4

Spelunking Merchant
    Earth- $3
    Copper- $6
    Zinc- $8
    Lead- $12
    Diamond- $75
    Onyx- $1250
    Compost- $15
    Chromatic- $280
    Iron- $15
    Quartz- $30
    Beryllium- $150
    Flax- $12
    Resin- $13
    Stone- $9

Ghost Merchant
    Earth- $1
    Copper- $2
    Zinc- $2
    Lead- $3
    Diamond- $500
    Onyx- $3000
    Compost- $1
    Chromatic- $500
    Iron- $1
    Quartz- $2
    Beryllium- $12
    Flax- $2
    Resin- $1
    Stone- $1

Brain Merchant
    Earth- $5
    Copper- $8
    Zinc- $8
    Lead- $9
    Diamond- $45
    Onyx- $800
    Compost- $1
    Chromatic- $165
    Iron- $25
    Quartz- $48
    Beryllium- $125
    Flax- $16
    Resin- $18
    Stone- $3
    Post edited by JusticeGaming on
    @JusticeGaming
    Just saying, this clicker game seems to already excite me more than 99% of the other clicker games I've played. I can't wait to try yours, it seems very complex!
    PIPTR0 said:

This is friendly criticism, I just want your game to be the best. The one thing that turns me away from a lot of games is bad spelling/grammar, and this is very insignificant, and you probably already know this, but it is "lead" not "led"

Ya sorry, fast typing in 30 minute finals classes, its not spelled that way in the game, sorry about that.
    edited June 2016
    Pets are for the most part set up, I plan to make them all pretty silly, going to add at least 25 pets so that you people who like collecting can get a nice variety. Here's whats setup so far, Desc means description and stacks means you can get as many as you want with no limit.

-Brain Pet(Desc: Zap, Zap, he’s a big, green, ectoplasm machine. +1 ectoplasm every 15 minutes)(stacks)
    -Terrapus Pet(Desc: Pretty much useless, poor Terry. +.1 dig speed)(stacks)
    -Brass Cat(Desc: Lazy but handy. +2 crate luck)(stacks)
    -Brass Dog(Desc: A mans best friend. +50 Carrying capacity)(stacks)
    -Lil' Block O' Earth(Desc: WILLSOOOONNNN!!!! +1 block mined every 25 seconds)(stacks)
    -Ice Worm(Desc: Is it just me or does it feel bit chilly in here? +2 luck skill)(No stack)

This is not the full list, just a small amount of whats completed. I have the UI working with variables so that it shows the modifiers at the bottom and at the same time shows your pets. I might add a buy and sell feature but for now the pets can be randomly found in any crate. Sacks will have a small chance of giving "pet parts" which can be used to craft Brass Cats and Dogs in the crafting tab.

Just to add onto this post, I created some consumables with modifiers, I will let all that be testable when the beta is released though as its a very, very long list.
    As an example, a common item Jerky will give %150 extra mining speed for 3 seconds, it exponentially growing for every other consumable and so on. Some like skill books will add skills etc.
    Post edited by JusticeGaming on
    edited January 17
    Well, half a year later here we are, I basically gave up on Unity and its nonsense and have sense changed over to other software. I am now using a private license on a private software called Zero! Its exciting, and I now have a very great understanding of its custom language built off C and Java called Zilch. After taking a class for 3 hours a day sense the beginning of school I have come to better understand programming, art work, etc.

So here we are. I said I'd make this project and had most the basis done with unity before my PC kermitted and ruined the hopes and dreams of this game. I plan to work on this project with spare time and rush out and early build to see if people can even run Zero built EXE's without a private licensed editor and what not.

If anyone would be willing to give it a try and tell me if it worked for them comment on here and I will prepare a build of something simple like a message that pops up saying "Hello world".
    When I get around to coding it I will be adding cheat codes, anyone willing to test this will receive a few special codes just for them if they wish, whether that be a bonus amount of shillings or a special pet or what not.

Thanks for reading through this and hope to regain support of this project once again as it will be a great way to have a little fun and get back into the Deepworld community at long last, thanks guys!
  • EverywhenEverywhen pressing the comment button makes all comments on activity disappear - debator 2k17Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,650