A Small Thread of Our Appreciation

LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Member Posts: 1,165
edited August 2016 in Feedback and Game Ideas
Happy August! I am so thankful to have the life I have with my family and my friends and my iPad. Thanksgiving is only one day; it's not long enough for me to think of every single thing I am thankful for! Not to mention it feels so very far away. Since a lot of my family was born in August, August is my month of appreciation. This year, I'm going to create a thread where we can appreciate the little things of Deepworld that we usually don't think about. I'm going to post a new thing to appreciate everyday on this original post, so keep checking back!

30 August
Deepworld works great for big buildings like skyscrapers and factories and mansions and just as well for quaint little houses and mini games and pixel art! It doesn't matter which you prefer to build because no one really criticizes how well you build if you don't ask for it. Building is like an oasis because there really aren't too many downsides to it. It's too bad only a handful of the common peoples use building to "get away" from stress!

If you have anything you're thankful for about the game, tell us!
Post edited by LittyKitty on

Comments

• SmoothySmoothy Definitely not drinking a Smoothie ATM...Member Posts: 636
    edited August 2016
    I'm thankful for Sirentist's comment. ^
    But in all seriousness, I'm thankful for this great community.
  • ChickenChicken Ignoring the 10-year-old couple llmmzz and derpdeeMember Posts: 944
    I can tell I will be visiting this thread often! So much happiness and cheer. I wish every thread could be like this one. :wink:
  • William2William2 Farewell!Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,377
    I'm thankful that we have @lisa, the best admin a game could ever have!
  • CleoAdkins007CleoAdkins007 Land of OzMember Posts: 1,112
    I'm grateful for all the non-scamming, non-trolling people who try to make Deepworld a better community, no matter whether they've been playing for 3 weeks, 3 months or 3 years. Happy August everyone!
  • SpyroSpyro Sometimes I miss the top of the food chainMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,649
    I am grateful for the existence of Deepworld!

Thanks to some of the people I met in Deepworld, I am way better at my grammar comparatively to what it looked like in 2012, and other players have influenced my own personality a lot. Deepworld overall made me a better person, I guess.
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activeMember Posts: 495
    I am thankful for this amazing community and game.
    The community in general is always there to help you and is always very nice!
    Deepworld is just my favourite game on phone! This game has given me a lot of things that I will always be saying thank you for it!
  • CleoAdkins007CleoAdkins007 Land of OzMember Posts: 1,112
    Grebebe said:

I'm thankful that you're in this community. I know I haven't personally talked to you much, but you always come up with the sweetest little ideas (for example, the fortune thingie project, which is fantastic) and you're just adorable in general (always a positive attitude!). So yeah, thanks for spreading your positive-ness here!!

I believe the word you're looking for is positivity? :joy: Oh, and I couldn't agree more!!!
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    You guys are cool.

• BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Member Posts: 2,303
    i am grateful to be in this community
  • EtherealEthereal Eating Chocolate Chip Cookie DoughMember Posts: 136
    I am greatful for my friends who I've made on deepworld, I love them like family :)
  • AthenaAthena Somewhere over the rainbow.Member Posts: 765
    A pistol works great!
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Member Posts: 1,165
    In case you missed it...

1 August
    Have you ever noticed how the flame on the candle actually swayed a little bit? I never really paid much attention to those common items. I think it's really cool that the developers didn't just draw something and be like, "They'll understand it's a candle. Who cares if it looks good?"
  • FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,328
    I'm thankful that a friend who used to play, TheRagingFish.V2, was there for me when I needed help during the early days of Deepworld when I first joined. It was rough.
    In case you missed it...

2 August
    I love the reindeer antlers because they resemble music notes! A musician myself, I couldn't have thought of a better way to incorporate a tiny bit of music into the game. Unless you can put a flute into the game, of course.
    I think there might be more musical instruments coming "soon."

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    edited August 2016
    In case you missed it...

3 August
    I love the fact that you can change your hair color to any color, anywhere, and at any time. Do you know how difficult it is to bleach hair and then try to put color on it? You have to be careful it doesn't stain, and it takes so long. Not to mention it is expensive. And the color usually fades after a while. But here, I can change color in less than two seconds and don't have to worry about fading or wasting time!
    edited August 2016
    In case you missed it...

4 August
    I like the fact that you can't use emojis in Deepworld. Maybe it's just me, but I hate reading text that is smothered with emojis. I prefer the ordinary colon + parenthasee and X + D, y'know, the classics!
  • NerevarineNerevarine Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the space-time continuum...Member Posts: 3,599
    I'm thankful for this game and community. It has changed my life. I'm not kidding.
    Also the way I discovered this game and community is by pure butterfly effect.
  • HuanlinHuanlin Member Posts: 18
    I'm thankful for those of you who help others out and put others' learning above yours. I've raided dungeons where other newer characters were just dying off of the brains! I couldn't help it but stay back and help them out. Also, I also appreciate the people out there who not only help others out, but expect nothing in return. You guys are the best! Stay helpful, don't be greedy!
    ~Huanlin
    edited August 2016
    In case you missed it...

5 August
    I love how quickly you can mine in this game. On games like Minecraft, breaking blocks is so slow. Even glass takes a while to break. But Deepworld is different, and it saves me so much time! That's probably one of the reasons why I'm still playing this game; because I can get a lot more done in less time.
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtueMember Posts: 520
    William2 said:

I'm thankful that we have @lisa, the best admin a game could ever have!

Im grateful that we have @lisa's brains!
    The most delicious admin brains a game could ever have!
    In case you missed it...

6 August
    Deepworld's pets have always been a favorite feature of mine. They are my best friends!

And because I missed it (sorry!)...

7 August
    It's so cool that a lot of the items can be used or displayed as multiple different items. For example, the ores can represent a multitude of different things! Some of the alternatives I usually use are copper for pet food, pet bowls as plates, and wood for a stack of books!
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,692
    I'm thankful for all of you :)

And that we're all friends and can enjoy Deepworld together!
    Deepworld has been a giant part of my life over the last 3 or so years (even if I don't get in game that much anymore)

So thanks everyone, and kudos to @LittyKitty for this thread!

In case you missed it...

6 August
    Deepworld's pets have always been a favorite feature of mine. They are my best friends!

What are the other terrapus' names?
    There's Yikes the Yellow and Blitz the blue, but what are green and red?
    edited August 2016

In case you missed it...

6 August

What are the other terrapus' names?
    There's Yikes the Yellow and Blitz the blue, but what are green and red?
    Gary the Green and Rose the Red. (:

In case you missed it...

8 August
    I came across this dungeon once and I thought to myself, "grr, now I actually have to raid this dungeon the right way." But then I noticed that a lot of the dungeons that spawn today are actually quite complex. The mechanics in Deepworld are so fun to mess around with!
    In case you missed it...

9 August
    This whole world! In conjunction with the codex and my friends, I learned just about everything I needed to know in Deepworld when I was new! It is a nice introduction to any new player, and I think that any new player who needs a brief explanation/preparation should be directed here to come and learn a few things.