Competition #13: Hattery Flattery (SUBMISSIONS HAVE ENDED! STAY TUNED FOR VOTING INFO)

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,956
1.) We apologize profusely for the long, long wait on the Pixel Art competition. We are moving forward towards judging on that now!
2.) We also apologize for the delay on some of the Fashion Funtimes winners. Those outfits will begin appearing again as loot & shop items shortly!
3.) That said, let's launch a new competition that's fun and quick to officiate and get this ball rolling again!

So without further adieu, we present the Hattery Flattery competition, a creative competition to come up with a fantastic set of new headwear to launch in-game!

RULES:

1.) Submit ORIGINAL drawings/renderings of hats, headwear, glasses, masks, and any other head- or face-related apparel in this thread.
2.) Your entry must not be very similar to an existing Deepworld item (e.g., the "Mad Hatter" hat or a tinfoil hat, etc.)
3.) Your entry must not have been submitted in a previous apparel competition, but previous Fan Art is acceptable (if it was never submitted to an apparel competition such as the Fashion Funtimes competition).
4.) The developers will narrow down the entries for voting, and all players will be invited to vote on their favorites. Winners will receive crowns and inclusion of their design in-game.
5.) Standard participation terms apply - basically, we don't own your art, but by posting it here, you give us an eternal, worldwide, irrevocable license to use the art in marketing materials (e.g., here in the forums), and as the basis for our art team to integrate the art into Deepworld (which we then DO own, and you do NOT own).
6.) Submission period will end in two weeks on June 27th at 12 PM CST.
7.) Multiple entries are allowed, as long as they vary somewhat! (e.g, not twenty of the same hat in different colors)

NOTES:

1.) High-quality artwork will often get the most oohs and ahhs from everyone, but we also judge based on creativity. A number of Fashion Funtimes winners were rather "basic" in their aesthetic, but excellent in their creativity!
2.) The rules may change as people ask questions and we clarify the details, so we may update the rules text here (we will also post responses to questions in the thread).
3.) Go nuts! LET'S MAKE SOME HATS!
Post edited by mikelaurence on

Comments

• mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,956

Question: In the Fashion Funtimes competition, we were allowed to submit more than one entry. Does that hold true for this competition, too?

Yep, as many entries as you like, as long as they vary somewhat! (e.g., not twenty of the same hat in different colors).

• HazmanaHazmana At The Krusty KrabMember Posts: 548
    How's mine? :3 right away I drew these cuz I wanna impress -wink wink-
    image.jpeg
    3684 x 3014 - 1M
    image.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 1M
    image.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    image.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 1M
    AMWhy said:

Three ideas I came up with on my lunch break.

ONG, SEXYYYYYYYY. U definitely beet me.
  • ClueboeClueboe The AoD Headquarters... Wherever it is...Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,301
    Is there a limit to the number of entries?
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,450
    Hazmana said:

Ram Horns are already in the game I believe.
    Clueboe said:

Is there a limit to the number of entries?

No limit as long as they vary!

Hazmana said:

I don't think so. Those are Diablo horns...

Here's another I drew.. Influence from AMWhy cuz mine looked like crap ( it looked like crap because the drawing of the avatar looked like crab ) but here it is
    image.jpeg
    2292 x 2379 - 742K
    image.jpeg
    2087 x 2083 - 653K
    image.jpeg
    2821 x 3011 - 1M
  • vmh20vmh20 Member Posts: 640
    edited June 2016
    I present, the brain hat! I was inspired by those hats with the 2 strings on the sides, and mini brains.
    image.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 1M
  • LexiLexi EastMember Posts: 259
    do hairstyles count or no? @mikelaurence
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,104
    THESE ARE SO GOOD!!! Continue.
  • XL_L0NEW0LF_xXL_L0NEW0LF_x Member Posts: 432
    Are the crowns enough to buy an mini/regular arctic world?
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,450
    Hazmana said:

Hazmana said:

I don't think so. Those are Diablo horns...

Here's another I drew.. Influence from AMWhy cuz mine looked like crap ( it looked like crap because the drawing of the avatar looked like crab ) but here it is
    Ah I see, they looked really familiar that's why.
  • XL_L0NEW0LF_xXL_L0NEW0LF_x Member Posts: 432
    Here are my ideas! Tell me if u want them coloured or want them drawn separately or drawn better!
    image.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M

Here are my ideas! Tell me if u want them coloured or want them drawn separately or drawn better!

If you have the time, color definitely helps everyone understand the ideas better :)
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming I don't know but please helpMember Posts: 803
    My last entry for a bit, with that new fossil update out why not have some people running around in "Murderous Rex" masks. Good luck to everyone in this competition, so far the entry's from everyone look awesome

REX_DEEPWORLD.png
    216 x 216 - 16K
  • NichoxNichox Jakarta,IndonesiaMember Posts: 2
    drawing is my weakness,but i can make a chart so i make a hat with a chart on top of it
    my inspiration is come from stock chart i guess,btw good luck all !!!
    IMG_20160614_180711.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 3M
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,110
    Very glad that a new competition has started ! And here's my first entry:
    The brainiac ! ( if there is something similar to this already implemented please let me know, thanks. )image
    image.png
    2048 x 1536 - 2M
    edited June 2016
    Gabster said:

A new competition! And a cool one too, I have a couple of ideas for this. I will also have some free time, as I finish high school this week! Also going to apologise now if I post something that has been posted on a previous competition, I haven't done it on purpose!
    Here is my first entry, The Feather Hat.

I like how you "toonified" the character head sprite for your entry. Pulls the idea together nicely!
  • LilyabcLilyabc YouTubeMember Posts: 539
    pysora said:

well, here are what i kinda drew, i tried using a drawing app that kinda sucked.. would've preferred to use a pencil and piece of paper but its 10 o clock at night, I figured i would do it another day. here we have a bear cap, (personal favourite), lady bug headband, and a handkerchief tied on a head, like what a captains crew would wear.

I luv it!!!
  • GabsterGabster Where tea rules supreme Member Posts: 1,129

Gabster said:

A new competition! And a cool one too, I have a couple of ideas for this. I will also have some free time, as I finish high school this week! Also going to apologise now if I post something that has been posted on a previous competition, I haven't done it on purpose!
    Here is my first entry, The Feather Hat.

I like how you "toonified" the character head sprite for your entry. Pulls the idea together nicely!
    Thank you! It was mostly by accident, I used your head sprite as my reference but I didn't want to do all the fancy shading, I'm so lazy. I think it came out okay though!

This discussion has been closed.