What's your dungeon raiding technique?

EverywhenEverywhen pressing the comment button makes all comments on activity disappear - debator 2k17Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,677
How do you raid dungeons? Do you blitz through, ignoring all safety and just get in, grab the loot and go? #jerkyspamz

Or do you heroically take down every last Automata and Brain to secure the safety of the World Fragment you're in?

Or do you sneak past the enemies using a stealth cloak without them even noticing you were there?

Or like me, do you get drawn to that pretty purple light coming from the dungeon in a hell biome, only to discover that some dungeons apparently are equipped with Mosquito zapper lanterns?

What little tips and tricks do you have for surviving dungeons?

My contribution is this. On windows, there's a type of 2 protector dungeon that is impossible to get into the final chamber, due to spikes and movement mechanics.

If you loop around the side, and use a shovel get yourself stuck so that you vertically are in 3 blocks, you can sneak through the wall of the dungeon to get to that last protector.
(Video coming soon)

Comments

• YeongyulYeongyul Dulvey, LouisianaMember Posts: 714
    Jerky man to the rescue!!!
  • JackyJacky Somewhere in your house, eating your cookies......Member Posts: 78
    edited January 25
    I do 1, charge in and swing my pickaxe everywhere and hope i hit something
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,149
    In a dark, evil world like this, and with people everywhere looking for the chance to backstab a guillable person, I can not afford but to use 1
  • NerevarineNerevarine Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the space-time continuum...Member Posts: 3,599
    Run as fast as I can
  • AuraAura EnglandMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,064
    I run through with my huge tankiness.

Oh how I miss the days when I was so tanky that everybody who had put all their points into Luck thought I was jerky spamming.
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Member Posts: 1,184
    edited January 26
    Everywhen said:

How do you raid dungeons? Do you blitz through, ignoring all safety and just get in, grab the loot and go? #jerkyspamz

Or do you heroically take down every last Automata and Brain to secure the safety of the World Fragment you're in?

Or do you sneak past the enemies using a stealth cloak without them even noticing you were there?

Or like me, do you get drawn to that pretty purple light coming from the dungeon in a hell biome, only to discover that some dungeons apparently are equipped with Mosquito zapper lanterns?

My contribution is this. On windows, there's a type of 2 protector dungeon that is impossible to get into the final chamber, due to spikes and movement mechanics.

If you loop around the side, and use a shovel get yourself stuck so that you vertically are in 3 blocks, you can sneak through the wall of the dungeon to get to that last protector.
    (Video coming soon)
    What?! Nice! I am looking forward to the dungeon raiding video. That spiky dungeon has been a thorn in my side from the beginning.

Since I'm already posting something here, guess I'll go along with the sharing of raiding techniques. My account is about 2 years old, and my style has of course adapted along the way. These days, if I'm bothering to raid in a new public world, I will hit only the smaller dungeons that are distant from other players. (The bigger ones just aren't worth the jerky anymore.) Raids are performed as quickly and efficiently as possible. Brains are a nuisance to be ignored. If I'm wandering around in an abandoned world, I'll raid anything I see except that water dungeon that traps you if you aren't quick enough and the spiky dungeon of course.
    Post edited by vin_venture on
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 Making a BLT with extra bacon because I can.Member Posts: 2,208

Everywhen said:

(Video coming soon)
    What?! Nice! I am looking forward to the dungeon raiding video. That spiky dungeon has been a thorn in my side from the beginning.

Since I'm bothering to post something here, guess I'll go along with the sharing of raiding techniques. My account is about 2 years old, and my style has of course adapted along the way. These days, if I'm bothering to raid in a new public world, I will hit only the smaller dungeons that are distant from other players. (The bigger ones just aren't worth the jerky anymore.) Raids are performed as quickly and efficiently as possible. Brains are a nuisance to be ignored. If I'm wandering around in an abandoned world, I'll raid anything I see except that water dungeon that traps you if you aren't quick enough and the spiky dungeon of course.
    Wow, I can not even tell you how much this matches my style, lol
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,541
    ^Spiky dungeon has been a thorn in my side...

I usually just dart through the dungeon and get to the chest as fast as I can, taking and giving minimal damage to brains.
  • William2William2 Farewell!Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,376
    I try to lure the brains out the door and get them trapped in the dirt first, so that I don't have to worry about them and pretty much bypass all the hard parts of the dungeon. After that I just blitz straight through using as little jerky as I can whilst staying alive and raid it.
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Member Posts: 1,184
    PIPTR0 said:

I usually just dart through the dungeon and get to the chest as fast as I can, taking and giving minimal damage to brains.

I totally did that on purpose. So punny. :wink:
  • EverywhenEverywhen pressing the comment button makes all comments on activity disappear - debator 2k17Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,677

PIPTR0 said:

I totally did that on purpose. So punny. :wink:
    I'm trying to decided whether or not to show how to get it, cause it can be abused for stealing dungeons.
  • eliminatoreliminator Member Posts: 7
    The way to rade dungeons:
    -Lots of jerkies
    -Lots of deaths
    -And so much time if ur a newbie
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,653
    edited January 27
    I bust in, sweep all the rooms, and bust out with the loot.
  • FreshXFreshX Posting links instead of picsMember Posts: 1,284
    Here's what I do. Don't die. : 3
  • EverywhenEverywhen pressing the comment button makes all comments on activity disappear - debator 2k17Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,677
    FreshX said:

Here's what I do. Don't die. : 3

Quality advice, especially seeing as you can't portable teleport back to your dungeon after dying on windows
  • racerdogracerdog Member Posts: 65
    I'm totally 'Leeroy Jenkins'.
  • enderbross123enderbross123 Member Posts: 24
    William2 said:

I try to lure the brains out the door and get them trapped in the dirt first, so that I don't have to worry about them and pretty much bypass all the hard parts of the dungeon. After that I just blitz straight through using as little jerky as I can whilst staying alive and raid it.

pretty smart!
    but it probably takes a lot of time
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 222
    In a dungeon I just have my ways with my jerky and fillets at the ready!