Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Classes with bonuses.

NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtuePosts: 520Member
edited January 2017 in Feedback and Game Ideas
I thought: deepworld classes would be great! Who were you before the apocalypse?
Each of them would come with bonuses. So far I came up with the following:
Soldier: You were formally trained, and know the true potential of weapons.
Your weapons and bombs deal more damage. You can also put bombs further away.
Architect: Being in the best of the pre-war architectural universities pays off. Even when they lay in ruins.
You can place blocks further away and waste less resources when crafting them. Your education also gives you +4 skill points in building.
Miner: You knew only 2 individuals that you could trust. Your pickaxe, and your shovel.
Come across rich vains twice as often, loot greater quantities of ore (applies only when looting minerals). Overall digging and mining speed is increased.
Scientist: You knew and were taught by the greatest minds, in the greatest scientific universities.
Start with engineering, building, automata lvl 3.
Survivalist: you know your way around any environment. Even this wasteland.
Increased regeneration, jerky gives 1.5 health (instead of 1), start with survival lvl 2

If anything is over-/underpowered please tell me and give me the new stats if you feel like it. Also if you come up with new classes post them here
: D

Post edited by NightTheKidDW on

Comments

• awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member
    That would require someone to start fresh in order to obtain said classes.

Interesting, but it isn't feasible without players restarting or some rather complex coding.
  • YeongyulYeongyul i really, really like milkPosts: 754Member

Interesting, but it isn't feasible without players restarting or some rather complex coding.

Well if this WERE added to to the game, we can choose what to be when we play it.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,058Member
    Scientist is a tad bit underpowered, it is easy to reach the maximum levels of skills within only half a year, and adding more levels would just be both useless and unfair. Maybe change the perks from skill levels to something else.
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtuePosts: 520Member
    edited January 2017

Just like after the Level Up update, the choice will be given to older players as well, so you don't have to start fresh.
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtuePosts: 520Member
    edited January 2017
    RedMan said:

Scientist is a tad bit underpowered, it is easy to reach the maximum levels of skills within only half a year, and adding more levels would just be both useless and unfair. Maybe change the perks from skill levels to something else.

I don't know to what I could change them. I'm open to ideas though :)

But then, scientists' max level for the skills will be 18 (I think previous max was 15.)
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller On EarthPosts: 247Member
    In my personal opinion, I would take survivalist, since onyx exo rarely helped with regen. Also that jerky is more usefull.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,099Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    Pretty cool, I'd go architect (should get starting bonus to building)

Actually no, Scientist.
    All the extra skill points
  • AuraAura EnglandPosts: 5,075Member, Arbiter
    There used to be a sort of class system when skill points where achievement based, as you only had a limited number of skill points. But now that the game is XP based without a cap people can end up with max points in all skills and just be able to do anything solo.

The only real differentiation there is in the game now is PvPers, Builders, and Explorers, or a mix between them.
    Aura said:

There used to be a sort of class system when skill points where achievement based, as you only had a limited number of skill points. But now that the game is XP based without a cap people can end up with max points in all skills and just be able to do anything solo.

The only real differentiation there is in the game now is PvPers, Builders, and Explorers, or a mix between them.

The mix between them is the most op thing in the universe. All skills maxed out.
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Posts: 1,165Member
    Aura said:

That's not entirely true because there is a cap at 78, which is just enough points to max every skill of you apply brain wine and skill books properly
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalacePosts: 6,453Member
    I think its better to add these perks to orders (and future ones)
    For example, the Order ot the Crow is more exploration based, so probably the Miner and the Survivalist perks can be placed here.
  • AuraAura EnglandPosts: 5,075Member, Arbiter

Aura said:

That's not entirely true because there is a cap at 78, which is just enough points to max every skill of you apply brain wine and skill books properly
    I meant there's no real cap on the levels for skill points. At max level you can literally do anything alone.
    It confused me when the devs added it because they had previously been trying their hardest to make the game more social and make people more reliant on working together, like a post apocalyptic world would be.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberPosts: 1,150Member
    edited February 2017
    Aura said:

Aura said:

I meant there's no real cap on the levels for skill points. At max level you can literally do anything alone.
    It confused me when the devs added it because they had previously been trying their hardest to make the game more social and make people more reliant on working together, like a post apocalyptic world would be.
    I've noticed this too. Most players can take out large, dire and even lord brains on their own, which was never the case. From memory, the previous max level was something like 72, which wasn't nearly enough to max all of the stats, (this was before exp and the newer added stats)

Post edited by Zacywacko on
  • Cpt_FluffyBottomCpt_FluffyBottom At the foot of your bedPosts: 705Member
    edited March 2017
    Chef: Your jerky is WAY more delicious and heals for half a heart more. May be a bit broken... but that jerky sounds pretty darn good.

Edit: I just realized you gave the survivalist 1.5 jerky hearts, oops
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 741Member
    This could actually be a great idea! You could also do it for levelling up aswell!
    Lyven said:

For example, the Order ot the Crow is more exploration based, so probably the Miner and the Survivalist perks can be placed here.

@Lyven sorry for being such a necro, but then people would have to pay for certain classes which would not be good. (Order of the Moon).
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,058Member

Lyven said:

@Lyven sorry for being such a necro, but then people would have to pay for certain classes which would not be good. (Order of the Moon).
    I don't think the devs are gonna add more money orders.