Another Convoluted Idea: Orders

PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,543
edited January 16 in Feedback and Game Ideas
So, orders are fairly useless as of now, and even what was planned for them seems a little lacking. So, through another extremely complicated never to be implemented though, I present a new order reform.

So, remember when we got those family names that meant nothing at the time? Those family names should each have their own "order" that they are the leader of. These orders would be competing organizations fighting to decide who should lead the new world and reestablish an organized government. Each would have a governing them and related bonus. They could be as follows:
Democracy (Capitalism): Slightly better yield when raiding dungeons where you were the only one to break protectors. There would also be some other bonuses for doing things solo.
Monarchy: The more shillings (or some other currency) you have in your inventory the more bonuses from the order you get. (The king would favor the rich)
Communism: You get larger bonuses the more you give valuable items (atleast crystal rarity) to other players. A player who receives items will get no bonuses if they give items to a player who have items to them for some amount of time to prevent fraud.
Facism: You get a small amount of basic material like iron, copper, zinc, and more everyday. This would be good for builders.

There could be more for the other families.

Each family would have a homeworld created by the devs. That is where you would go to join an organization. If a player goes to the family that the player also has, they will get slightly easier requirements to join. Joining would almost be similar to a quest, with a task that has to be completed. Once completed, the player would join into the order. There would be a delay of the rest of the day you joined and another day to receive bonuses to prevent people from switching around orders too often.

Battles:
Every once in a while a world would be created where 2 orders are at war. People in the order would receive a message that a battle is going on in that world (There would be a limit of how many could join to prevent lag). Only the members of those orders could join. The players on different sides would PvP until a set amount of casualties is reached on one side. Once this happens, members of the losing side could no longer join, and the battle officially ends once all remaining enemies are killed. Once it ends, the world becomes controlled by the winning order and only members from that order can join. Once they win, the world becomes mineable and it basically becomes a standard world where only 1 order can join it. This would would have some kind of special generated structure and more loot than regular worlds.

That's all for now.
Post edited by PIPTR0 on

Comments

• Tannerman14Tannerman14 Making a BLT with extra bacon because I can.Member Posts: 2,208
    edited January 14
    "Remember when we got those family names?"

No, no I do not, what are you talking about? (Honestly just curious)

As for the rest of it, I like it, I like it a lot.
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,543
    The Victoria III quest "What's in the Name?"
    Ya know, names like Talbot, others...
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 Making a BLT with extra bacon because I can.Member Posts: 2,208
    edited January 14
    PIPTR0 said:

Ohhhh, is there anyway to find what name you were? I don't remember

(Sorry about hijacking the thread, payback for IronForce I guess, lol just kidding I don't care.) (just realized it was scribbz that started it not you, oh well, lol)
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,543
    I don't know, probably not.
    PIPTR0 said:

I don't know, probably not.

That's what I figured.
  • EverywhenEverywhen pressing the comment button makes all comments on activity disappear - debator 2k17Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,677

PIPTR0 said:

Ohhhh, is there anyway to find what name you were? I don't remember

(Sorry about hijacking the thread, payback for IronForce I guess, lol just kidding I don't care.)
    Oh yeah, I don't think there is sadly.

But @PIPTR0 this idea is pretty cool as it would bring a ton of immersion to the game.

The only thing I can see is people ending up with a bonus when they'd rather have another one after joining a family.
    Could it potentially be linked to guilds, but the bonus can only be changed once a month to prevent guild hopping? IDK, but I really like this idea
    edited January 14
    Well, being part of one of the family only makes joining that one a little easier, it's just logically that a family would make it easier for relatives. You can be in any order regardless of the family you are in
    You might have commented on this thread with your family @Tannerman14
    http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/21382/what-family-are-you/p1
  • EverywhenEverywhen pressing the comment button makes all comments on activity disappear - debator 2k17Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,677
    PIPTR0 said:

Well, being part of one of the family only makes joining that one a little easier, it's just logically that a family would make it easier for relatives. You can be in any order regardless of the family you are in

Yeah but would you be locked in afterwards?
    I can see the merit of being able to switch, but at the same time, for bonuses that good, it seems like people would want the ability to change.

Maybe a crown shop item or maybe players "ally" themselves with a family through some kind of contract, which lasts a certain period of time before people can rechoose.
    I like the contract idea. That would also remove the need for having to wait to get the bonus if you just couldn't quit from it for awhile.
    Yay more idea time!

Order Quests:
    Sometimes while in your order homeworld an NPC their would have random quests available to members. These quests would usually fall along the lines of either liberating a world from brain control or from another order. These would be solo quests where a world where only you can join is created. In these worlds, they would usually consist of one world teleported at the left or right side, a bunch of layers of perimeter checkpoints where enemies have to be defeated to move on, and a main base at the opposite side of the world from the teleporter. One would have to move through each of the checkpoints to disable alarms and defenses later on. Once the last checkpoint is commandeered, a force field around the main base would be disabled, allowing one to take control of the base. Once this is done, the world would become mineable, and the player who one would get a 10 minute period of solo raiding until others from the same order are allowed to join.
    edited January 14
    A crappy IPhone drawn picture:
    "Disclaimer: Not to Scale"
    Post edited by PIPTR0 on
    IMG_1418.PNG
    1024 x 768 - 216K
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,149
    Oooh, family names...

no, I don't remember those, but I believe I was a nightingale
    More idea time:
    Wars

Very sparingly, an order will declare war upon another. Whoever declares war will start an offensive on the other order, and a map of battlefields will be generated.
    Sample map: (each black dot is a battlefield/world)
    Each battlefield would be a world, and at the end of the chain would be the enemy order's homeworld. Attackers start at the beginning of the chain and conquer each battlefield to gain access to the next. Battles in each battlefield would work the same as seperate world battles mentioned before. If the attackers were to lose in one of the battlefields, the defenders would start a counteroffensive attacking toward the attackers homeworld. Attackers can stop this if they win the next battle. If either offensive were to reach a homeworld, the final battle would be held there. If the attackers were to win, they would gain control of that homeworld. Every homeworld the order has control of grants a small increase to the bonuses that the order provides to members. An order can only control a maximum of three homeworlds. Any conquered after this limit is reached would just give a temporary boost to bonuses for members, and the homeworld would be destroyed. An order that only had 1 homeworld and lost it would generate a new homeworld within a set ampunt of days, and while there is no homeworld for an order players receive decreased bonuses.
    IMG_1422.PNG
    768 x 470 - 26K
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,339
    Yea yes YES I NEED THIS.

-readies nukes-
    We need some tanks in the large scale battles... and cool mechs... that's what we need.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,149
    PIPTR0 said:

We need some tanks in the large scale battles... and cool mechs... that's what we need.

you need a brain tank and a brain tank base

ba dum tss
  • DebatorDebator time out chairMember Posts: 516
    YES YES YES
    ORDER WARS AND USEFULL CONTENT
    PIPTR0 said:

More idea time:
    Wars

Very sparingly, an order will declare war upon another. Whoever declares war will start an offensive on the other order, and a map of battlefields will be generated.
    Sample map: (each black dot is a battlefield/world)
    Each battlefield would be a world, and at the end of the chain would be the enemy order's homeworld. Attackers start at the beginning of the chain and conquer each battlefield to gain access to the next. Battles in each battlefield would work the same as seperate world battles mentioned before. If the attackers were to lose in one of the battlefields, the defenders would start a counteroffensive attacking toward the attackers homeworld. Attackers can stop this if they win the next battle. If either offensive were to reach a homeworld, the final battle would be held there. If the attackers were to win, they would gain control of that homeworld. Every homeworld the order has control of grants a small increase to the bonuses that the order provides to members. An order can only control a maximum of three homeworlds. Any conquered after this limit is reached would just give a temporary boost to bonuses for members, and the homeworld would be destroyed. An order that only had 1 homeworld and lost it would generate a new homeworld within a set ampunt of days, and while there is no homeworld for an order players receive decreased bonuses.

youre basically combining BF1 Operations and deepworld. Simply amazing
    PIPTR0 said:

-glares at old thread-
    http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/16327/idea-helicopters
    Now the more I though about this, the more I want it...
    1 quick thing: If an order only has 1 homeworld, it is called a homeworld. If it owns two, the original homeworld of the order would be called the capital.

Yay more order quest ideas:

Infiltrator Quests:
    A rare order quest that could be obtainable by experienced members would be infiltrator quests. Once they get this quest, they will be given a temporary clothing set that matches the other order's and temporarily access to the enemy order's main capital. The infiltrator would be tasked with finding some secret information, a stolen item, or the coordinates of a new world. When in the enemy order's capital the infiltrator has to sneak around and go to a different part of the world depending on the item they need to retrieve. When an infiltrator enters the world, actual members of the order in the world would be notified that there is an infiltrator and to look out for suspicious activity. NPC guards would spawn around the world and would either have to be killed before the could activate a special lever near them which triggers an alarm near them, telling players where the infiltrator is. This alarm would also lock down down doors near them so they can't escape without finding a different exit. Players who spot the infiltrator could also pull alarms scattered around the world or just try to kill them. Killing an actual order member would result in a penalty, for when an infiltrator is present, the world turns to PvP. Once the infiltrator retrieves the item, they could teleport back to their order homeworld and complete the quest. The rewards vary on different items:

Secret Info: Temporary boost to order bonuses and higher likehood to get more missions later.
    Stolen Item: Temporary boost to order bonuses and they get the item that they retrieved.
    World Coordinates: Temporary boost to order bonuses and spawns a new world where a battle starts for control of it.
    Some quickly drawn example guns for different orders.image
    IMG_1429.PNG
    1024 x 768 - 102K
    edited January 16
    And some exceptionally poorly drawn tanks.
    Post edited by PIPTR0 on
    IMG_1430.PNG
    1024 x 768 - 146K
    edited January 16
    Some better looking guns for different orders:
    Top - Monarchy
    Middle - Communism
    Bottom: Capitalism
    Post edited by PIPTR0 on
    IMG_1434.PNG
    1024 x 768 - 148K
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller On EarthMember Posts: 137
    edited January 16
    In a broken world, where humanity ceases to exist, they must work togethe... Wait what? Wars? How do we focus on taking back our world when we don't work with each other? Greedy people... To be honest, I like this idea, it really brings the game to a new level of survival and for once, where people actually work together from other then building or pvping all day in cake. And a addition to this idea, how about when a world is claimed, you can share dungeon chests? This might help prevent problems of greed or failure in cooperating.

Edit: Another addition to your idea, maybe after a world is claimed. A new event occurs. After you defeat the lord brain of the world, the chat says "Brains Are Invading!" The concept is that brains come from the sky to attack you. Brains infinitely spawn and become stronger based on the amount killed, when you kill enough brains, the event ends. Once the event is over, everyone could get a random prize just like the pandora box. The only difference is better rewards.
    It's the same with any new world type things, everyone will always want the world to be run in in different ways with different ideologies.
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,339
    PIPTR0 said:

It's the same with any new world type things, everyone will always want the world to be run in in different ways with different ideologies.

But we know there can only be one, glorious ideology to advance this world to a new era!

All jokes aside so far I like all the ideas. However, as much as I would love to drive around in a tank, I don't think it would be very usefull since we already have jetpacks and y, very blocky terrain. I do think it will be nice if we could craft them and place them as decorations for warzone type worlds or factories (or ofcourse the capital city of a glorious totalitarian guild ugh ugh)
    Yeah, the tanks wouldn't be too convenient in a blocky world... but imagine a relatively flat war zone with trenches and barbed wire and steampack surpressors...

That would be awesome...
    edited January 16
    Here's some machine guns that wouldn't even fit in deepworld but I drew them anyway.
    Top - Monarchy
    Middle - Communism
    Bottom - Capitalism
    IMG_1436.PNG
    1024 x 768 - 188K
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtueMember Posts: 520
    edited January 16
    You know that's the worst part? This will never ever ever be implemented in the game, and I want this feature so much. Well, too bad. :(

Also I think it would be good to take out Fascism from the factions.
    And the people from the same factions should not be able to kill each other during wars.
    What's wrong with facism?