what does a rapier do

hail_stormhail_storm in tartarus!!fighting!Member Posts: 118
is it ment do something or is it just for show

Comments

• ChickenChicken Ignoring the 10-year-old couple llmmzz and derpdeeMember Posts: 903
    I always thought it killed terrapi fast.
  • hail_stormhail_storm in tartarus!!fighting!Member Posts: 118
    oh
  • ChickenChicken Ignoring the 10-year-old couple llmmzz and derpdeeMember Posts: 903
    That doesn't mean it actually does that; it's just what I always thought it did.
    Didn't sledgehammer kill automata and rapier was used to kill live mobs? I believe newbies without guns use them for that purpose. Not entirely sure, though. :)
    intresting do u think i should make a onyx rapier or is it not worth because i have all the right supplies i need to make one

intresting do u think i should make a onyx rapier or is it not worth because i have all the right supplies i need to make one

Save save your onyx for a more valuable tool, such as a shovel, ect.
    You can use a gun to do the same thing that a rapier can do. (If what I think it does is correct)
    I have a regular rapier and since it is useless to me I will not be upgrading. :)
    oh okay thanks!
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    It does piercing damage as opposed to the sledge's blunt damage.

I think it damages ORGANIC enemies more.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,690

It does piercing damage as opposed to the sledge's blunt damage.

I think it damages ORGANIC enemies more.

This is correct.

Tesla Club and Sledge do more damage to automata, where as organic mobs take increased damage from rapiers.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,317
    Onyx Rapiers are collector's items
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,690
    RedMan said:

They do more damage than their diamond and iron counterparts too
  • DraculDracul MalkuthMember Posts: 1,526
    Everywhen said:

RedMan said:

They do more damage than their diamond and iron counterparts too
    If the onyx sledge is anything to base off of, the rapier would also crit a LOT more
  • DraculDracul MalkuthMember Posts: 1,526
    edited May 27
    Gravedig bump; but I feel like this could be some info on it.

Being a wasteful player, I used some onyx to create an onyx rapier to compare with my onyx sledgehammer.

Main difference? While the onyx rapier renders most terrapi into an exotic, unhealthy kebab; the main difference seems to be that they don't crit at all. When you use an onyx sledge, explosions are very common (and while critting can be a hassle since it leaves behind a drop you should get automatically) and help better when fighting groups of mobs since the crits do AoE damage.

I'm not sure if rapiers intentionally being unable to crit is how it was designed or if it was a bug. I have Combat level 8 on my account.

@mikelaurence any clarification?
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,317
    Dracul said:

Gravedig bump; but I feel like this could be some info on it.

Being a wasteful player, I used some onyx to create an onyx rapier to compare with my onyx sledgehammer.

Main difference? While the onyx rapier renders most terrapi into an exotic, unhealthy kebab; the main difference seems to be that they don't crit at all. When you use an onyx sledge, explosions are very common (and while critting can be a hassle since it leaves behind a drop you should get automatically) and help better when fighting groups of mobs since the crits do AoE damage.

I'm not sure if rapiers intentionally being unable to crit is how it was designed or if it was a bug. I have Combat level 8 on my account.

@mikelaurence any clarification?

I approve of rapiers NOT having crit
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,015
    edited May 27
    I prefer to use the prestigious onyx cane as a weapon rather than some puny rapier.