Zinc and Copper Blocks?

-CRYSTAL-KING--CRYSTAL-KING- I quitMember Posts: 1,161
I have always known about these, and have always awed those who own them. But I have never been given the opportunity to actually buy one, until now. I'd like to find out all about these blocks. How did the people obtain them? How many are there in the game? Is it a worthy investment, or would something like a Notch be better worth? And most importantly, I'd like a rough estimate of its value. Hypothetically, if you had, say, 100 Onyx, how much would you be willing to pay for these rare, and unobtainable blocks? No more then 1 Onyx, or up to 50 Onyx? All opinions are appreciated.

I'd also like to find out about Water blocks, and dirt backdrop (@Sirentist ?). How did the players get them? What are they worth?

Thanks.
-CRYSTAL-KING-

Comments

• Android2_0Android2_0 Member Posts: 214
    Hmm I have wondered about this too. In my opinion if i could choose a notch or one if these blocks I would choose one if these boocks. It is really all up to personal preference. My logic behind choosing the bock over notch is that over time notches prices will go slowly down while the ore blocks prices will move slowly up as the few accounts with these blocks loose intrest or quit. It is really up to your opinion, if you want the really rare thing asap or the rare thing that increses over a long period of time. But if Ihad the choice i would pick android items over ores or onyx!
  • -CRYSTAL-KING--CRYSTAL-KING- I quitMember Posts: 1,161
    edited November 2016

Hmm I have wondered about this too. In my opinion if i could choose a notch or one if these blocks I would choose one if these boocks. It is really all up to personal preference. My logic behind choosing the bock over notch is that over time notches prices will go slowly down while the ore blocks prices will move slowly up as the few accounts with these blocks loose intrest or quit. It is really up to your opinion, if you want the really rare thing asap or the rare thing that increses over a long period of time. But if Ihad the choice i would pick android items over ores or onyx!

Notches price is going up actually, although it's slow. It's due to its increasing demand, people see it as the "end game" item. As for Copper and Zinc blocks, you can't place them, the only thing you can do is show them in a trade, and they don't even have an icon, just a blank space with the name "Zinc Block" and "Copper Block". Anyway, I really like your point. Thanks @Android2_0! For being such a help, want a lovely stuffed android? I sliced it's head off, tore out the gears and pistons, spraying oil everywhere, and then I violently stuffed it full of dirty cotton wool. Want it?

If anybody else has any opinions or knowledge on these items, please say!
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,327
    It was once obtainable from H.M.S tutorial, the devs accidentally gave blocks instead of ores,and was fixed immediately
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,483
    Earth backdrop dropped as loot from chests for a very short time around the end of 2012. I believe the code was supposed to drop onyx, but a tiny error resulted in earth backdrop dropping instead. As I recall, it was literally only a few days before the error was caught and fixed.

Around the same time, water and other liquid blocks were sometimes given to players who were making epic builds incorporating liquids. This was before butler bots, so the only way a player could work with liquids was if a dev put liquid blocks in their inventory.
    20 Onyx and 3 Coffins later...
    Please tell me if I made the right choice
    edited November 2016
    I showed it to a couple of people, and I told them what I payed. Some thought it was a scam, others just said "no way how??" One person however, sperotheballer, told me 3 of his friends had them and were selling them for an Onyx each. Could this be true?

ETA: Oh, and also apparently Muneeb gave them away, too. Can someone please tell me how many there are? I was led to believe there were only two in the game.
    Post edited by -CRYSTAL-KING- on
    Worst. Trade. Ever.
    So far by trying to sell them, or show people, I've just been called a scammer and a liar.
    Ugr, I've always hated dealing with unobtainables. I need a break from Deepworld.
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,327

20 Onyx and 3 Coffins later...
    Please tell me if I made the right choice

I think 20 onyx is way too overpriced
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,483

I showed it to a couple of people, and I told them what I payed. Some thought it was a scam, others just said "no way how??" One person however, sperotheballer, told me 3 of his friends had them and were selling them for an Onyx each. Could this be true?

ETA: Oh, and also apparently Muneeb gave them away, too. Can someone please tell me how many there are? I was led to believe there were only two in the game.

There are far more than two in the game. I would guess at least a hundred, maybe a couple hundred. They dropped from the chest in groupings of five each, and I'm pretty sure people made alts just to get them. I'm sorry you overpaid for them. But hey, at least now you have them, right?
  • Pr0m4NV14Pr0m4NV14 Hill Valley, 2015. You should see Jaws 19. The shark still looks fake.Member Posts: 891
    Can you craft copper blocks?
    edited November 2016
    Sirentist said:

at least a hundred, maybe a couple hundred.

O-O
    Well [EBL]
    20 Onyx...