Tougher Function For Expierenced Players

Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,652
Being a high leveled player is awesome, but us players need danger in our gameplay.
Every time you level up, mobs become stronger, faster, and smarter. These mobs will be called Elites. Say that a new player is Level 6 for example. The difficulty of the mobs will the same level for the player's experience. Now let's bring in a Level 78. The mobs will then be called elites and will be heavily modified and tougher with different looks and is a larger form of the regular mobs.

This function doesn't have to be all that bad. When bigger and tougher mobs are killed, a large sum of EXP will be rewarded to the player along with decent loot. There can be a new achievements of two. Regular and Master King Elite. You will have to kill 5 elites of a specific type. This one will reward you 5000 EXP Points. The Master includes you to kill 20 elites of a specific type for the master achievement. This one will reward you 10000 EXP Points. After you finish the Master achievement, you will be rewarded a one time rare loot.

@lisa @mikelaurence

Comments

• Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,652
    Everywhen said:

Being a high leveled player is awesome, but us players need danger in our gameplay.
    Every time you level up, mobs become stronger, faster, and smarter. These mobs will be called Elites. Say that a new player is Level 6 for example. The difficulty of the mobs will the same level for the player's experience. Now let's bring in a Level 78. The mobs will then be called elites and will be heavily modified and tougher with different looks and is a larger form of the regular mobs.

This function doesn't have to be all that bad. When bigger and tougher mobs are killed, a large sum of EXP will be rewarded to the player along with decent loot. There can be a new achievements of two. Regular and Master King Elite. You will have to kill 5 elites of a specific type. This one will reward you 5000 EXP Points. The Master includes you to kill 20 elites of a specific type for the master achievement. This one will reward you 10000 EXP Points. After you finish the Master achievement, you will be rewarded a one time rare loot.

@lisa @mikelaurence

Its a nice idea, but doesn't really work in an MMO like Deepworld.

Say someone at level 78 is in an area. All of these uber powerful mobs will be spawning, and any lower level players in the area won't stand a chance.
    Actually I meant as if the mobs differ from perspective.
    Say there are two players. One's Level 78 and the other's Level 6. There is a terrapi in the room. The mob is an elite for the Level 78, but for the Level 6 that's just a regular mob since he isn't experienced enough for it to be an elite in his POV. Although the Level 78 will kill it, the elite will drop high EXP and give a bonus loot. On the other hand the Level 6 will kill it but it drops a small amount of EXP and gives no bonus loot.

It's kinda hard to explain but it's fairly simple.
  • EverywhenEverywhen pressing the comment button makes all comments on activity disappear - debator 2k17Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,677

Everywhen said:

@lisa @mikelaurence

Its a nice idea, but doesn't really work in an MMO like Deepworld.

Say someone at level 78 is in an area. All of these uber powerful mobs will be spawning, and any lower level players in the area won't stand a chance.
    Actually I meant as if the mobs differ from perspective.
    Say there are two players. One's Level 78 and the other's Level 6. There is a terrapi in the room. The mob is an elite for the Level 78, but for the Level 6 that's just a regular mob since he isn't experienced enough for it to be an elite in his POV. Although the Level 78 will kill it, the elite will drop high EXP and give a bonus loot. On the other hand the Level 6 will kill it but it drops a small amount of EXP and gives no bonus loot.

It's kinda hard to explain but it's fairly simple.
    Ah ok.

Even still, having a single instance of an object (the mob), presenting as multiple versions of itself to different players (difficulty and appearance) would probably be quite server intensive.
    Imagine a pandora party, with 10 players of different levels. that means for every mob, there are 10pseudomobs, that all share some information,
  • JeanieJeanie FacebookMember Posts: 80
    I enjoy that fact that now at level 78, it is easier to kill mobs. For those players wanting more difficult play, there could be a choice to play in normal or hard mode.

• Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 258
    Jeanie said:

I enjoy that fact that now at level 78, it is easier to kill mobs. For those players wanting more difficult play, there could be a choice to play in normal or hard mode.

Or play with one arm tied behind your back...Xd
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamMember Posts: 2,219
    Jeanie said:

I like this idea. Maybe there can be "hardmode" worlds, with higher level mobs and different rules.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 857
    Great idea!

One I had on my mind would be to change up the way dungeons spawn. Have them spawn in reverse, upside down or in the sky. The sky would be rad!
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,652
    Extra: A special world that is generated normally only unlocked for Level 40+ that contains 3x the dungeons a regular world has. More dangerous and tougher health mechanics for only mobs in this world. Dying here 3 times kicks you out of the world.
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Playing Growtopia as 24elijah24Member Posts: 654
    I'm getting some Fallout vibes here.