Competition 14 - Holiday Cheer - SUBMISSIONS OPEN UNTIL NOV 13th at 12 PM CST

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,010
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

...and, hey how about another competition! It's approaching holiday season, so let's come up with some sweet Thanksgiving, Christmas, Festivus, and/or Saturnalia items!

RULES:

1.) Submit ORIGINAL drawings/renderings of items or apparel in this thread.
2.) Drawings must be in COLOR
3.) You may submit a MAXIMUM of 5 entries for this competition

REGULATIONS:
1.) Your entry must not be very similar to an existing Deepworld item (e.g., the "Mad Hatter" hat or a christmas tree.)
2.) Your entry must not have been submitted in a previous competition, but previous Fan Art is acceptable
3.) The developers will narrow down the entries for voting, and all players will be invited to vote on their favorites. Winners will receive crowns and inclusion of their design in-game.
4.) Standard participation terms apply - basically, we don't own your art, but by posting it here, you give us an eternal, worldwide, irrevocable license to use the art in marketing materials (e.g., here in the forums), and as the basis for our art team to integrate the art into Deepworld (which we then DO own, and you do NOT own).
5.) Submission period will end on November 12th at 12pm
6.) Multiple entries are allowed, as long as they vary! (e.g, not twenty of the same hat in different colors)

NOTES:

1.) High-quality artwork will often get the most oohs and ahhs from everyone, but we also judge based on creativity. A number of Fashion Funtimes winners were rather "basic" in their aesthetic, but excellent in their creativity!
2.) The rules may change as people ask questions and we clarify the details, so we may update the rules text here (we will also post responses to questions in the thread).
3.) Go nuts! LET'S MAKE SOME HOLIDAY CHEEEEEER!
Post edited by mikelaurence on

Comments

• awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    Cool, is this competition only for Christmas entries or can holidays like Easter and the 4th of July also be entered?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,010

Cool, is this competition only for Christmas entries or can holidays like Easter and the 4th of July also be entered?

Winter holidays only (anything after Halloween and before Valentine's day, not including either).
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951

Winter holidays only (anything after Halloween and before Valentine's day, not including either).
    Might be a redundant question, but can it be "winter themed" only (non-holiday winter)?
  • ChickenChicken Waiting to laugh when the space biome is delayed Member Posts: 997
    Oh no....drawings. I'll do my best! :D
  • Android2_0Android2_0 Member Posts: 214
    Oh boy, I suck at drawing but I am gonna give this a go maybe...
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Member Posts: 1,191
    I'd like to see some things that can be placed on a table. Mug for hot chocolate? Turkey platter? Teapot and cups? Fancy glassware?
  • ClueboeClueboe The AoD Headquarters... Wherever it is...Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,301
    Would a clothing set count as one entry or three?
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 711
    Alright! I'll get to work... Tomorrow..
  • _DarkPrince__DarkPrince_ (┛°□°) ┛︵ ┻━┻ Yᵒᵘ Oᶰˡʸ Lᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉMember Posts: 125
    edited November 2016
    I'm really bad when it comes to edit,photoshop a art :weary: I'll stick with drawing it :tongue:

Also can I do what I did last time just draw allot and put them all in 1 picture? @mikelaurence
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,010
    Clueboe said:

Would a clothing set count as one entry or three?

One.

I'm really bad when it comes to edit,photoshop a art :weary: I'll stick with drawing it :tongue:

Also can I do what I did last time just draw allot and put them all in 1 picture? @mikelaurence

You can, but we'll only allow five total items/clothings in the one picture.
  • JeanieJeanie FacebookMember Posts: 87
    Is there a program site that you can use to create these drawings?
  • ScribbzScribbz (L)MIRLMember Posts: 627
    Jeanie said:

Is there a program site that you can use to create these drawings?

MS Paint
  • _DarkPrince__DarkPrince_ (┛°□°) ┛︵ ┻━┻ Yᵒᵘ Oᶰˡʸ Lᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉMember Posts: 125
    I tried my best :tired_face:
    IMG_0748.JPG
    960 x 1280 - 302K
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 512
    When you say items or apparel, does that mean that it's more than just clothing? Are place-able objects included? (I might be reading too much into this)
  • KinderQuaser20DKinderQuaser20D Member Posts: 190

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

...and, hey how about another competition! It's approaching holiday season, so let's come up with some sweet Thanksgiving, Christmas, Festivus, and/or Saturnalia items!

RULES:

1.) Submit ORIGINAL drawings/renderings of items or apparel in this thread.
    2.) Drawings must be in COLOR
    3.) You may submit a MAXIMUM of 5 entries for this competition

REGULATIONS:
    1.) Your entry must not be very similar to an existing Deepworld item (e.g., the "Mad Hatter" hat or a christmas tree.)
    2.) Your entry must not have been submitted in a previous competition, but previous Fan Art is acceptable
    3.) The developers will narrow down the entries for voting, and all players will be invited to vote on their favorites. Winners will receive crowns and inclusion of their design in-game.
    4.) Standard participation terms apply - basically, we don't own your art, but by posting it here, you give us an eternal, worldwide, irrevocable license to use the art in marketing materials (e.g., here in the forums), and as the basis for our art team to integrate the art into Deepworld (which we then DO own, and you do NOT own).
    5.) Submission period will end on November 12th at 12pm
    6.) Multiple entries are allowed, as long as they vary! (e.g, not twenty of the same hat in different colors)

NOTES:

1.) High-quality artwork will often get the most oohs and ahhs from everyone, but we also judge based on creativity. A number of Fashion Funtimes winners were rather "basic" in their aesthetic, but excellent in their creativity!
    2.) The rules may change as people ask questions and we clarify the details, so we may update the rules text here (we will also post responses to questions in the thread).
    3.) Go nuts! LET'S MAKE SOME HOLIDAY CHEEEEEER!

Mike thanks alot for this competition im so excited
  • YeongyulYeongyul I hate myselfMember Posts: 714
    THatS AwesOMe!
  • KinderQuaser20DKinderQuaser20D Member Posts: 190
    ColenelY said:

THatS AwesOMe!

Thanks alot
    Can you be online in deepworld at times square?

• CleoAdkins007CleoAdkins007 Land of OzMember Posts: 1,112
    Clueboe said:

A rather obvious one, the Pilgrim Hat!

"I'm thankful that my hat is wearing a belt!

Oh, that's what that hat is called.. :joy: Couldn't think of the name when I submitted my entry in the last competition!
  • EXPGamingEXPGaming Member Posts: 47
    I think we should add Bigfoot to the game..Hunting BigFoot!
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller On EarthMember Posts: 189
    Do we need it to be a certain theme? Because I have many unrelated ideas.
    edited November 2016
    Nutcracker Hat! I tried my hardest. I had to make this one 3D and I'm not good at making things like 3D letters.
    Post edited by vmh20 on
    image.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
  • YeongyulYeongyul I hate myselfMember Posts: 714
    That rhymed
  • RedolantRedolant 40 Characters Isn't Enough Cuz I Live In LlanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochMember Posts: 156
    I saw the rule that submissions must be in color, I'm out
  • CasparlyCasparly Somewhere in NeverlandMember Posts: 92
    vmh20 said:

Charlie Brown Christmas Tree - Hat

This is great I also had this idea but didn't draw it out but looks amazing good luck
    Casparly said:

vmh20 said:

Charlie Brown Christmas Tree - Hat

This is great I also had this idea but didn't draw it out but looks amazing good luck
    Thank you very much! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.