Micro Protector Design Competition

vmh20vmh20 Member Posts: 612
edited November 2016 in Events
Welcome welcome one and all to the micro protector competition! Brought to you by myself and @-CRYSTAL-KING- (He quit for a few months, I recently found out... So I'll be taking over :( )

---------------------------------------------------

What is this competition all about?

As some of you know, I own a micro protector in Times Square, So we thought of a little competition to see who is the most creative!

---------------------------------------------------

What should I build?

The theme for the competition will be winter since the holidays are right around the corner! Put your festive heart into this competition!

----------------------------------------------------

What are the prizes?

1st - 1 Onyx
2nd - 3 Diamonds
3rd - 1 Diamond

-----------------------------------------------------

A few extra things to point out

- We ask you to please build in the sky
- We ask you to build away from other people's builds (Maybe just a few blocks away)
- Please place a plaque so we know where your entry is so we can judge it!
- Do not place any backdrop behind the protector
- The world is not purified and not fully explored, keep everything you find!

The world name will be - Micro Competition -

1st place gets their design in Times Square until February 1st!

Competition ends on December 17th and judging will begin very soon after that!

Have fun!!

EDIT - My fault, the world was protected and now you should be able to create.
Post edited by vmh20 on

Comments

• ChickenChicken Ignoring all of the arguments you people like to start.Member Posts: 869
    Getting started right now! :)
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 Making a BLT with extra bacon because I can.Member Posts: 2,208
    I'm gonna go build now, sounds fun!!

Are there any restrictions to theme other than it needs to be wintery? Like could some build a puzzle or like a picture or something?
  • vmh20vmh20 Member Posts: 612

I'm gonna go build now, sounds fun!!

Are there any restrictions to theme other than it needs to be wintery? Like could some build a puzzle or like a picture or something?

Anything you can thing of! Just think of some wintery stuff to put in it though.
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 Making a BLT with extra bacon because I can.Member Posts: 2,208
    Ok, well imma building, good luck all.
  • -CRYSTAL-KING--CRYSTAL-KING- I quitMember Posts: 1,161
    Sounds great! Count me in!
  • AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 991
    vmh20 said:

...And there was me thinking I'd paid for a sign in that pro advertising Rock Candy until 1st February 2017... The sign which has disappeared as well :(
    edited November 2016
    AMWhy said:

vmh20 said:

...And there was me thinking I'd paid for a sign in that pro advertising Rock Candy until 1st February 2017... The sign which has disappeared as well :(
    Check your inbox.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz ...Member Posts: 2,648
    i claim 1st prize cuz i am a bad boi
  • AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 991
    vmh20 said:

AMWhy said:

vmh20 said:

Check your inbox.
    Replied. I'd suggest either postponing this competition (prize beginning on Feb 1st) or ensuring each entrant makes room for the sign.
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,662
    Sounds fun. I'll get to building right now.
  • VOIDVOID Member Posts: 11
    What if I have a mini paint bunker? What can I do to it to make it "wintery" themed?
    VOID said:

What if I have a mini paint bunker? What can I do to it to make it "wintery" themed?

Hmm, not quite sure, but you have well over 2 weeks to decide.
  • RedolantRedolant 40 Characters Isn't Enough Cuz I Live In LlanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochMember Posts: 151
    Oops..
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 894K
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 258
    I wish u had made world in arctic biome for winter theme.
    Redolant said:

Oops..

If you're refrerring to bring underground that's fine, at least you have a plaque :)
    Bastian7 said:

Unfortunately I only have 1 and I still need to explore it.
    edited December 2016
    Is alpaca wintery enough for my paint bunker to be picked?
    image.jpeg
    2048 x 1536 - 406K
  • RedolantRedolant 40 Characters Isn't Enough Cuz I Live In LlanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochMember Posts: 151
    vmh20 said:

Redolant said:

Oops..

If you're refrerring to bring underground that's fine, at least you have a plaque :)
    Well, I have already moved it and the couch can't be placed without removing the pro then placing or placing the couch first.. My entry is now in the air and no backdrop behind the pro and I think it's a bit more winterish
    Redolant said:

vmh20 said:

Redolant said:

Oops..

Well, I have already moved it and the couch can't be placed without removing the pro then placing or placing the couch first.. My entry is now in the air and no backdrop behind the pro and I think it's a bit more winterish
    Ok! Can't wait to see yours and everyone else's!
    I think I'm pretty much done building mine, I'm happy with it. It's simple, but tells a good story of Christmas just by looking at it (at least I think so, lol)

Good luck everyone!!!!
    Holy crap! When I logged on 13 people were in the world! I got many greetings and got to see many awesome entries. Just to let everyone know once the competition is over I will be taking a picture of every entry and making one giant album, I'll probably post it in the screenshot of the day thread and this thread.
    What is the max amount of entrys that a single player can have?
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,445
    VOID said:

What is the max amount of entrys that a single player can have?

Vmh said around 2-3.
    vmh20 said:

Holy crap! When I logged on 13 people were in the world! I got many greetings and got to see many awesome entries. Just to let everyone know once the competition is over I will be taking a picture of every entry and making one giant album, I'll probably post it in the screenshot of the day thread and this thread.

Dude that's nothing, I just logged on and there were 26 people!!!!
    edited December 2016
    vmh20 said:

Bastian7 said:

Unfortunately I only have 1 and I still need to explore it.
    I'll help explore if you want me too?...lol
    edited December 2016
    Accidental post...
    Small note for everyone, winter theme is preffered but you can make something else if you want to.
  • martin148martin148 You don't want to knowMember Posts: 191
    edited December 2016
    please update the rules in the competition world with more detailed infos (eg: the prefered theme of this competition, its not stated in competition world, or some other infos thats not been stated), as not everyone check the forums. PS just a reminder
    Post edited by martin148 on
    Today is the day! Judging will begin shortly hopefully, I'm aware that there is a monster amount of entries so the winners should be announced in the coming days.
    Also, @-CRYSTAL-KING- will no longer be joining us sadly.