In light of current events in the real world

lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,105
I just wanted to take a minute to remind everyone, every single one of us, to be kind to each other. To remember we are each individuals trying to occupy the same overcrowded space. To remember we don't know what anyone else has actually been through and at the end of the day we could each use a nice warm hug and a gentle, "I appreciate you". Love each other and be safe.

Feel free to comment below with happy words and thoughts. This isn't a place for a political debate, however. Regardless of your politics, it is pretty clear things are broken and we need more love and light out there. <3

Comments

• SmoothySmoothy Definitely not drinking a Smoothie ATM...Member Posts: 636
    edited July 2016
    I don't really know what happened, but I hope everythings okay. Anyways - :heart: :heart:
    Post edited by Smoothy on
  • FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,328
    Smoothy said:

I don't really know what happened, but I hope everythings okay. Anyways - :heart: :heart: :cookie:

There were some unfortunate shootungs over this past week involving cops and victims. Prayers sent to both families. I don't know the heart emoji put picture me posting the biggest heart ever.
  • LadySkrillexLadySkrillex At coachellaMember Posts: 791
    I saw Casey Neistat's video on YouTube, and I think that's what she means
  • CleoAdkins007CleoAdkins007 Land of OzMember Posts: 1,112
    I wholeheartedly agree, we all need to spread more kind words and thoughts and try to make the world a better place. We don't know what other people are going through, so it's best to show compassion and respect to everyone we meet. Happy Friday! :blush:
  • Rasen_Kyugan_FoxRasen_Kyugan_Fox GroundedMember Posts: 702
  • SpashiSpashi Member Posts: 2
    It's Friday Friday gonna get down on Friday hope you guys have a great Friday too
  • KimmykittymasterKimmykittymaster ~ Currently Stalking People ~Member Posts: 46
    Potatoes are not an insult unless they've done something to you.
  • AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 996
    There are many issues in the world right now with families being destroyed over silly things, like the colour of your skin or the religion you belong to. You could liken it to a kindergarten classroom, where one child is vilified by the others because he likes green instead of red, or because he likes the wrong Pokemon character. It seems, as far as we have come as a species, we still have a long way to go.

Having said that, there is so much good in the world to focus upon. Just last week, we successfully put a satellite into orbit around Jupiter! That's more impressive than any trick basketball shot you've ever seen! Due to advances in medicine, people are healthier and live longer than ever before. Illiteracy rates and poverty are being reduced worldwide. Country by country, we are becoming more tolerant of others and equality for all is shining through.

Prejudice is dying. If we all take some time to understand the differences we have, and realise that on a grander scale we are all the same, then we may just eradicate prejudice once and for all.
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,371
    I find this a heartwarming topic. the world is a pretty dark place at the moment, let's not make it more hard for ourselves here. Let's not hold grudges towards eachother for stupid things like sexual preferences, skin color, religion or whatever. Let us respect eachother and love eachother.

Now I know this is an old song, and I've posted it before on my wall and it is rather popular this day due to some recent unfortunate events, but the message of it is Beautiful. A world where we are all equal and not divided. I hope someday the world will live as one. Much love to all of you ❤️❤️❤️

• ipadsipads Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,914
    edited July 2016
    This is so nice. I live in Dallas, so it hit me pretty hard when I heard what had happened.
    Everyone should be kind to each other no matter what, no matter gender, race, sexuality, anything. Lots of love to everyone <3
    Post edited by ipads on
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 470
    I lurk alot, so you probably don't know this, but I think you're all wonderful, lovely people! I like to check the activities and forums pages just to see your thoughts and discussions. Being crazy awesome is a good thing and you all have it in spades (particularly if you're fossil hunting). So even if I'm not saying anything, that's what I'm thinking. I've never been committed to an online game for so long, and it's because of you all :blush:
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,692
    Naruto Quote:

When we lose someone precious to us, hate is born. Vengeance is the product of that hate and so death follows. But in death there is only more death. This will give rise to more pains. In this cursed world we live in, it is a cycle of hatred that will not cease. You and I seek the same thing that Jiraiya-sensei wanted. Let me ask you this: How will you confront this hatred in order to create peace?
  • -CRYSTAL-KING--CRYSTAL-KING- I quitMember Posts: 1,161
    FreshX said:

but picture me posting the biggest heart ever.

• RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,327
    Let's always have a moment to cherish and love the people surrounding us because you dont know how long they'll be with you
  • NerevarineNerevarine Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the space-time continuum...Member Posts: 3,599
    Seeing this thread...
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activeMember Posts: 495
    Everyone is unique in his/her own way.
    We need to appreciate each other no matter who we are.
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,371
    edited July 2016
    And here we are one day later, 1200 injured and 200 deaths after a military coup in Turkey.

It may sound a little repitive but also to the Turkish people here, much strength and love wished. It's truly horrible what people can do to eachother.
    Post edited by tjergoz on
  • EtherealEthereal Eating Chocolate Chip Cookie DoughMember Posts: 136
    #LoveMeDaddy
  • ChicaChica Welcome to your new home Kiwi! Member Posts: 28
    This is such an amazing discussion. We must be good to each other. When I was younger, I was made fun of a lot for my ethnicity and seeing now, with all the problems in the world, I truly feel this is an important concept for people to understand. I pray for all those families
  • Rasen_Kyugan_FoxRasen_Kyugan_Fox GroundedMember Posts: 702
    Chica said:

This is such an amazing discussion. We must be good to each other. When I was younger, I was made fun of a lot for my ethnicity and seeing now, with all the problems in the world, I truly feel this is an important concept for people to understand. I pray for all those families

Do not gravedig, k?
    ^indeed. Sadly this thread is almost always relevant tio
  • ChicaChica Welcome to your new home Kiwi! Member Posts: 28

Chica said:

Do not gravedig, k?
    Not sure what gravedigging is...
    Chica said:

Chica said:

Do not gravedig, k?
    Not sure what gravedigging is...
    Gravedigging is posting on old threads for no particular reason. For example simply commenting "cool". We try to discourage gravedigging to prevent clutter on the forums.

Meaningful contribution to the topic, such as your post, is NOT gravedigging and is 100% ok.

Hope that cleared things up
  • AviatrixAviatrix Wardrobe, NarniaMember Posts: 70
    "To remember we are each individuals trying to occupy the same overcrowded space." ....Times Square.

Other than that, I agree, spreading peace is the best thing to do when political or social disasters occur.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,366
    Make your heart a big red-man!