Maintenance complete again (hopefully)

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,956
Update: We think we've figured out the server resets. We will keep an eye on it. Let us know if you see any other irregularities!

Update: Players reported consistent server restarts and we have identified the error. We are working to get it resolved.

Update: Game maintenance is complete for all users!

Update: we are live with the new database, however the API is still having issues so Windows world search is nonfunctional at the moment. We hope to restore full service soon.

Hi all, our database server has been nothing but trouble lately. We are moving it to a different data center, and unfortunately this might take as long as a day or more (we're not sure of the exact time). We will keep you posted! Thanks for your patience.
Post edited by mikelaurence on

Comments

• ChickenChicken Ignoring the 10-year-old couple llmmzz and derpdeeMember Posts: 902
    I guess the forums will be more active during maintenance.
    At least we are moving to a different server! :)
  • BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Member Posts: 2,302
    from moving networks to moving databasses
  • bean17magicbean17magic Earth. COME AT ME ALIENS!Member Posts: 279
    4th!

(Yey, I won't be alone on the forums anymore because I have no life :D)
  • FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,328
    edited December 2016
    Throwback! We were trying to change servers in December last year as well! Maybe this time it will work. I'm always down for new server though!
  • 4SlotToaster4SlotToaster Member Posts: 1,809
    Loaded up the app and saw this. It's okay, I'll make it through.
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 453
    I kind of like these posts because it means I can stop suspecting my internet provider xD
  • SpyroSpyro Sometimes I miss the top of the food chainMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,648

Loaded up the app and saw this. It's okay, I'll make it through.

PLEASE STAY
  • GizikinGizikin Da Caribbean with meh pirate fwendsMember Posts: 68
    Can you explain on what's going on with the deepworldgames.com main page. I think it's either the same problem or my internet is all funky.
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 453
    Gizikin said:

Can you explain on what's going on with the deepworldgames.com main page. I think it's either the same problem or my internet is all funky.

Think it's off the same database, so also getting moved?
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtueMember Posts: 520
    Alrighty then!
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamMember Posts: 2,219
    Oh no what am I going to do while my 3DS is charging? No pokemon or deepworld!! D:
  • LuckySharkLuckyShark Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2016
    I think they are transfering all player data to a new memory source... I think it only goes as fast as 15gb per second to transfer data. Game might be down for a day or two
  • TishkuTishku Hii, I want to dieeMember Posts: 15

I think they are transfering all player data to a new memory source... I think it only goes as fast as 15gb per second to transfer data. Game might be down for a day or two

A day or two without Deepworld? That sounds like hell to me :(
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Farming Collisionless MobsMember Posts: 347
    edited December 2016
    Game isn't working correctly. Crashes every 1-3 min.
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,711
    If your fixing Deepworld and there's progress, then that's good for me.
  • FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,328
    Hooray! It worked!
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtueMember Posts: 520

Game isn't working correctly. Crashes every 1-3 min.

Same here. I'm constantly getting errors every 2-3 minutes. (Note: This started happening after the maintenance)
  • LilyabcLilyabc YouTubeMember Posts: 539
    And.. now it's down for maintenance again. Also the crashing is driving me INSANE
  • vmh20vmh20 Member Posts: 639
    Lilyabc said:

And.. now it's down for maintenance again. Also the crashing is driving me INSANE

Yep..
    vmh20 said:

Lilyabc said:

Yep..
    Hopefully this maintenance will fix
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 430
    edited December 2016
    Lilyabc said:

Hope its get fixed soon I JUST BOUGHT CROWNS xD
    btw is it done soon?
  • LilyabcLilyabc YouTubeMember Posts: 539

Lilyabc said:

Hope its get fixed soon I JUST BOUGHT CROWNS xD
    So.. that was what you were doing when I was trying to talk to you.

• LuckySharkLuckyShark Member Posts: 4
    I just seen a new rock... I think it was onyx and it crashed for good

I just seen a new rock... I think it was onyx and it crashed for good

Ah man XD
  • vmh20vmh20 Member Posts: 639
    Also, look for an update post on Micro Competiton later today, it's nothing to do with cancelling it.
  • GizikinGizikin Da Caribbean with meh pirate fwendsMember Posts: 68
    HI LAURNCE :smiley:
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 300

Update: Players reported consistent server restarts and we have identified the error. We are wot resolved.

Update: Game maintenance is complete for all users!

Update: we are live with the new database, however the API is still having issues so Windows world search is nonfunctional at the moment. We hope to restore full service soon.

Hi all, our database server has been nothing but trouble lately. We are moving it to a different data center, and unfortunately this might take as long as a day or more (we're not sure of the exact time). We will keep you posted! Thanks for your patience.

• mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 300
    Maintenence again :(
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 430

Update: Players reported consistent server restarts and we have identified the error. We are working to get it resolved.

When is it done?