Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Reminding What Gravedigging Is

FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Posts: 1,379Member
Hello everyone! I decided to take a pause on whacking so I can remind evening what gravedigging really means, what it is and some tips. Gravedigging has recently been an issue with some current forumies as well as many new players. So let's begin.

1.) Gravedigging is only when a person comments something that does not help or have anything to do with the discussion that hasn't been commented on for over a while. Saying something like "I really like it!" or "This reminds me about my vacation at Delaware." are perfect examples of gravedigging. If you like an idea, then press the like button or the agree button. No need to make the old dusty thread come back to the front page because you just had to say how you love or hate what is going on in the thread.

2.) Bumping is when a person comments something useful to the conversation that haven't been brought up in a while. If the thread is about let's say a lag issue and someone makes a useful comment, that is not gravedigging, yet it is bumping. It can be very confusing however this will help you remember.

3.) How do you know if a thread is old or not? The answer is very simple, check the dates! If it is August 26 and the thread hasn't been commented on since May 14, that means the thread is old and no one is talking about anything on the thread. This is where rule one comes in.

4.) If you are one of those people (not calling names) who always comments on threads from months ago, STOP IT. You may not realize this but everytime an old thread is commented on, it is brought back up to the first page where the new threads are and they are now being moved around because you had to open an old thread.

5.) If you are constantly being told to stop gravedigging, do not take it as hatred or harrassment. It is your community reminding you to stop doing something for the sake of everyone. You can't get mad at anyone for telling you to stop doing what pisses people off, and if you think I am wrong, than go take some suppositories and shove it. I am not kidding.

There it is! Just a simple little reminder for everyone to remember for what the term, what how it happens and tips for gravedigging! I hope this helps you understand gravedigging better.

So Happy Halloween everyone! Remember to not take candy from any white vans!

You may now return to your whacking and tricks.

Comments

• vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaPosts: 879Member
    Talking about grave digging on Halloween eh?
  • ScribbzScribbz (L)MIRLPosts: 626Member
    edited October 2016
    Posted a forum related meme that was beyond offensive ... though it is a funny meme. :D
  • FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Posts: 1,379Member
    Scribbz said:

Posted a forum related meme that was beyond offensive ... though it is a funny meme. :D

Send it to me please :lol:
  • CleoAdkins007CleoAdkins007 Land of OzPosts: 1,142Member
    Thank you so, so much for taking the time to put it into words. Hate when people gravedig or accuse people of gravedigging when they actually aren't.
  • TheNonOPTerrarianTheNonOPTerrarian Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomPosts: 34Member
    Accusing people of grave digging is basically grave digging themselves, Saying stop grave digging isn't going to help because you know it will continue over and over. I am not trying to sound rude but if I have to, I will...
  • FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Posts: 1,379Member

Accusing people of grave digging is basically grave digging themselves, Saying stop grave digging isn't going to help because you know it will continue over and over.

You can't call it gravedigging when someone is telling another not to gravedig. If no one tells the person to stop then they will think it is fine to do and keep going. We will always see threads from 2013.

I am not trying to sound rude but if I have to, I will...

Don't try, just don't. Once you start being rude then we will have a problem. And I don't f*ck with that.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,119Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Helpful hint.
    If someone has posted a duplicate of another post, simply copy paste a link to the old post!
    As it's the bottom post, it'll direct people to the right one.

C:
  • TheNonOPTerrarianTheNonOPTerrarian Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomPosts: 34Member
    FreshX said:

Accusing people of grave digging is basically grave digging themselves, Saying stop grave digging isn't going to help because you know it will continue over and over.

You can't call it gravedigging when someone is telling another not to gravedig. If no one tells the person to stop then they will think it is fine to do and keep going. We will always see threads from 2013.

Don't try, just don't. Once you start being rude then we will have a problem. And I don't f*ck with that.
    It''s irritating to the first point, You know that this is just a form of drama, If you don't like it when people bring back old posts, why don't you ignore them? Why is it so hard to just leave them be?

FreshX said:

It''s irritating to the first point, You know that this is just a form of drama, If you don't like it when people bring back old posts, why don't you ignore them? Why is it so hard to just leave them be?
    And for another thing, so what? Just let them do it. You aren't making the situation any better by telling someone to stop something, its a form of stupidity, no offense, that you just cannot leave them be, Deal with it. You have the brain power to ignore it.

FreshX said:

And for another thing, so what? Just let them do it. You aren't making the situation any better by telling someone to stop something, its a form of stupidity, no offense, that you just cannot leave them be, Deal with it. You have the brain power to ignore it.
    Now we ve a catch 22. If we leave them alone, then they keep doing it thinking it's fine. If we tell them to stop, it's also gravedigging. Matter a fact, it's NOT gravedigging. There's no catch 22 in this situation. If some gravedigs and the person telling them to not gravedig is not gravedigging. It's a comment that is telling the person to stop so they know for the future. Brain power has nothing to do with this. And most of the time, when someone is told to stop the first few times, they stop. So really, your argument is invalid.
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainPosts: 1,271Member

FreshX said:

Gravedigging fills the homepage with old discussions and that is really annoying.
    I'm gonna bump this up so any new forumers can see this.

I'm gonna bump this up so any new forumers can see this.

Good idea!
  • Cpt_FluffyBottomCpt_FluffyBottom At the foot of your bedPosts: 705Member
    I wanted to wait a year and post "This."
    bump
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,058Member
    Grave digging is bad, kids!
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersPosts: 651Member
    RedMan said:

The irony of this is beyond me
    Debator said:

RedMan said:

Debator said:

RedMan said:

Not really, I bumped it so any new forumers can see this

Debator said:

RedMan said:

Debator said:

RedMan said:

Not really, I bumped it so any new forumers can see this
    I didnt quote nor mean you
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,058Member
    Debator said:

RedMan said:

Yeah, that was a horrible 49 minute gravedig!
    RedMan said:

Debator said:

RedMan said:

Yeah, that was a horrible 49 minute gravedig!
    Wasnt the point, my lord ;)
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 1,366Member
    This is very useful. People gang up on others for bumping a useful thread sometimes.
    I think this thread deserves a promote
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,211Member
    Great read. Thanks for the info.
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Posts: 953Member
    I find this very interesting. :p
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,211Member
    Does this only apply to "evening"?
    FreshX said:

Hello everyone! I decided to take a pause on whacking so I can remind evening what gravedigging really means, what it is and some tips. Gravedigging has recently been an issue with some current forumies as well as many new players. So let's begin.

1.) Gravedigging is only when a person comments something that does not help or have anything to do with the discussion that hasn't been commented on for over a while. Saying something like "I really like it!" or "This reminds me about my vacation at Delaware." are perfect examples of gravedigging. If you like an idea, then press the like button or the agree button. No need to make the old dusty thread come back to the front page because you just had to say how you love or hate what is going on in the thread.

2.) Bumping is when a person comments something useful to the conversation that haven't been brought up in a while. If the thread is about let's say a lag issue and someone makes a useful comment, that is not gravedigging, yet it is bumping. It can be very confusing however this will help you remember.

3.) How do you know if a thread is old or not? The answer is very simple, check the dates! If it is August 26 and the thread hasn't been commented on since May 14, that means the thread is old and no one is talking about anything on the thread. This is where rule one comes in.

4.) If you are one of those people (not calling names) who always comments on threads from months ago, STOP IT. You may not realize this but everytime an old thread is commented on, it is brought back up to the first page where the new threads are and they are now being moved around because you had to open an old thread.

5.) If you are constantly being told to stop gravedigging, do not take it as hatred or harrassment. It is your community reminding you to stop doing something for the sake of everyone. You can't get mad at anyone for telling you to stop doing what pisses people off, and if you think I am wrong, than go take some suppositories and shove it. I am not kidding.

There it is! Just a simple little reminder for everyone to remember for what the term, what how it happens and tips for gravedigging! I hope this helps you understand gravedigging better.

So Happy Halloween everyone! Remember to not take candy from any white vans!

You may now return to your whacking and tricks.